Old 04-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 190/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. My was a long but enjoyable one. Spring has sprung here in SE Georgia and I must say it's my favorite time of year. Things are blooming and blossoming everywhere and to my shagrin, POLLEN! It's everywhere! You can't even wash your car without it being "yellow" by the end of the day. Just have to grin and bear it, and bring plenty of Kleenex.

I have my weigh in yesterday and I've lost a total of 15.9 pounds, 35 more to go. I'm pleased, but want to get to the halfway mark so I can really be excited. I have my waist (somewhat) back and I feel better than ever. I can't remember who asked, but whoever did, I'm doing MRC (Metabollic Research Centers) and working out with 20 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the elyptical, and 20 minutes of arms, buttocks, and leg weights. Just trying to build that muscle back. I do this before work on Tues, Weds and Fridays. Anything more than that is just too tiring for me by the end of the week.

Last weekend was uneventful (thankfully!) and it was overall relaxing. It's the first weekend in a long time that I didn't have to go in to work at least for a couple of hours on Saturday, so I welcomed the time to relax. I slept a lot and feel much better today. Not so tired. Kewl!

Does anyone watch American Idol? Who do you guys like or who's do you think will win it all? I have to admit, I'm hooked on it and have been watching it since the first one aired. My husband can't stand it but bless his heart, he watches it with everyweek and critics just as bad as I do.

I hope everyone has a great week and I'll look forward to talking to you tomorrow! Until then....keep your chins up and your eye to the sky!
gtmerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

hey all. Haven't been able to get in for awhile, I don't know what the hitch is. Been reading the posts, and have to say the kids I help with are my younger brother's not my sisters. Long story.

We now know how many employees will be leaving the company, we just don't know yet how many volunteered, how many of them will be accepted, and how many more will get pink slips. We have another week while the powers that be try to figure that out. Meanwhile I went to the gym yesterday and my resting heart rate was where it's supposed to be after 15 minutes of exercise. I think it's getting to me just a tad!

I have a conference call in a half hour, they want to know how I plan on making sure my job is done, people are covered, we stay in compliance, yada yada yada. As soon as somebody, ANYBODY, tells me what the heck my span of control is and who on earth I'm reporting on I'd be glad to answer that question. Yahoos. I can hear them now in November, "we had this conversation back in April, why didn't you jump on it then?!" Because nobody made up their minds about span of control until June perhaps?

Going off topic -- went to Sweet Tomatoes last night for dinner. Basically a soup and salad buffet kind of place. Watched 6 teenagers walk in past the cash registers, grab food and start eating. Then they got loud and obnoxious when they were kicked out for not paying. Had the police been called to throw them out I'm pretty sure the parent's would have backed the kids and filed a suit against the food place. They definitely had brass.

had a fire drill at work this morning. Everybody pouring out of the stupid building. Guy driving in. Probably one of those that doesn't arrive until 9:30-10 but stays until all hours of the evening. One of the building volunteers stuck her bullhorn up against his window and yelled "FIRE DRILL! You aren't supposed to be in your car! I will report you if you do this again!" Brain dead idiot didn't realize he hadn't come out of the building, he had no blessed idea what the heck was going on. He wasn't trying to leave he was trying to come in.

I drive a small SUV, Mom drives a minivan. Purposely purchased because minvans were too big, a truck would have had to have a double cab which would have been complete overkill, and with Mom and Dad's health issues they can get in and out of tall vehicles easier than regular cars. I'm getting nasty notes about my gas guzzling, environmental disaster vehicle yet I get better gas mileage than the stupid minivan which isn't targeted or harassed. What the junk?!

I am in serious need of a Rainbow optimistic power boost because right now I'm not finding a whole lot to be positive about!

Last edited by kappy; 04-22-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: misspelled a word
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #183  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Lovn I went and bought some walnuts and the tea. Couldn't find the 'extra' one. I got the sleepytime one. I will give that a try tonight.

