Old 05-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #241  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

I'm late posting today, my weigh in. I'm up 2 pounds.

Kind of figured that would happen.

Busy week will try and post tomorrow.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I"m down this week ... yay ... but I worked my ... ahem ... off to get there. Had a fellow photographer in town from up North and we were shooting models for a book. 3 days of 12 hours of shooting in 8 different locations around town.

Ouch.

I dropped him off at the airport at noon today, came back home, and collapsed on the sofa for a 3 hour nap. My legs are a bit sore, but my right arm and shoulder are killing me from toting around the camera, flash, etc. for 3 solid days.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:46 AM   #243  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

LetsGo: I love to watch the Derby, but I don't follow the sport as much as I do others. We have horses, so that's the draw for me. I love to look at how beautiful they are. I actually like the horses they use to lead the racing horses to the gate. Should be a fun race!

Clyde: Don't worry about the weight gain. You will get it! You've done so well this year, so don't get discouraged.

Photo: I would think that carrying the cameras around would be the tough part. I'm sure they get a little heavy after awhile. That's where my creativity (if I had any) would go out the window!

I've done better this week with getting my exercise in. I won't weigh until Monday, so I hope I see a loss. It's really cold this morning and was cold yesterday. Hopefully we'll bounce back out of this!!! Baseball game tonight, so I'm hoping for no wind!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #244  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Slashnl, I am insanely jealous that you have horses. I adore them. I rode from 1st grade up to the end of high school and then had a long hiatus...college/law school/living in NYC...but finally got back to it when I moved to Connecticut. Sadly, I only ride once a week. It's all I can afford time-wise and budget wise. I could actually buy a horse, but the upkeep would not be feasible, not if I need to still put food on the table!! At any rate, I did hunters for many years but in the past 5 months have shifted to dressage/centered riding. It's so different but I am enjoying it.

A good friend of mine is a bigwig for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, and needless to say, he's been down in Louisville all week. He's my link to the world of racing and I always get some good behind the scenes info from him during Triple Crown season.

I know if I could ride 3x a week, this weight would coming off like mad. It's such a great workout for me - even doing a hour of hard core trot work, I'll lose a pound or two. *sigh* My goal is to FINALLY get a horse when my son is done with high school. He's 11 1/2, so it ain't happening tomorrow! And perhaps that's foolish...there could be college tuition at that point, so how would I then justify getting a horse? But I cannot imagine life without one, so...we'll see.

Meanwhile, the business dinner last night was great. I tried hard not to overindulge...was not completely successful, but at least I did not finish my apple cobbler dessert!!

Rainy here in CT and way too cool. Very doubtful that my son's Little League game will happen this evening. Grrr!!
LetsGoMets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #245  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Clyde
When weight goes up we don't let it get us down. We just look at what we have been doing and get things back in order.

Photo
Sounds like you need a nice long soak and a good book.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 05-02-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #246  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I've had a very busy week.

Middle daughter came home last week and said her friend had asked her to prom. He's a senior, she's a junior. Prom is tomorrow night. So we've been looking for dress, shoes etc. They also have a softball tournament tomorrow and have to play 3 games. I don't know what the coach was thinking doing this on the day of prom.

Also my oldest is moving into a house tomorrow with 3 friends. They are moving off campus. She broke her toe on Tuesday at dance class and has been on crutches. I have been going through all her stuff here, packing it up, moving furniture around. Getting stuff that she needs to move with. So we will drive up there with her furniture from home and unload it then go on campus and pack up her stuff there. It's going to be an all day thing. She will come home with us and decide what else she wants to take. Then on Sunday she will leave with the car and middle daughter willl not have the car to use. She was not too happy about that but my oldest needs to work and has to have a car.

