Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

High Intensity Interval Training ... it's out of the New Rules of Lifting for Women book. Instead of doing straight cardio, you cycle one minute of extremely high intensity work (sprinting or the like) with 2 mins of much lower intensity recovery time. It's supposed to be much better for weight loss than straight steady cardio.

Today was a really bad day - not food or exercise wise, but personally. A very special person in my life was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Survival rates for this kind of cancer are not good and median survival time from diagnosis is 6 months. The doctors haven't said anything about a time line, but much of what they've talked about is pallative and not curative. I've cried off and on all day today. I'm trying to stay positive for his sake and not cry around him and it's taking everything I've got. I'm just so lost tonight.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #197  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Photochick I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #198  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Photo
Sounds like the kind of thing they do in a few of my walking/aerobic videos. You do, I think, 3 min of fast walking and then 2 min of jogging ( I can't do the jogging it kills my knees ) if you can't do the jogging you walk even faster lol. I am so sorry about your friend. When those that are dear to us fall ill and the chance of recovery isn't good it seems like the floor just falls from under us. I will keep both of you in my prayers.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

gt, I'm a reader too. I can't say I have any favorite authors. I read everything from Christian fiction to Steven King. I'm like that with my music too, my mood rules!! Afterthought, I read a 2 diet bloggers, Pasta Queen and The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl, both women have books that are ready to order. I'm betting both will be really good.

Photo, I caught myself at the stress eating thing last week and kept on going. Not my finest moment. I knew exactly why I was eating the VERY LARGE cookie, that didn't really taste very good, but ate the entire thing anyway. Blah. Hang in there.My stress eating comments seem so silly now that I've turned the page. I'm so sorry for your pain. I pray you will be given the strength you need to see your friend through this. God bless.

Clyde, Glad you got a good night sleep AND were able to wear shorts you couldn't last year. Bravo for you!!

Rennie, I've just the opposite problem of you and Clyde. My boobs are the first to go!!! I'm still not a fan of spandex though.

Rainy and blah here today. I'm hoping there will be a break at some point so I can walk. My mom is 75 today. We've planned a nice dinner for her on Sunday. She thinks just my family is taking her to dinner when in fact all of us are going to be there. Even the great gandchildren can make it. DD has her picture taken for dance recital tonight so it's all about hair and makeup and glitz tonight. Fun, fun, fun. Ya think? I'd never make it as a stage mom.....sweats and t's for me!!

Have a great Thursday!!

Last edited by lovnmom; 04-24-2008 at 09:42 AM.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 190/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!

You know, the first thing to go on me is my boobs! I've lost one bra size already, not that I'm complaining...I don't like them HUGE! Anyway, I had a hard time getting up this morning...I get up at 5am and drive for one hour to go to the gym which is close to my work so I've just incorporated that into my schedule. But by Thursday, man..I'm dragging. But I got up and did it anyway, but didn't do the full workout I had intended. I did as much as I could though, which is better than nothing.

Headed to the farm tonight which is only about 15-20 minutes from my work, so it's actually closer to where I live. I don't mind that. We'll stay til Sunday. We're going to put in an irrigation system in the garden because it's starting to dry out already. There never seems to be enough rain during gardening season in south Georgia.

Photo - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I totally understand though. At least you have time to say and do everything you want to before the inevitable. I didn't get that chance with my Dad...which I yearn for every day.

AI - Carly is gone home...I have to admit - I couldn't stay away through the entire show and had to read it on the web this morning to see who went home. I was totally surprised that Brook or Jason didn't make it to the bottom two. I like Brook, but Jason I can do without. Who knows?

I hope everyone has a good day and stay positive! More weight to loose!

Cheers!
gtmerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #201  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Photo: Let me add my support to you, too. It is a tough thing to face. Keep coming here for support. We have your back!

Sorry I've been away for a couple of days. I've just been overwhelmed lately. Work has been insanely busy and then baseball and school projects have taken over at home. Why is it that the first thing to be sacrificed is the stuff we do for ourselves??? Oh well....

My son had his first baseball game of the season last night. Having seen his team at practice, I didn't have high hopes, but they played fairly well. They lost 5-4 to a team that had played earlier in the week and had a 10 run rule win over another team, so I am sure they are good. It was just a good game. We're playing on new fields this year that aren't quite done yet. Boy, was it dusty out there. They won't be planting grass this year until after the season is over. They actually barely got the fences up and the dirt leveled in time for our games. Construction! Fun stuff.

That's about it for now. I hope everyone is having a great week!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #202  
Rennie

I have gone from a 42 D to a 40c-38d. Kind of hard to judge because they are hand made for me. The last one I bought was a 40 d and it is to big now. I wish half of the rest I still have would go away lol. The lady that makes the bras for me said they have gone from really big to an overfull hand full lol. She said when she was making them for me before I put on all this weight they were a handful lol.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #203  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

Weigh in day I'm up half a pound.

Thought I might have lost this week as I've walked every day this week.

I volunteer on Thursdays and one of the girls is doing weight watchers. she came in today and decided to tuck her t-shirt into her jeans. She looked really good and said she had gained yesterday at her weigh in but decided she wanted to feel good about her weight loss so far so in went her t-shirt. I noticed her whole body language changed. She looked like a different person.

Diane my daughter's softball team is not doing so well this year. They still enjoy playing that's the main thing.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Bra sizes are the bane of my life. Right now I mostly wear a 38D ... mostly. Depending on the brand. I'd love to get back to a 36C or so, but that'll be a while. I hate bra shopping worse than bathing suit shopping!