I may have to resort to earplugs with regard to hubs snoring. I swear it's got worse the past 6 months. Normally I could nudge him and he'd turn on his side but that doesn't work now.

GT I'm a big American Idol fan. My fav now is David Cook. I did like Michael Johns. I reckon it will be the 2 David's in the finale.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #184  

Clyde - I'm so glad you watch! Now we chat about it after it airs to see who did what and why. My favorite is David Cook also, and I did like Michael Johns also. David Archuletta seems to do the same thing (ballads) every week and I must say is becoming boring...but the little girls love him and he is very talented. I just like when they change it up a bit and surprise everyone and are still exceptionally good!

I think I will try the tea too! Sounds like it would help us sleep better!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #185  
One pound at a time.

Kappy I hope everything works out OK at work

Who is sending you nasty notes about your SUV? That's just immature.

Haven't seen Rainbow in a while I'm sure she's lurking somewhere

Gt they are singing the songs of Andrew Lloyd Webber tonight. I wonder what David Cook will do? He's never afraid to take a chance.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

LetsGo, I have the same problem with my two cats. We have 3 cats, but luckily 1 has no desire to sleep with the hubby and me. Since I moved my bed my chubby dog can no longer sleep with us. She needs a good running start to jump that high lol

Photo, I know more exercise helps me sleep better too. It's usually a double wammy....I'm too busy to exercise AND what's making me too busy is also stressful so sleep is not an option. Yet, men seem to sleep through everything!!

SeaWave, I live smack in the middle of two crane foundations. One in Baraboo, WI the other in Necedah. This time of year you can't go anywhere w/o seeing sandhill cranes. Sometimes we see types we can't even identify. Both places have done a terrific job and are very interesting to visit.

GT, Hee hee keep our chins (plural) up!

Clyde, Hope you get some good sleep.

Last edited by lovnmom; 04-22-2008 at 05:11 PM.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #187  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

kappy
I have to wonder if that isn't what is wrong with a lot of kids. You have the one group who's parents are afraid to do anything with them because so many parents don't want to take care of their kids so laws have been passed do they don't have to. This makes it real hard for those parents that do want to make their kids live good lives make them do what they are told. You have the other group who's parents stand up for them no matter how wrong they are. There is so much to be positive about. We have a whole group of kids in this world that care about the environment, they care about other people, they care about the direction the world is taking. We have people out there that help each other, they volunteer to do jobs that get no pay, no praise and yet have to be done. We have the proof of God's love each day we see a flower grow or a squirrel run across the yard. It is easy to get down with so much going wrong in the world. Sometimes we just have to take the time to find all the good things that are happening all around us.

gt
I love this time of the year. Things are staring to come alive. I get to watch the squirrels and chip munks acting up in the yard. I don't like the golden rod the neighbors planted along their fence because it keeps me out of the back yard unless I am doing yard work because I am so allergic even the shots don't keep my eyes from swelling closed but that is life.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #188  
One pound at a time.

Lovn I just had a few walnuts and am drinking my tea as I type

I will report back in the morning as to how I sleep.

Gt what did you think of AI tonight?

I enjoyed Syesha, David Cook and Carly. There was an eerie silence when Paula was talking to Brooke. I felt bad for her.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Tonight I started Hight Intensity Intervals (HIIT) .... whoa! I love them. Ok, I know that sounds weird, but I really do. I did 24 mins on the elliptical w/out even realizing I"d done that much. Then the next step in the NROLW workout and I feel great.

I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I"ll just do regular low intensity cardio and then another lifting/HIIT day.

I think I'm finally back on track.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #190  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Default Was a total pig last night - ugh...

What's wrong with me that I'm finally over 1/2 way there and now i'm cheating myself???

Resolved - I will come here and write before i snack.
sillycat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Photo, glad you're back.

sillycat, hang on. This is a speed bump you can get past.