Yes it's been a fun week
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #247  
Diane

LetsGo: I would really miss my horses if we didn't have them, but if it wasn't for my husband, I don't see that I could take care of them myself. He does most of the feeding and if there is a problem, he takes care of that, too. (Keep in mind that I do the majority of the kid stuff and running around) He takes care of all of our animals and I take care of the house, kids and yard. It works for us, so that's the good thing. They can be expensive little critters, too! Our horses are not specially trained. We used to do some roping, but we just are so busy now, we don't invest the time into that anymore. We mainly use them just for pleasure riding. They come with us when we go camping and hunting.

Clyde: Sounds like you are going to be terribly busy this weekend. It's nice that you can help out your daughter, though. It would be a little difficult to move boxes while on crutches! You'll definitely get your workout in this weekend!

Photo: Are you getting rested up now? Hopefully you are getting a chance to put your feet up for awhile!

Kappy: How are things going for you? Anything getting settled at work? Hope you're getting past the stress.

GT: Same question for you: Are you feeling better now? I hope that you are getting a little peace!

Rennie, Lovn, Sillycat: Whassup? (Ok, I almost deleted that... I can't pull that off.) So, how's it going?

Had another baseball game last night. They lost again, but this time by a lot. We were missing one of our best pitchers, so I think that had a lot to do with it. My son only had one at bat and he struck out. The other team's pitcher was good, but I think our team was just way off. Oh well. Another game on Monday. Let's hope they do better.

It is supposed to be nicer this weekend than it has been for the past few days. I hope so!!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Photo, Your life sounds very exciting albeit exhausting. Rennie has great advice, but I'd add a glass of wine with that soak and book!!!

Clyde, Hoping the best for both the move and the prom. Your children are keeping you hopping this weekend. Breathe deeply!!

Diane, That must have been a rough one for your son. I hope he didn't take the strike out too hard. If he only got one at bat plenty of his friends must have been in the same boat. At that age it's really tough for a team to adjust when someone is missing. Better luck next game.

Dance recital is done. It was a success. DD looked totally awesome and new her part well. It was exhausting for her uncle. He's single and came up from Madison to watch. Her dance was #35 of 36. That's a long time of watching other people's children. I myself love it. D, not so much! He was a very good sport though. My hubby took her alone yesterday and then daughter and daddy went to dinner after. All very special like, but I'm glad it's done for another year!!!
Off to church this morning. Oldest daughter has to acolyte and I'm serving communion. I've planned to share another crock pot dish with the cooking group today. "Orange Chicken with Sweet Potatoes" It's going to be hard to go though. We have the first sunshine this morning since Tuesday!! I'd rather be out and about, but it's always fun once I get there.
DS has been camping in rainy ick weather all weekend. They're scheduled to leave for home at 9am this morning. I bet they're wishing they were staying now!!
Diet's ok, exercise zilch since Fri.
Have a great Sunday ladies.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

I hope everyone is doing well this weekend! Sounds like everyone is busy - moving and dance recitals and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Lovn - I wish my life was half as exciting as it sounds! I had a wedding last night; another 8 hour one. The bride was so not into the photography which makes it hard. Her husband was and he was a sweetie-pie. I get the feeling hiring me was all *his* idea. But it was a good party and her grandparents were adorable so I took lots of photos of them!

I lost 2 lbs again - but I know this is mostly from exertion last night. I might keep 1 of it off. I do tend to lose weight in the wedding season, though. But MAN. I gotta get back to the gym. Carrying this gear around is killing me.

Ok, off to run errands. Grocery store, IKEA (yay), drop off my house payment, etc.

Have a good Sunday afternoon, ladies. I'll check in later!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #250  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Photo
Sorry the wedding wasn't as much fun as it could have been for you. Sounds like the hubby and I. He loves having pics taken I hate it lol. You have to get exercise just carrying all that stuff around lol. Nice going on the weight loss. Each pound gets us closer to where we want to be.

lovn
Glad things went well. Yes, it isn't always as fun for others to sit and watch our children lol.

