Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #1  
Gabriella

S/C/G: 265/250/150

Height: 5"7'

Default Just for some encouragement...

Hello everyone.

I've just joined "3 fat chicks on a diet" so hi to everyone. I'm just posting this because I feel like I might need encouragement in losing weight even though I have never acknowledged it. In the past, my "losing weight" sprees have been brought about by my dad and even then, as soon as he goes into a work "spree", I would just stop. After realizing that I weight 250 lbs and that I am in very real danger of getting diabetes, I think something needs to be done.

I have stopped in the past and I haven't really figured out why. But I think part of it is that I have never really had people egging me on, it's just been me. So I'm posting this in the hope that someone or a couple of people will simply give me encouragement to be healthy again, and not be a statistic.

I need to lose weight, to be honest- if I am under 200 I'll be borderline happy, and even happier if I were to break 180.

But we'll see. I'm starting working out tomorrow, eating healthier, and at least attempting to fix my sleep patterns.

Anyways, thank you (hopefully in advance)

I hope all of you are healthy, or getting there
LinguisticsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

We are all here to support you!!

That being said, make sure you are losing weight for you, and not for anyone else. Love yourself - make yourself happy first!

You might find it useful to look around the Chicks Up for a Challenge forum. You sound like a gal who likes a challenge Good luck!!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

This is a really great place for support. I find that when I come here every day, even if I just read the posts and don't respond to anything, it helps. A lot. And people are always so willing to offer support! We all understand what it's like, whether we're there now or were in the past. Glad you're here!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #5  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!!!

we have pretty much the same stats - same height and I started at 261. For now, I am not bothering to worry about my final goal - I am just doing 10% at a time. So for now, I'm working getting to 212, which is my 2nd 10% and after that, I can worry about the next amount to lose. It's a lot less overwhelming than thinking about losing 50 or 75 or even 100 lbs all at once.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #6  

You are going to make a lot of new friends here...

and what is best...

they will all help you lose weight!

I joined 2 Thanksgiving challenges on this site to help keep me motivated.
I also track every bite I eat on LoseIt.com
I like the charts there. It is a fun way to keep track of my calories!
I eat a little less than 1600 calories per day. I can lose 50 pounds/year that way.

Best of luck to you! You'll get down to 180 soon.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/137/122

Height: 5ft 4in

I agree with abluvion, if you feel like you need support and accountability you should join one of the challenge threads. I've never done anything in the chicks up for a challenge thread, but we do have a 12 weeks to take off thread in the 20 somethings forum. We just finished our last thread and are starting part 2 this week! What is nice is that it's about support more than anything. We are not doing goals, but there is a nifty chart and a lot of really nice people who are going through the same thing you are.

Find a group on 3fc that you like and dive in!
Paloma is offline   Reply With Quote