Old 10-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Yesterday was the big night out with Tony and his new girlfriend, Sheila. I planned for it. Did Aerobics and walked almost 3 miles for points. I used all of those points and dipped into my flex points.

It occurred to me this morning the reason I didn't stop drinking wine after dinner and switch to water is because I didn't want to tell them I'm trying to lose weight. I need to get over that.

I'm hoping I don't gain weight before Halloween!!

We are taking the kids to the corn maze today. Hope everybody has a great OP weekend!!
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #62  
empty nester

Height: 5'6"

Default Lovely day with the hubby . . .

My husband was home for the weekend. We went clothes shopping for my grandson. I had a blast! Just wish he were closer so I can try all his new outfits on him!

Clyde-I love going through my clothes and getting rid of stuff. I hang on to thngs forever! So when I finally do let go it's because it's ready for the grave. I also have a variety of sizes in my closet. From 12-18. I always shop there first when I lose weight. Which hasn't happened lately.

TFC-I recently purchased a universal gym. I really enjoy using the weights. I am just trying to fit it into my schedule. How are you liking your dumbells?

GG-you are really planning ahead. I wish I had your motivation. I was out and about all day and ate poorly. I know I will pay for it. I wonder when my willpower will come back???
The gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #63  

Hey!!

Despite my planning I still gained a pound.

I stayed within my points but my choices weren't the "best." If you know what I mean. Last night we had dinner very late, too. We didn't finish eating until 8:30 pm. I HATE eating that late.

I guess I've resigned myself to the fact that I will probably not make my Halloween goal but I'm going to see how close I can come.

Hope everybody is well!!

Gramma, I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend!! It's Monday . . . the perfect day to begin again. :-)
Old 10-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 240/193/135

Height: 5'4"

Smile

gramma
I love my dumbbells! I also went out a few days ago and bought an eliptical trainer!!!! I've been using it for about 20 minutes everyday and I really enjoy it but it's the toughest workout I've ever had! I was thinking about a universal, I've wanted one of those since I was in high school (about 30 years ago). If and when I ever have the room I'll definitely buy one of those too. Anyway I've got 3 weeks to workout on my eliptical before my next official weigh in at the doctors office and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of difference it makes.

gg
How about a White Wine Spritzer? It's low cal & low carb! It's just a shot of white wine, fill the glass with club soda & add a squeeze of lime in a tall glass with ice. Just make sure you specify Club Soda to the bartender / cocktail waitress as I've found that some will try to give you 7up.

clyde
Congrats on the half pound, all those halves add up! I really should go through everything and start throwing / giving things away too, but I'm afraid to yet. I have clothes ranging from size 12 to 18 (I'm in the 16's now). It's funny though, I've noticed that I have less in the larger sizes than in the smaller sizes, I guess I just kind of lost interest in buying anything as I was gaining weight because it's so hard to find anything I like.

Last edited by Time for a change; 10-29-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo
Time for a change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #65  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Not a good weekend for me
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #66  

Hey!!

TFC: Thanks for the spritzer advice. I posted the question on my blog and one lady suggested I make a terrible face and say it "just isn't agreeing with me." I like that. That's something I would do naturally.

Clyde: I understand. I had a bad weekend, too, and then had a huge carb binge yesterday.

Ladies . . . I consumed 43 points yesterday!! I'm so ashamed!! Oh well, I'm picking myself up and beginning again. I don't care how long this takes.

Gramma . . . you doing okay??
Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 AM   #67  
empty nester

Unhappy Up, up and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of onederland.

Did you hear me scream??
You might want to look away.
The aftermath of my last week might be too much to look at.
(the ticker doesn't show above 199, but it does note the gain below it)

I feel like I have let all of you down. I invited you here and just up and left you. Turned around and went right back. I am so sorry.
It is something in my head I can't seem to get a grip on.

I am going to be positive about the upcoming week.
This is not mount Everest. I am stronger than this. I have done it before. It is not impossible. I deserve it. We ALL deserve it.
I will keep trying until I get there. I will do it.

How much do tears weigh?

Last edited by The gramma; 10-31-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #68  

Smile

gramma,
Stop beating yourself up, we all hit those little bumps in the road on occassion, it's normal. You will get back on track in no time. What kind of diet are you following? What's a typical day for you? Maybe we can help you change things up a little. What about excercise? We're here for you! How can we help?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #69  

Gramma, I have been in your shoes. I'm so sorry. I want you to see how my month went cuz you are NOT alone!!