Slash
As long as you are happy with how your household is ran that is all that matters. I give everyone less and less chores around here to do. Did you know washing dishes burns calories lol. If it is going to help me keep the weight off I am going to do it. We are going to get me a push mower because riding a lawn mower around here doesn't help one lose weight or give one exercise lol. I figure, as they are getting older they aren't going to be here so I might as well get back to doing things myself. They do have certain things they have to do just because they should do something. I am not going to clean their rooms or take care of their animals and I make them help out a lot on the one day a week I really clean house top to bottom. I remember baseball and other things the kids were involved in. It was hard when they lost even thou they were good losers. Maybe next time the game will go better.

Clyde
It is hard when living situations change and there aren't enough cars to go around. Since the daughter was in that accident and the car was totaled we are still looking for an extra car for the family. I am the one that is tired of going to get my car and she is at work with it lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 05-05-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #251  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Default Well had a good day today

Got up after sleeping in - went for a run showered and decided that for the first time since my dad passed that I'd pick up my golf clubs and go to the driving range. Golf was something I took up to be able to do with him - but it felt good to get out and do that - the weather was sunny and for the northwest in early May warm.

Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend and is all doing well - I'm now down to 137 so that's 28 lbs since the beginning of the year.

Photo - sounds like you need to keep doing those shoots - you lose a couple pounds with every one!

Nother week - hoping for another pound down at the end.

;o)
sillycat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #252  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Another busy, busy weekend, but amazingly, I got some of the best sleep I've had in months! However, I think good old exhaustion had something to do with it. By the time my head hit the pillow Friday night, I'd been awake 20 hours - that'll do it!! Little League has consumed our household as it does this time each year. My son had a game Friday night, practice Saturday, and a game again on Sunday. Not sure if other parts of the country do this, but here in our town in Connecticut, the parents share duties each game - scoring the game, pitch count, field prep, and the big one - manning the grill for duration of the game!!

Anyway - my son's team is 0-4, but they've been very tight, competitive games - they've lost by a mere run or two each time. The kids are getting better each game but it's so hard for them to keep it in perspective at this age (11 year olds). They really need that first win to bolster their spirits! They're a good bunch of kids.

Didn't get to ride this weekend, as my instructor had the audacity to get married on Saturday and head off to Cancun for her honeymoon!! The nerve! Ha ha of course only kidding. She's such a nice person and I'm very happy for her, but I can't wait til she gets back.

All the running around this weekend made for less eating. There just wasn't much time, or, we were all too exhausted. I haven't stepped on the scale, since I'm trying so hard to only weigh myself once a week (Wednesdays). But I feel better, so I'm hopeful.

At least the weather has improved - it's crystal clear today with highs expected around 65-70. Perhaps we've turned a corner.
LetsGoMets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Photo, My SIL loves IKEA. I've never been, guess I'll have to make it a destination. I have no idea if there is even one in WI though LoL

sillycat, 28 pounds in 4 months. That's so awesome! I hope you enjoyed your golf game.

Rennie, I knew there would have to be something in it for you to let the kids off the chore wagon. Extra burned calories can be very alluring.

letsgomets, It can be really hard when the kids lose. I'm sure my son's little league season is going to be the same way this year. So many of their solid players moved up to senior league this year. Our weather is better here too, let's enjoy it!!

