Old 06-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #16  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Thankyou, Clydegirl! I wish success for you, as well.

One of the reasons why I do allow them to have those 100 calorie packs twice a day, is because of the temptation. They are around other kids who eat this stuff, so it makes it hard for them to lose weight without wanting to cheat, if they feel deprived. I also let them have their frozen pizzas with their salads and chef boyardee mini meals, as they love those, too, and it's something they will enjoy eating. That's the key- if you don't enjoy the diet, you won't stick to it. I just make sure they get enough fruits, veggies and protein everyday, before they have their snacks. So far, so good- they don't seem to mind so long as they have their goodies at night. I also have them take two Teen Chocolate Calcium bites as well as a Centrum Kid's Complete vitamin everyday, just to make sure they aren't missing any key nutrients.

Sorry, I wrote another book, LOL. Thanks again, and I look forward to chatting with you more.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 164 164 124

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Amen Sister! Planning is everything. No matter what I know that I have a half hour a day to devote to my treadmill no two ways about it ! I have to exercise for my mind and body. I use weights and walk on the tredmill at a good clip.This way I get my arms and heart a better workout.

I have been so busy lately I have wavered from the program, so I have skipped meals. Today I will workout then I'm horseback riding for the afternoon..good for the soul! I believe veggies are in the forecast!....lol

Keep up all the good work all..................Lizzy
Lizzy Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #18  
Going down, my way!

I lost another two pounds, hubby lost one more, son lost one, oldest daughter lost a wopping five pounds- she is now halfway to her goal! WOOHOO!!!!

Total loss for us all- 45 pounds. We joked this morning that we lost one of our dogs today in terms of weight. We have three big dogs, two are 45 pounds, the other one is 50 pounds, and three Yorkies, ranging from 5-14 pounds. The things we do to keep each other going, lol.

This afternoon, I decided to go for a mile walk before my youngest daughter's softball game. Unreal- all of my kids decided to go with me for this walk, so we took one of the Yorkies with us, and it went by really fast! My oldest daughter, encouraged by how much she had burned from that one mile, did an additional hour of walking while the rest of us were at the game. I can't get over how helpful and supportive we've all been to one another. Usually, when we've dieted in the past, no one made any rude comments or anything, but no one really supported each other, either. Hubby use to make a joke or two when I'd try a new diet- that's because I've done many, LOL. This time, though, it's working for everyone- I can't tell you what a relief and joy it is to see us all losing as a family, and helping one another out.

Hubby told me to wake him up after the hockey game, and we'd go for a mile walk with all of our dogs. I'd love to go, but I don't have the heart to wake him, after the long day at work he's had and him coaching my daughter's team tonight. I just might do my own walking with my headphones on.

I am just so dar gone excited! Before I started the tickers in my signature and the calorie diet (we started the Wendie Plan on Saturday, but did 1400 calories a day for two weeks), I was 298 pounds. I had lost 10 pounds doing the 1400 calories a day plan for two weeks, but found out I wasn't getting enough calories everyday. You might ask, why did I up them? Well, I was worried about my body going into starvation mode, so I figured I'd try the Wendie Plan on the calorie diet, and I am still losing, to my happiness.

Thanks so much for reading and being so supportive. You folks are wonderful.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #19  

Talking Keep going!

Good for you! I will be hitting the treadmill hard again today! I had a complete hysterectomy at 30 and weight loss is close to impossible unless I exercise like mad and diet hard! I'll break this plateau soon, did I mention I'm a chef? doesn't help. Although I eat very little, I stay the same, weird hense the starvation mode you referred to.

Onward all!

Lizzie...........
Old 06-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #20  
Going down, my way!

We'll get there, Lizzy! I love to cook myself, so that is the only thing I miss about dieting is not being able to prepare our old gourmet stuff. Someday, I'll eat that stuff again, but when I am maintaining and just small bites, lol.

I lost another 2 pounds, and met my first 10 pound goal today. I'm so happy, I could dance, but I have to go pick my daughter up from the high school instead. During her softball practice, I am going to walk the track for a mile. I'm sure my son and youngest daughter will join me.

By the way, have you heard about Z Trim? Check out the Food board as well as the Calorie Counters board. Best damn thing to happen to this family- love this stuff!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #21  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Steelslady what is the Wendie plan?

You're doing so well.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #22  

Talking

Z trim? hummmm..I haven't heard about that, I'll check it out.

Lizzy
Old 06-13-2007, 02:56 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 167.8/164.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Can I join?