10/1 - Recommitted to weight loss . . . 199.2 lbs.
10/4 - Met Gramma and started our Onederland challenge
10/8 - Going the wrong direction. 200.0 lbs. (EEEEEEEK!!!)
10/10 - Out of control. 201.4!! (PANIC!!!!!)
10/13 - 198.8

Things started getting better after that, but I've still been all over the place. It's okay. You took a few weeks off for whatever reason. If this were easy there'd be no overweight people.

It's been scary for me to admit WHY I overeat and use alcohol to make myself feel better. I've used food to swallow my feelings for a very long time and giving it up isn't easy. Permanent change is never easy and we all need to take it one step at a time.

I need to get to an appointment, but I'll be back later.

Today is a BRAND NEW DAY!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:29 PM   #70  
empty nester

TFC-Thank you for your kind words. I think you have hit on my problem. (one of them anyway) I have not commited to a program. Yeah, I know what the gurus say-It's a lifestyle change. Blah, blah, blah. I know that. But I need a focus for now. So I need a plan for now. One I can commit to. Cause I have been abusing them all. I use which ever one fits what I am eating for the day-cop out-denial, doesn't work. I MUST commit.

GG-Thank you for showing the good, bad and ugly. It really did give me hope that in less than two weeks I can turn this mess around! I know that I have used my weight to hide from things, behaviors, people. The "other" side must surely out-weigh (pardon the pun) the fears. The thin side. Feeling light and free side. Relaxed side. I so long to see that side. The only time I was ever on that side-was not good. Maybe that is what is holding me back.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 PM   #71  

Default Gramma and all others that are a little down

this is for you!

http://www.superlaugh.com/1/behappy.htm
Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #72  
empty nester

Default I had to laugh.

And it felt good-thanks TFC
Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #73  

Gramma - I think you're on to something.

Quote:
The only time I was ever on that side-was not good.
Whatever the specifics were I'm sure you're better able to handle it NOW. You're older and wiser and more experienced. That's what I keep telling myself. I'm stronger inside than whatever is scaring me.

Last night I ate a 2nd helping of dinner . . . roasted chicken and mashed potatoes. I haven't had a 2nd helping in a very long time. I kept thinking about why I didn't make a salad or some other green veggie so I wouldn't WANT a 2nd helping. Well . . . I have to go to a party with some "friends" on Friday night. I am uncomfortable that they will notice I'm smaller and not going to drink the way I used to. I bet THAT'S really why I had a 2nd helping. I was letting my fear of a future event affect my behavior and weight loss now.

Who cares if they notice?? So what. Am I going to allow those skinny minnies to keep me from reaching my full potential?? NO WAY!!! I don't think I'll admit to them I'm trying to lose weight because I truly feel it's none of their business, but I'm going to hold my head up high. I don't even care if Susan gives me one of her snide looks. I'm prepared for it. I'm stronger inside than one of her nasty looks.

I'm stronger inside than any sexually based comment some ignorant, testosterone driven man throws my way, too. (Which is something in the past that freaked me out.)

Back off world!! Here I come!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #74  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Well I'm up 2.5lbs. No surprise this week.

I think you guys will be waiting a long time to meet me in wonderland.

Gramma tears weigh a lot that's why it's good to let them go. Hope you're feeling better today. We all have those bumps in the road, you did not let anyone down.

Mindy you go girl. You sound like a very strong person.

TFAC sounds like you are doing well on the exercise.

Mugsy how are you?
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #75  

Smile Good morning everyone!

gg:
I like your attitude, who cares what they think! So hold your head high & just keep working at it. You don't owe anyone any explanations!!!

gramma:
I'm glad I could make you smile. Now let us try and help you. Have you started tracking your food intake? If not go to http://www.fitday.com & set up an account (it's free). It'll give you a good idea of where you need to make changes. Also go to http://www.mayoclinic.com and use their BMI calculator to see how many calories you should be eating to maintain your current weight, subtract 500 calories from that number and you'll lose 1 lb. a week. I'm sure you already know this, this is just a friendly reminder. When choosing a diet plan keep in mind that you are "not on a diet" you are creating a new healthy lifestyle for yourself, so make sure it's something you can live with. There is another great site that I'd love to tell you about but
3fc blocks it, so if you'd like to know just send me a private message with your e-mail address & I'll e-mail the link to you. I actually prefer it to fitday.

clyde:
You can't bail out on us! Those ups and downs are normal!

To All:
I love my eliptical but it made me realize just how old I'm getting & how out of shape I am! The strength training & the good old fashioned calesthenics are no big deal. But that cardio really kicks my big ole' butt!