Church was good yesterday. Pastor's sermon was really good. Lovely stories about God meeting you right where you are rather than waiting for you to be in your "happy place." Pastor's wife, our choir director, picked DD to be the caller for the song the confirmation class will be singing next Sunday. It's a South African tune, "Bambelela" translated, never give up. It should be really neat. After church the kids and I hustled off to the park for some tennis. Of course the park had many a "town kid" hanging out so I lost my racket immediately. So, I walked for 30 min and then reclaimed my racket for 30 min of heart warming and pounding fun. We raced home and off I went to cook at church. I shared "Orange Chicken and Sweet Potatoes." You dredge chicken breasts in flour seasoned with different things including nutmeg and cinnamon. The little pieces that got done durring browning tasted delicious. You layer the chicken on peeled sliced sweet potatoes in your crock pot and then cover with a sauce made from cream of chix soup, pineapple juice, orange zest and a little brown sugar. It cooks in the crock pot and then you serve it over rice. I've never made it before, but it smells yummy. I think it's going to be a winner....another woman shared WW Southwest Sloppy Joes. Made with ground turkey and LOTS of green pepper and onions. I think so many veggies is what made it a low cal dish, but the sauce was scrumptious and even my boys ate it w/o complaint. My oldest daughter tagged along to cooking. I couldn't have been more shocked when she asked to go, but it was terrific having her there. She was very helpful and all grown up like. Hmmm, gotta love those days.
Have a terrific Monday ladies!

Last edited by lovnmom; 05-05-2008 at 10:08 AM.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Morning all. Here's the update regarding the job. I still have one. It's in the same office building, different wing, different floor. It has extra security to get in and out, still have to get that. Have not spoken to the new boss yet, so no idea exactly what the new job will be. Do know it's in a call center. Which means working shifts, supervising union employees, and dressing the part. I've spent the last 10 years in jobs where I set my own hours and can change them daily if I want, and it's always casual Friday. I don't own any dress shoes, only tennies. They are not allowed in the new group, that much I do know. All my pants are jeans. Those are not allowed either, except on Fridays. Also know that because of the nonmanagement there will be no 3FC during work days, there will be no internet, no email, nothing outside of the job while in the office. Funny thing about the set shifts, my first thought was how am I going to work out a gym schedule?! Minimum time on the new job, 18 months. I can only leave then if they can find somebody to replace me. No replacement, not leaving. Might turn out to be a great job, won't know until I get there. Have to start by 5/16, I can start earlier if I can transition my current job before then. Until we know more there isn't anything to transition, they basically threw it all away. Guess you could say I'm more or less in shock. I have a job, and for that I am extremely grateful. I'll deal with the rest as best I can as it comes along. Whenever the heck that is. Meanwhile I still can't sleep, can't get out of bed in the morning, and guess what?! Gained two pounds. Knew that was coming. And I get to go try on business clothes. OMG. Yeah, REALLY looking forward to that! (NOT!)
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #255  
Diane

LetsGo: I could have written that baseball story. My son (soon to be 12), is playing ball, too. They are 0-3. The games up until Friday were close, though. Friday's game was a blow out. 10 run rule in the 4th inning. We were missing one of our pitchers, so that had a lot to do with it. I do a lot of the scorekeeping and pitch count, but I've assigned other parents to work the concession stand. (I hate working that!) We have a game tonight and that same pitcher will be gone, so I'm not holding my breath that it will get better tonight. We just have a lot of young, inexperienced players on our team. Hopefully the more seasoned players, like my son, can step up their game.

Kappy: Well, I guess you're getting closer to having more stability in place. I hope it all goes well for you. I know that shopping for any clothes sends me into crankyworld, so I wish you the best! Sorry that you're still having trouble sleeping, etc. The weight will come back off as you get more settled! I know it! Hang in there.

Rennie: Part of me thinks that I need to have the kids do more around the house, but the other part (the control freak) wants to do it myself so that it gets done the way that I want it to be! I gave up the lawn mowing though. My son likes to do it, so that's his job. It's a push mower, so I'm ok with giving that up. Although, it is a big yard and that was always quite the workout.

Sillcat: Hope the golfing was fun! I'm not into golf, but I know that there are a lot of people who absolutely love it.

Lovn: Those sloppy joes sound good. I just love green pepper and onion, so that would be great.

I didn't weigh myself this morning. I forgot. (You know, the dog ate my homework, too) I didn't do that great over the weekend, but I'll need to face the music soon. I don't think I've gained, but I hate to think that all I'm doing is maintaining... at THIS weight!