Old 07-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 202/see tracker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Okay, Cammie - I'm with you!

Cammie - When do you go away?

I just took a walk and thought about what I am going to do during the next five days. So here's my plan so far:

1. Don't beat myself up. A bad meal is not the day of the plan.
2. Always order a salad with dressing on the side to start.
3. No bread before dinner.
4. Don't beat myself up.
5. Order marinara sauce at the Italian restaurant and try and order 1/2 portion.
6. Ask myself, what would Cammie do?
7. Split dessert 4 ways and have a bite of creme brulee.
8. Don't beat myself up.
9. Order coffee with milk right after the entree to remove the yummy taste.
10. Move, move, move! Offer to get things for everyone. Run up and down stairs, get the mail.
11. SMILE!!!!!!

Any other suggestions to survive the relatives invasion?
hopingtobehopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #62  

Default Hooray!

I made it through Thursday, with company, on plan! Down a pound this morning! Life is good!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Wooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay Hoping!
You're doing excellent! And that's just more motivation to keep yourself "within bounds."
I'm excited too.
According to the scale this am, I'm down to 234...
I'm just so excited.
(My knees hurt like heck and I still have to finish my journal from last night to see how the cals/carbs came out.)
But man...I'm totally motivated to get out there and work out tonight and this weekend!
I'm actually excited again. (THAT is increadible.)
Keep taking care of yourself so well, Hoping. You're doing FANTASTIC!
Cammie
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #64  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

good job everyone...I am STILL ON PLAN!!
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #65  

Default Off for the Weekend!

Okay ladies,

I'm off for the weekend! I went on-line and got the menu from the restaurant we are going to tonight and figured out what to eat and stay on plan. Hoping that Saturday and Sunday are not too outrageous. At least I know I'll be moving a lot because I've planned all sorts of walking things with my company.

Cammie - Isn't it amazing to be excited about something like this? I'm psyched too!

Laura - Hooray for being on plan-day 2!

Good luck to everyone! I'm with you in spirit!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #66  
returning to myself

YAY US!!!!

we are AWESOME!!!!

I am almost to my first 10 pound mark ...ONE MORE POUND TO GO!!!!

WOOHOO!!!

thanks you guys.....you help me everyday!!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #67  

Default Yikes!

Go Laura! Go Laura!

I'm a pound away from 10 too. At least I was on Satuday morning. Things went downhill from there. Although I walked Saturday AM and had a beautiful salad for lunch at the lovely restaurant, I also had bread with BUTTER and a dessert. Dinner was a bowl of ice cream !

Sunday - confession time - English muffin and fruit for breakfat (not bad), lobster roll dripping in BUTTER for lunch with loads of GREASY onion rings, hot fudge sundae for dinner!

Today, however I'm back on track and hopefully will be back to last week's weight in a couple of days. I didn't even bother with the scale this morning.

In self-defense, I had my mother, and my 2 aunts with me all weekend and they are VERY difficult! I love them but, enough!

Hope you all have a great, on-plan day!

Love, Hope
Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #68  

Default Monday's Check-in

Hi Ladies! GREAT Challenge work!

Laura - FANTASTIC!! Keep inspiring me!
Hoping - You did better than me this weekend and I didn't have the stress of relatives. You're almost to 10lbs! Wow.