Mmmmm, I grilled Wisconsin's favorite, brats, for supper last night. I had to eat carefully all day to have night time calories for them, but they were worth it. Then me and my two youngest went for a bike ride. I just love spring. It was rainy and yuck yesterday morning, but ended up sunny and in the low 70's. This morning the sun is shining bright and they're promising 70's again. Our calf is hopping around like the spring calf he is. I'm so glad he's going to make it.

Diane, I'm missing you!!

Clyde, Hope it helped

Last edited by lovnmom; 04-23-2008 at 09:14 AM.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #192  

Good Morning all! Hope everyone had a peaceful, restful night. I slept like a rock. I think getting up at 5:00 am has something to do with it! I was out like a light after AI was over. Speaking of that....

Clyde - I'd have to say Sayesha was my favorite tonight. She really did a good job, while the others seemed to struggle a bit. I can't figure out what Simon or why Simon has it in for Carly so bad. I think she did a great job last night and was so natural. I know he gave her positive thoughts, but I think that was the first time in a long time. Does he not like her personality, tatoos? or what? Anyway....David Cook is still my favorite and like yourself, I felt bad for Brooke. She seems so fragile anyway, anything you say to her I feel she has to weep about it. I think she's going home this week.

I have gotten into reading books again and that seems to help me sleep at night also, except when I find a book I'm really into, it engulfs me a point to where I can't put it down. I just finished reading "Losing It, One Pound at a Time" by Valerie Bertinelli. It was really good and inspiring as to what she went through with her marriage to Eddy Van Halen. I can somewhat relate to that because I've been through similar times with my ex husband too. Anyone that wants to read a good book, it's really easy to read and very entertaining. I highly recommend it.

Well girls, I have to get to work...Everyone have a good day!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

I'm sore this morning! Yay. Whoda thunk that I'd ever be happy to be sore from working out. Hah!

Lots of other stuff going on and I'm feeling stressed at the moment. Gotta remember to eat and eat healthy, rather than not eating until I'm starving and then just putting whatever in my mouth.

*sigh*

Why can't life just be easy???

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #194  
One pound at a time.

Afternoon girls.

It's hot out there. Just got finished a 45 minute walk. 81 degrees right now and I'm hot.

I had a pretty good sleep last night. Slept in my bed , didn't have to get up and only woke up once. That's pretty good for me. So I shall continue with the sleepy time tea.

Gt I don't know why Simon is so hard on Carly, maybe he has a soft spot for her and always wants her to do better. I think it will be Jason and Brooke bottom 2 tonight.

I went shopping this morning. I needed to get some new t-shirts. Went to Target which I love. I was getting so frustrated. I tried on 14 tops and bought one. I hate spandex. It seemed everyrthing I tried on had spandex in it. I am very well endowed in the boob area and everything I tried on all I could see was boobs!! It always takes forever for me to lose weight from there. Anyone have any hints.

So I got a t-shirt, sunglasses and some sandals.

Then I came home and dug out my shorts that I could not get on last year and they fit so that was a nice surprise.

Need to go my house is a tip.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #195  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Clyde
Nice going on the walking. Yes, it is in the 80's here too. I actual broke a sweat doing my Resistance training today and I never do that. I hate spandex too for the same reason. No one sees me just the chest coming lol. I thought I was the only one with that problem lol, I have lost the least in my chest. Wish the darn thing would start going away. I love the sleepy time tea, really helps me rest.

Photo
That is the big question lol but think of the alternative to life lol. Yes, that is one big thing we all have to do. Not only eat healthy but remember to eat several times a day. We do not want the tummy to think the throat has been slit lol. What are these high intensity things you are doing?

gt
I have gotten into that habit again too. I happen to like Joan Hess ( Claire Mallov Mysterys ) series. Now it is just making myself put the book down lol.

Lovn
See, that is what planning does for us. We don't do without a thing, we plan so we can have those things we want. Nice going.

Silly
Oh my gosh, that half way mark is a curse lol. I found I was doing the same thing. Not big time but a bite of this or a bite of that. I had to straighten myself back up and get back on track.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote