Old 04-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #226  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Awww Lovn... you're a mama again! At least with this species, you don't have to worry about diapers! ha! I'll bet they are cute. We have 2 calves, but thankfully, their mom's are good caretakers. They've been through this a lot, so they know the drill.

Kappy, I'm sure you will be so glad when you finally get some answers. I think that the waiting and wondering would be very stressful. Good point on the supplements. I haven't taken anything for a long time, but that's a good point.

Seawave: Any news yet from your doctor?

Well, I think my scale might be working again. I put it where I thought it might dry out, and it seems to have some life. I'm going to let it "rest" for awhile now and see if it will work.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 190/165/140

HI all...Hope everyone is doing well...

Kappy - Thank you so much about the supplements - I take Flax and several others everyday - that could explain a lot of things...except they want you to take them because they're good for body function. Do we stop or do we keep taking them? It's always something isn't it?

Well we're looking forward to the 45th annual Shrimp Festival that will be her this weekend in Fernandina Beach, Florida. I've been doing to that since I was a small child and they start on Friday night and go through Sunday afternoon. I'll be hanging with my friends who have a charter fishing boat docked at the main dock all they time, so we're going to have a cocktail party on Friday night with lots of food and drinks, and then we'll just hang out downtown looking at all the wonderful arts and crafts and entertainment provided for the rest of the weekend. My brother still lives there, so we're going to bunk with him for the weekend.

Wish me luck on sticking (somewhat) to my diet!!!!!
gtmerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #228  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

gt
Sounds like a wonderful time. Have fun, and kind of stick to your diet plan lol.

Slash
Glad to hear the scale lived lol.

lovn
Hope your daughter has a nice time. Oh go ahead, let her go with no hair. You know how that will go. Within a week all the girls with want to go with no hair lol. Are you going to eat the new addition?
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Diane, I would be a raving lunatic if my scale was broken.....which is really saying I am a raving lunatic.....but I lunatic quietly so nobody knows.....is that the same as raving?!?!?!

GT, enjoy the fun. Remember vodka has less calories than other booze and shrimp is real low cal as long as you avoid the fried kind...or just eat whatever, it is only one weekend!!!! Again, have a great time!

Rennie, actually we are not going to be eating either of these. We have a really sweet deal going with the farmer. The plan is for us to raise them until fall and then he will buy them back at market price. Which will be a tidy little profit for us, but he's looking at it as he would have lost 2 red angus that typically sell for $1500-$2000 a piece full grown. So, he's still way ahead also. They are really cute, but fiesty little guys. I had to force the bottle in the new one's mouth at both feedings yesterday. Actually, we had to pin him against a round bale and then force him to take the bottle. Apparently niether I or the bottle remotely reminded him of his mother. I'm hoping today he'll just come to the gate with the other one.

Well, I've a lot to do today, but none of it exciting. I took a really long walk through the fields yesterday. I found dug roads that lead to other fields I didn't even know existed. I got IT yesterday so my legs are swollen and not happy today. Making me quite pleased that I did lose my measly pound in April. I had completely changed my exercise program and was nervous. I've walked far less, but included a lot more yoga. I counted the slow bike rides I take with my children and things I normally wouldn't "count" because the heart rate doesn't get up there like with "real" exercise. Don't ask me to explain...these are long lived by rules that the crazy diet lady who lives in me goes by....slowly I am kicking her to the curb. This month I won. Yippee!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #230  
Diane

Lovn: You're on a roll today. Made me laugh even before I've had coffee. I know how difficult those baby calves can be. We have had some in the past that fought you even when you were trying to help them. But, they come around. And it looks like the scale will be ok. It didn't come up with a magical low number for me, so it must be back to normal.

GT: That sounds like a really good time! I'm a little jealous!! Have a great time and don't worry too much about weight loss and such.

Well, had a good time at the ice cream social last night. It was highly unorganized and not extremely beneficial in trying to learn about the school. I was about to get a little ticked off about the lack of organization but then decided I would just enjoy talking to some other parents that I haven't seen for awhile and just relax. I guess everything doesn't have to serve a purpose. Oh, and I guess it isn't wrong just because it isn't the way I would have done it. It never fails to just blow me away when I see how much these kids have changed. The boys, in particular, are growing so much and getting so darn tall! I also noticed that some of the boys that used to talk to me now avoid eye contact. I think it is a teenager thing. It could be because they'd now rather talk to my daughter (who is gorgeous, in my opinion!). Anyway, she had a good time with her friends, too.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #231  

Lovnmom - Thanks for the good advice - that just might fix everything (regarding the Vodka) and since I'm not a big fan of hard liquor it just might be the key! Thanks again.