Thanks for the good thoughts and support and prayers, guys. It's going to be a roller coaster ride over the next few months, I know. I'm just trying to make sure that whenever I fall apart, it's not around hm!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #205  
Rennie

Photo
I dream of being a 34 B again. The hubby dreams of me not losing anymore chest lol. He can dream on I sure hope.

Clyde
Sorry about your daughters softball team. Hope they are still having fun. I hate weigh in's. What if it is the day your weight is up? Weight fluctuates so much.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 04-24-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #206  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi all. Well, I have to side in with those that hate bra shopping. I am only in a B cup, but I really have trouble finding comfortable bras. The thing that drives me crazy is when the sides cut in or fold over. I don't know what would work to stop that from happening. I think that it has to do with my weight, because the fat wants to be free on the sides, so it escapes over the top. Swell.

We have our 2nd baseball game tonight. I heard it is supposed to be windy again. So, I'm afraid we'll be in the dust bowl. We'll see how they do tonight! I'm with all of you, though. I'm glad they are having fun!

Glad it is Friday!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 190/165/140

Good morning all! Yesterday was uneventful except I totally blew my diet. But the good thing is when I do, I'm right back on track the next day. You see, I had a remote yesterday, that's when we go on location to a business and broadcast live from there...and I'm the one who always has to provide the free food and drinks. In order to do that, I have to do trade with local restaurants to give us food at no cost and to make sure I have enough so that everyone gets something. So yesterday was the dreaded Papa John's Pizza day. I have two small square of pepperoni pizza and for lunch I decided to go to Wendy's and have a side salad and a small chili. But I didn't eat the saltines that came along with it. By the time I got home last night...I was feeling like I could eat the refrigerator! Bad mistake....but I'm back on track today. Why does this happen that the will power just takes a break every now and then? Especially when I've been so good. Oh well....and to top it off, my husband did the grocery shopping last night and had chicken breast, mixed grilled veggies and all the good stuff I'm supposed to eat waiting and ready to be cooked. He was so proud of himself. I had to break the news to him that I had blown it and I couldn't have anything for dinner. Being the wonderful man that he is, he just said "Okay...I'll fix it for you tomorrow night". What a trooper that man of mine is!

Speaking of my husband...he always tells everyone that I've lost weight and I'm on a diet and I'm looking good. It kind of bothers me because I don't tell anyone. I just wait and see if anyone notices because once that starts, I'll know I really do look a little thinner. But no...he has to tell everyone (and I know it's because he's so proud of me) but then when they do see me they probably feel compelled to say how good I look and that I look like I've lost weight....ok.....enough rambling about that.

Putting in that irrigation system this weekend with my hubby at the farm...Maybe I'll add to that farmer's tan I'm so proud to show off. I'll probably wear a tank top this weekend to get the lines off my arms.

Everyone have a great weekend....stick to those diets!

Cheers!
gtmerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:13 AM   #208  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Hi everyone! I've been meaning to post all week, but it has been NUTS here at work - in a good way, to be sure, but crazy.

Well, I was supposed to have my semi-annual cardiologist appointment today...the one whereby I was supposed to be 20 pounds lighter than I am now. All week I'd been dreading it. My doctor is the head of cardiology at our hospital, he's a big deal in the community and while I'm not scared of him or anything, I knew how disappointed he'd be. I felt as if I'd completely let us both down.

However...I've dodged a bullet because the appointment got cancelled this morning! Hah! Seems that when I had blood drawn last week the lab didn't take enough and thus couldn't run the tests my doctor had ordered! I am now scheduled to go in on June 6th - my birthday. I know I won't be 20 pounds lighter by then, but if I can at least get back to where I was the last time I had an appointment, I'll be thrilled!

Everyone is cracking me up with all this bra talk. In 1993, I had breast reduction surgery. I can't remember my specific size but it was definitely an E cup. After the surgery, I was around 36-38C. Currently I'm a 40D, much to my dismay, but I know that as I lose weight, my bra size will change as well, and that's fine. I'm a lot older than I was when I had the surgery so I don't expect to ever be that small again but it would be nice to be back to a C cup.
LetsGoMets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #209  
Rennie

letsgo
Well at least you got a bit of a reprieve for the docs appointment. Oh my gosh have blood taken again because they didn't take enough. You should come to the woman I go to. I swear she keeps a drack in the back room. The woman could drain you dry and you wouldn't even know it. I keep telling her I need to keep some of that blood lol. With heart problems it is real important to keep the weight down. I am sure he will say something about it but at least you are trying and that is going to help I am sure.

gt
Things can happen that we eat off plan. Don't let that get you down. You are back on track which shows you are in control. I don't think the saltines would have hurt you lol. Your hubby is proud of you and telling people is one of the ways he is showing that. Sometimes we just have to live with them just as they are lol. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Make sure you put that sun screen on. We don't want burnt skin.

Slash
I have never found that many store bought bras that fit well. Pretty bras are nice but they don't seem to have any support at all. I personally need armor to support these puppies. I am sure glad I still have someone to make mine. Hope you have a beautiful day for the game and the wind isn't to bad. Dust bowls are no fun.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #210  
SeaWave

Photo - just Been there too many times to count. Remember we're here to listen whenever you need it.

re: bras. For me, it's not bra shopping, it's shopping for body armour. I don't think the alphabet goes as high as my cup size

My week has been filled with trips to the hospital for blood work - I don't have good veins, and they have to use the butterfly tubes to take it (5 tubes this morning!). I had my full body scan today. But they had problems with the scan and all the blood work hadn't arrived so I'm not getting results until Monday. I'm just trying to not worry about it all week-end, as normally I would have had results and spoken to the Doc right away

So not starting the SBD until later on.

Aside from that, been enjoying the good weather - had a bit of a walk today, and it felt great. The daffodils and crocuses are blooming, birds twitting about, I love it!