I have to admit, it was a tough weekend for me. First, I didn't weigh myself at my normal time on Saturday am...instead, I weighed late and allowed myself to get discouraged by the number on the scale. Then, I was a slug. I mean seriously, I did very little besides watch my daughter and TV, cook, and go to church. (Then after church we went grocery shopping and I succumbed to donuts. ARRRRHHH! I started going to church Saturday evening so that I wouldn't be tempted by donuts and coffee afterwards!) I certainly didn't exercise! I blamed it on being tired. (There is at least some truth in that. I had difficulty keeping my eyes open at work on Friday and we didn't go to be early on Friday night despite my efforts.) Sunday, not much better exercise-wise. I did go for a walk while my daughter rode her tricycle (obviously not speed walking). My nutrition was fine Sunday with the exception of eating like, half a water melon (not in one sitting, just throughout the day).
I have relized that the scale number thing is significantly impacted by my water and salt intake. (Last week was kind salty.) And I didn't make things better by drinking only 1 qt water on Sat and 2 qt water on Sunday.
The other thing I realized this morning, is, the number on the scale SHOULD NOT impact how I feel about myself or about my plans/need to exercise and eat right. Exercising and eating right are what I need to do to be "nice" to me rather. Sitting around feeling defeated...that's not helpful to improve the situation, nor is it something "nice" for me (think opposite of a present).
This weekend also got me thinking about another subject though. How do I tell the difference between being tired and "taking a break" and being lazy?
I found myself "going there" in my mind, attempting to mentally beat myself up for being lazy. The reality is July 5th was my last "non exercise" day before Saturday July 14th. So, was it horrible? Does that make me lazy?
I shoulda/coulda cleaned house, done laundry, etc, but I rested. Does that make me lazy. (No, I don't have mountains of laundry, just one load of darks and one of lights...but the house could really use a vacuum.)
Am I expecting myself to be supermom...or am I lazy?
I don't know.
But it's Monday, and yes, I'm tired. I think I'll feel better after my walk today. And it's going to be a nice long one. (I'm going to treat myself.)
Wish I'd have logged on this weekend and been inspired by everyone here.
Cammie
Old 07-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #69  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Sounds like there have been some ups and downs with everyone. I've been stuck in the downs for awhile, but I'm breaking free of that today. I know it is already well into the 5-day challenge, but I just couldn't get it together! My eating has been ok, but I haven't exercised much at all. Today, my 11 yr old son and I went walking/running. He is getting ready for football, so he does more running. I do much more walking, but try to jog a little bit too. So far, so good on food. It's been hot here, so I've had no problem getting enough water!!

Hope everyone else has a successful week!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #70  
returning to myself

hi everybody...today is weigh in day and I didn't make the 10 pound goal..

I stayed on plan and did well on the challenge, but I only lost one pound...

I guess I will have to try harder this week....
Old 07-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #71  
Diane

It will happen for you Laura!! Just hang in there!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #72  

Default Thursday Again -

Well Ladies,
It's Thursday again.
My weight hasn't budged.
I'm absolutely exhausted having a daughter who wouldn't go to sleep until almost 11pm last night and then didn't want to get up or be cooperative this morning.
I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open.
BUT, that's why I know that this challenge is right for me.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday...five little days for me to refocus my energies on eating right and working out.
It's going to be tough to work out when I'm this tired. But, I'm hoping it will energize me again.
Hope we all see results this week. (I'll keep moving even if I don't though.)
Old 07-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #73  
Diane

So far so good for me. Got up early and walked/jogged. I really struggle to do that even though I feel so much better when I get it done. I was thinking the other day that this challenge should start on Monday.... but then I realized that I wanted it to start on Monday so the weekend could be free and I wouldn't feel any guilt for giving in to bad habits. So... duh!... that's why it is great that this starts on a Thursday. I'm working on it!!
Old 07-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #74  

Default Thursday and checking in!

Hi girls!

Didn't want you to think Im not playing this week! I've been sick the last couple of days with ovary issues (jeesshhh!) so I have not been on track at all. The good news is that I've only gained one pound and I think it may be water weight, although I can't be sure anymore! I'm having surgery on the 2nd and that should make a big difference in how I feel.

Meanwhile -

GO 5-DAYERS GO!

Laura, remember when we were glad we only GAINED one pound? (That was today for me!) One pound down is FABULOUS you sweet thing!

WE ARE BEAUTIFUL and SUCCESSFUL and IN CHARGE!

My goals for the next five days:

Walk EVERYDAY day!
Situps (50) once a day.
Try to remember that icecream does NOT cure cramps!
and have some fun!

I'll check back in on Monday! I'm off tomorrow and only check in from work.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #75  

Default Thursday - Start My Focus

Well despite exhaustion, I got in my 40 minute walk today. Nutrition's been good...tonight's supper is the real test.
Cammie