Well I have weigh in tomorrow and I have to tell ya, I think I've hit a plateau. Although I hear plateau's are good for the body, they're not good for the mind. I've been losing about 2 - 3 pounds a week, but on Monday, I only lost .04 pounds - not even a half! I was so disappointed...but I've really worked out hard this week and I've followed my diet strictly. Hopefully I'll have a good loss tomorrow before I go out of town. I'd really love to reach that 20lb. mark soon!

Spoke to my son yesterday, he called. He's 22 and lives in Connecticut and I've not physically seen him in almost 2 years. He promises me all the time he will come home for holidays but for one reason or another something "comes up" at the last minute and he can't make it. I told him yesterday that if he doesn't come down this summer like he promises, I'm on the first flight to Connecticut to see him! I'll probably do that anyway....I miss him so much.

My dad passed away last year in February suddenly and I've been ok ever since except for lately. For the past couple of night's I've been dreaming of him and the dreams are all where he's about to die - and I find myself whaling in my sleep. My husband woke me early this morning and told me I was crying. What's up with this? I know I miss him, but I missed him from the very beginning and it wasn't like this. Will I ever get through the mourning process?
Just thougth someone may have some insight on this for me.

Well I'll let everyone rest for now - I look forward to hearing from you all soon. OBTY - American Idol was so borning last night I thought I was going to fall asleep...and what was Paula thinking? WOW!

Cheers!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

sorry I'm not exactly being very supportive these days. Finally found a description of the office during this wonderful period. It's a bit like being in Edgar Allen Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum. It's swinging lower and lower, we can feel the air moving over our heads, but as of yet it hasn't sunk low enough for contact. Yesterday they announced 3rd level job alignments, and the resulting "retirements" for those not placed. We have to wait until tomorrow for the rest of the announcements.

Needless to say my stress eating is through the flippin' roof, I know exactly what's going on but since I'm still in my "normal" zone I'm not going to add worrying about that to the list. I'm getting my cardio in, but not my weight training. It's all back burnered for now. May be kicking myself by Friday, but for now it's just not an issue.

Regarding the supplements and vitamins. I have very fine, very thin hair. The kind where nearly every barrette or hair pretty just slides off. Long story short one or more of the vitamin or supplements I'm taking is helping my hair out. Don't know which one, don't really care. It's getting thicker and by golly although you can still see the scalp at the top of my head it is getting better. Slow as molasses, but then I didn't notice the thinning until it was seriously advanced. It's good news and by golly these days it's something to celebrate!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #233  

gt, It must be very rough to have not seen your son is such a long time. I truly hope one of you can commit to visiting soon. I also hope you will have more pleasant dreams soon. It sounds like a good time weekend is just what you need. Let your hair down and have a grand ole time on the waterfront!!

Peace to you Kappy.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #234  
Rennie

kappy
I have noticed if I don't have enough fat in my diet my hair suffers. I have a lot of hair since I am a Blonde but it is very fine. Sure can't get hair clips to stay in it. My fat goes under 23% and I can tell just by the condition of my hair. Your job is secure isn't it? This isn't a worry you have to face is it?

gt
It could very well be you didn't let yourself grieve. I lost my father a few years ago. He was very ill and on the one hand I was glad he finally got to be with Jesus, he was in such pain. On the other hand it was hard for me and really hard for my kids. It took awhile for it to really start to bother me. I had to let myself feel bad he was gone instead of just being happy he wasn't in pain anymore. My kids complain because they haven't seen their half brother in about 10 years. He talks to them on the Internet and tells them all the time he is coming up but never does. He was suppose to come up this summer with his sister in July and now he tells them he doesn't think he can. Hard for them to understand even at their ages you can't just leave your job. For now it is the Internet and web cams.

Slash
Isn't it nice to see how kids change as they get older. One of my sons friends that hasn't been to the house in a 5 years came into town. I looked at the kid and wondered where the little boy I remembered had gone to. Oh things not being organized really drives me crazy. I really have to step back too and just enjoy seeing the people that are there.

lovn
Sounds like a sweet deal to me.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #235  

More rain on the way today. DD got the lawn mower stuck twice mowing in the front last night. The ground is so sacherated we really do not need more rain. Farmers have not been able to get in the fields at all our fall soccer season is even in jeopardy. The city snow removal dumped on the fields and they're all torn up, but yet can't get them smoothed and reseeded because they have standing water in them. One crazy year!
I have to work this morning and then this evening is all about dance recital again. Dress rehearsal starts at 4:15. I'm selling tickets from 4-6 tonight. Fun, Not! It's quite the busines, first we paid nearly $500 for the classes and now it's $9 a head to see our daughter dance. I hope it's all worth it. Oh I sound so whiney. TOM is really getting to me this month, but that too shall pass, right? Please say right.
Well, you all have a happy Thursday!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #236  
Diane

GT: Sorry to hear about the dreams. That has to be hard. I hope you can get past that soon. It is hard to relive the tough times when you want to remember all the good times.