I bought the 3 hour diet, but for some reason have veered off to eating every 3 hours, but not his food choices. I've been at 1300 calories, 40% protein, 40% carbs & 20% fat. At least that's what I've been doing M-F, then weekends I've blown it and gained it all back. This week I have been so hungry all the time. Can you let me know what you eat at your 6 meals? I haven't had a hysterectomy, but I am definitely in perimenopause. I know I've screwed up my metabolism with my constant up-down dieting. I need to commit! (or be committed!).
kd66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:23 AM   #24  

All are welcome here, we have no restrictions...lol. I have been on and off the diet for a while now and I'm going up and down.

I am going to focus now on weight training to increase muscle mass. With that you burn 5 times more calories day and night. Are you into trying that anyone?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:39 AM   #25  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

I tried the 3 hour diet. Turned out it just didn't work for me since my work simply doesn't allow me to take a break--even if just for a snack--that often. I work in a sterile environment and can't decontaminate that often during my shift.

I'm 49 and have passed menopause so I'm sort of like you, Liz. I found the book Body for Life for Women by Dr. Peeke and am giving that a go since it has a section on my own age group. It's strength and cardio. I modify the snacking to suit my work day.....

cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #26  

Cuppa,
I really feel that for me it will have to be strength training. I know that my diet is good due to the fact that I have tested it out so many differant ways.
I gave up drinking alcohol 5 years ago and I was a heavy drinker and lost 0 pounds. I gave up sugar for 6 months and lost 0 pounds. I did zero carbs and lost 1 pound in 1 month. In addition to all this I spurt train on the tredmill for 30 minutes 5 days a week and have lost 0 pounds!

You can not I magine the level of frustration , I feel hopeless. I was always thin until my Hysterectomy. I feel doomed.

Lizzy
Old 06-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 202/see tracker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Hey Lizzie Gourmet!

We have some things in common - are you a friend of Bill?

Meanwhile, here I am at 47, gained 25 in the last 8 months, know how it happened and, with menopause, having a tough time reversing it. I'm also going in August for an minor procedure that could also mean my ovaries going. I'm done with them, thank you, but am worried about how that's going to affect me.

The 3 hour diet sounds good, since three hours is about all I can give. I've been doing that naturally this week any how so I will claim I'm on it!

I am a lousy exerciser. Started giving monthly donations to Curves in March. They are happy to receive my money and not have me overcrowd the floor ! THAT has to change!

Anyway "Hey" and good luck!

Hope

Last edited by hopingtobehopeful; 06-19-2007 at 02:42 PM.
hopingtobehopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #28  

Talking I know Bill....

Dear Hope,
I have known Bill for about 5 years now, but I really don't attend. I checked myself into out patient rehab 5 years ago, 3 days a week 6 hours a dayfor 3 months. It was the best thing I ever did for myself! I got to the root of all the self pity...and just let it goooooo........ahhhhhhhhh....what a relief.

Now, I'm happy and fat...lol. took on a bit of a sugar addiction, well lets say love for sugar. Seriously, though I keep it way under control it's the D**m Hysterectomy. I was happy to shed my ovaries too, but didn't expect the weight gain. I work out alot and now I really am watching what I eat. I would love to have all the pals I can get here so stay in touch.

Lizzy
Old 06-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 202/see tracker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Wednesday morning and it's raining..

Well, nice to meet you Lizzie. I've been in touch with Bill for 6 years so we're in the same place. Nice not to have to worry about the calories from alcohol that I see others here struggling with. I, too, have had a carb addiction (all of my life) and definitely use food to calm myself down. Seems like a good time to look at that.

I care for my mom and that can be a rocky road for me. I tend to eat when I'm stressed and I tend to be stressed a lot lately.

But, time for change and change is good. I had a clean day yesterday and hope to continue the pattern today. Who knows, maybe I'll add Curves to the mix next week. I am trying to add or eliminate one habit each week. This week it's scaling back on lunches.

Hope you have a good day and hope everyone else does to.

Cheers! Hope
hopingtobehopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #30  

Thumbs up

Hope,
I took care of my Mother for a year and recently placed her in a nursing home. That was very hard but the only course of action that would keep her safe and clean. I can understand your pressure and pain. The only thing I can say is that if you do indulge to much , then that adds to the depression and guilt. Been there done that....

Lets just try to make some small real changes just for now. Nothing to eat past 8:00 pm perhaps and take a walk at least once a day and most of all stick to it. We need to stick to a new regamin in order to stay healthy. I think that should be our focus.
Lizzy