Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Looking for folks a bit older (50's) looking to lose 50/60 pounds

I am not sure I am going to really go on a diet. I want to eat healthy, lots of veggies, natural fiber, and portion control. So I will track calories, fiber and protien. Eating true portion sizes and trying to hit all the bases. Veggie, fruit, dairy, starch and protien.

Exercise is going to be interesting. I think I will start by walking the treadmill. It is still in the 100's here in the south and really I am too fluffy to do much of anything else at the moment. I want to start a routine I will stick too and can really do anywhere since we travel a lot. After I make a habit of walking and lose 10/20 pounds I will start adding more things.

I need to really plan out my meals. I work around food all day so I have to have everything I am going to eat with me at work. This way if I want to munch I will be hitting today's stash... I can leave dinner at home and I think to shake things up I will find a cookbook to find interesting things to make. Bad thing there is that they don't make cookbooks with great food for 2 people...

I guess I can eat my portion hubby can eat 2 ( it is always good to keep them heavier than you...lol) and the dog can eat the fourth serving. Freeze the rest if more than four? Low/no fat or healthy choices on dairy and desserts. Also remember to taste instead of shovel food.

Also pay attention to my bodies hungry scale. I put my name as fifty and fit instead of 50 and fluffy so that I would be projecting positive thoughts instead of negative...

Something I read then other day...

Self control is motivated by love...

Got a couple comments that I loved...
Don't think of this as a diet... I soo agree.
And, a couple quotes,
It's my turn to win / Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Awesome
thanks
Fifty and fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Come on over to the 50+ Golden Girls Group. We would love to have you
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, i am 59 years old. Following 17day diet from book. Exercise 1 hour for 4-5 days in a week.
Drink about 8 glasses of water. Have 3 times green tea per day, mostly with food.
I am satisfied with my results. Weight keeps on flutuating, but over all coming down.
Should you require any more information, feel free to ask.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #4  

Default New member

I am 55 years old. I have tried many diets in the past. I have lost weight but can never maintain or lose the entire amount I desire. Someone mentioned the book to me. I bought it yesterday and have finished reading up to Day1 and writing the cards. As I looked in the refrig this morning the cards popped into my mind. Today I will write and follow the book day by day. Now that I am finished typing. I hope I can post since this is day #1. My name is Pat.
cep314 is offline   Reply With Quote