Kappy: I am so hopeful that all of this stress will be over for you soon. It sometimes gets to where it is just debilitating. Hang in there.

Lovn: I always have that little whine, too. You pay how much to have them in whatever activity, but there is always something else that you need to pay for. Keep in mind that someday, TOM will go away forever. And, what if you miss it? Ha! Not!!!!

Rennie: I just think that if someone is going to have an event, they need to make it worthwhile. I don't mind social events, but even those need to have some organization!!

We have some rain/snow here this morning. We've had some beautiful weather this week (except for the wind), but a cold front is moving through today. Not thrilled!!! I guess we needed the rain, but could do without snow.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #237  

Good Morning everyone!

I worked out this morning even harder than I ever have. I did 20 minutes on the elypitcal and then hard weight training for 40 minutes, then went back to the elypitcal for another 10 minutes. I feel great....but I haven't lost anymore weight. But my clothes are loose, so I may just think about inches, not weight. Sometimes that helps me through.

Rennie - I think your absolutely right - I've just tried to be too strong. Sometimes I break down but everyone knows me as a very strong person. What they don't know is I'm a very weak person when it comes to personal matters. World matters, I can pretty much stand up for anything. I'm sure some of you can relate. I just can't stand feeling sad! I was sad for so long that I just don't except sadness as a part of my life anymore. I have everything I could ever want (great husband, house, family, job, etc.) so what is there to be sad about?

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I'm off this afternoon and headed that way. My husband is meeting me there tomorrow. So I guess I'll talk to you all next week!

Cheers!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #238  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Default GT - sorry to hear about your dreams

and your dad - hang in there sweetie. I too lost my dad suddenly a while back - this June 2nd will be 3 the 3 year mark. I still sometimes - altough less frequently have those dreams from time to time and am put right back into that gut wrenching feeling of complete and total loss.

I think sometimes when we lose someone - especially suddenly our bodies sort of meter out the grief because we couldn't deal with it all at once.

I believe and have talked to others and they feel too that when you lose someone slowly it sucks more for them and when suddenly more so for those left behind. That is - so far the only consolation i have found.

Take care sweetie and just let yourself go through it - do not think that something is wrong with you or that you shouldn't feel the way you do.

C.
sillycat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #239  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Happy May to all. Although here in Connecticut, it feels more like late March...33 degrees this morning, with frost. Aren't we getting closer to the sun?? Where is the warmth??

Anyway, I've now just about regained the entire 15 pounds I lost since my heart attack. Just 2 more pounds and I'll be back where I started, 194, and I am sorely tempted to just go nuts and purposely hit 200 pounds, just to see how bad I can feel about it. At this time last year I was in such a better place! Not trying to make excuses - the blame falls squarely on myself. At this point, I am trying to take things a few hours at a time and look for the smallest victories wherever I can.

Do you ever punish yourselves? Today I'm wearing pants that are tight and uncomfortable...as if I'm trying to remind myself how bad it feels to be this heavy.

Tonight's a business dinner at Paul Newman's restaurant in Westport. I was able to look at the menu online and luckily, it is not a heavy, rich type of cuisine. I find that I am much more controlled at these types of gatherings because I don't want to look like a pig in front of my colleagues. It should be fun and I welcome a break from the usual routine.

Anyway, are there any horse lovers out there? Is anyone following the Kentucky Derby?
LetsGoMets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #240  
Rennie

letsgo
I am sorry you have been having a hard time with your weight. Pounds that have been gained can be lost again. Get back on the plan that was working for you and you will start to feel better about yourself as you get more healthy and the weight comes off.

gt
Talk to most people that think they know me and they will tell you I am a very together person. I am the person everyone can count on and they can tell me anything and it will never go any further than my ears. They would never believe the bouts of blue days and anxiety disorders I have gone thru. Makes it even harder when you are the one that has to keep things together all the time doesn't it.

Slash
I totally agree. There are a few things I was doing that I have stopped doing. The disorganization was just to much for me to deal with after awhile. They were worthy projects but so much money was wasted and so much time was wasted because people were in charge that either had no idea what they were doing or did everything so slap dash that they made the events so much harder on all the people that were trying to do the actual work. I am a stickler for organization so sometimes I think I just expect to much from others.

lovn
I thought I was going to laugh. My daughter is in choir. They were having a big do at the school 9 dollars admittance. Do you know the kids IN the choir had to pay to get in too. I couldn't believe it lol. Hope things go great for the dance recital.