Five Day 40-something Challenge!

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Housework beats out working out? I guess it is the lesser of two evils!
    Thanks for starting the thread. It makes you take a hard look at what you do over the weekend!
  • well..I did pretty well for the 5 days as did ALL of us!!

YAY!!!

I learned a few things too...

I look forward to the next one !!!
  • Hey, we need to keep this going for another five days. It's been working- I have the sore muscles to prove it.

When do we start again?
  • Hi ladies, this was Great! Thanks, Cammie for starting it.

I learned that:

1. Just because it's a weekend, I can eat sensibly.
    2. Walking 3 miles a day will NOT kill me.
    3. It's easier when I know others are out there!

Looking forward to this week's challenge!

I LOST 2 POUNDS!
  • Congratulations on the loss, hopingtobehopeful! We can and WILL do it!
  • So, Cammie is going with Thursday (I think?), so should we start a new thread on that day or just keep this one going?

• hey...

guess what....

I lost 2 pounds tooooooo...!

OH yea.....

• Thursday? I can do that.

Good work everyone!
  • Laura!!! 2 pounds is great!
    Congrats!!!!
  • Thursday, Jul 5
    Hooray for us!

Are we on again today! I'm in!
  • I am in too....should we use the same thread? or start a new one???

CAMMIE!!!!!!!????????
  • Let's do it again!
    Hey everybody,
    CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is fantastic news!
    Let's use this thread for now. If it becomes a tradition, we can start a new thread next month.
    I didn't do horrible yesterday, but I've found it's hard to journal (or type) with a 2 yr old...
    Plus yesterday I got back on the bike...it was 15 mins out over 20 coming back (against the wind)...daughter was like, "Ok, mommy, can we go swimming now?"
    I'm doing great today. Got exercise done, (*cross trainer) and am headed out to an appointment and grocery shopping. Will bike tonight (I hope).
    I'm still stoked about this 5 day challenge...(that's funny because I'm not usually stoked about something like this for any time longer than a few days).
    Gotta run, will check in tomorrow.
    Cammie
  • I have the weighted hula hoop it's fun, but the first few times I was black and blue around the waist looked like I'd been beat. So wear a couple of shirts. good luck and I'm in on the 5 day also
  • Laura- way to go!!!!

Today, I went for a bike ride with my younger two kids. I had to stop, though, as I didn't realize my brakes were gone on the bike, and of course, a car was coming at the same time a giant hill was just below us.....thank goodness I was able to pull over just in time and drag my foot to slow the bike down.

Also, I did hula hooping for a bit today- got to keep it up for 11 seconds straight a few times. . I also went around the cove on my boogie board, kicking my legs around the lake, but it was so cold, I got out after 15 minutes.

In spite of my exercise "problems" (no brakes on bike, too cold to swim for too long) I got some exercise in, that's all that matters. I'm trying to use the outdoors as much as I can for now, so that my body gets used to different exercises, and changes my routine around so that I don't get bored using indoor exercise tapes and equipment.

I love this challenge- it keeps me honest!
  • those weighted hula hoops are killers!