3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   A very challenging week (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/125639-very-challenging-week.html)

smilely771 10-24-2007 10:22 AM

A very challenging week

Good morning everyone,:)
I have 3 challenging events that I'm worried about this week, 1: is in an hour, a Harvest pot luck at a staff meeting 2: A staff get together tomorrow night for dinner (a restaurant not familiar with) and 3: my DD's wedding on Sat. :eating2:
I don't handle these things well ussually :(
Also there is a lot of stress :stress:(DD's wedding) long story.

I'm hoping by posting this that it will give me incentive,that way I can think of coming back and reporting on how well I did.
maybe that sounds :crazy: but hoping it works.:lol:
Have a great day all :hug:

katmeow 10-24-2007 10:45 AM

ohhhhhhh pot lucks. Those are tough. Maybe try eating smaller portions, taking a veggie platter, and TALK ALOT. When talking you don't eat as much!!! In really bad situations like that my diet coach tells me to eat a small portion of ONE thing that really looks WORTH it. Wait 10 minutes. Then choose one more thing that looks REALLY worth it... You get the picture.

The restaurant is somewhat easy. Broiled fish. Or chicken sandwich sans mayo. Salad with dressing on the side.

The wedding with stress is another toughy. Usually the buffet cocktail hours have steamed seafood or chicken of some sort. Maybe try the same approach as the pot luck. If you drink, alternate an alcoholic bev with water every time.

I feel your pain! Let us know how things go!

CABunnyGirl 10-24-2007 10:57 AM

Remember - Worry is praying for what you DON'T want... So don't worry! Pray for strength and the wisdom to control the food - don't let the food control you.

Take care of YOURSELF - Truth is, your DD will get married whether you're going back for seconds at the desert table or not. So enjoy the party, sans food and smile a lot!

At the Staff meeting, pick the foods you want to eat the MOST and eat only a little bit of each selection. Don't load your plate with what you think is healthy for you or that you should eat and then pick at it or push it around - this will lead to a binge later... Give yourself permission to eat a little of what you truly want and then be proud of yourself when you push it away.

I cannot stand pot-lucks (or buffets) and never eat much at them; mainly because I imagine the people preparing the food were probably standing in their kitchen in their underwear with an itch, and maybe petting their dog too...

At the unfamiliar restaurant... Check to see if they have a web-site where they list a menu, or call or go by to ask to see a menu in advance if pre-selecting your meal will help. Otherwise, zero in on the salad selections BEFORE scanning the rest of the menu and remember to get dressing on the side so you can dip your fork into the dressing before loading it up with greens.

Above all - Remember to take care of YOURSELF the way you take care of everyone in your life. The rest will follow from there...

Don't also forget the value of a good multi-vitamin. I began taking GNC's Women's Ultra Mega Active a month ago and am amazed daily by the energy I have and how it stabilizes my blood sugar all day (it is timed release...)

Google this vitamin and flax seed oil to see if they might also be right for you. Flax seed oil helps keep my nails shooting out of my finger tips, my hair stay thick and shiny and does a whole bunch of other things I cannot notice but I know is going on inside of me.

Be well,

Janet

Clydegirl 10-24-2007 03:39 PM

Smiley how did you get on at the pot-luck?

You need to report back now :)

Hope all goes well at the wedding. A lot of stress for the mother of the bride. Enjoy the day :cheers:

smilely771 10-24-2007 09:02 PM

Well it didn't go well Clydegirl, someone hit me over the head with a :frypan: please. I would have been ok ,but those darn sweets...there were so many and believe me I still would have been ok, until I seen the carmel toffee squares, I was only going to have one.:o and ended up having 3 by the time I left. I'm so :mad: at myself. My whole day has been a downer since, I broke down and cried after supper, just so frustrating. I don't even know why I ate them.
Some good news though I found the recipe in company's coming after my good cry and I figured out all the ingredients flour,sugar,butter ect. and I calculated the ww points, I figure they were about 5 pts. each so that's 15 off my weekly bonus 35 pts.
I will do better tomorrow at least at a restaurant I have more control,by ordering the right choices.
Thanks everyone for the support,:hug: sorry I didn't succeed this time.
Tomorrow is another day :carrot:

Clydegirl 10-24-2007 09:25 PM

Lynn you said it yourself you have a very challenging week ahead.

The sweets would be my downfall as well.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You can make better choices tomorrow :hug:

smilely771 10-24-2007 09:35 PM

Thanks, clydegirl :hug:
I do feel better after I had that cry. I guess everyone here understands what it's like that's why we are here after all. I think what's at the bottom of how I felt to day is that in the past I have always done things like that and then would forget the diet. I have to keep telling myself this is not a diet,it's a healthier lifestyle. I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired.
I will choose better tomorrow.:broc:

smilely771 10-28-2007 08:46 PM

up-date on my challenging week.....

I made it through the week....I didn't do as well as I could have ,but I"m pleased with how things went...could have been a lot worse, I made lots healthy choices, and only a few unhealthy ones. Thank goodness it's all over.