Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #1  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Thumbs down Not losing weight!!

Hi Guys, so I have been tracking calories every day for about 3 weeks, working out intensly (to the point that my body hurts the next day) almost every day, if not every other. People have commented on me losing weight (i wouldn't class myself as fat, more out of shape) but the scale hasnt budged barely at all!! I feel more toned and really good about myself and thought some of my clothes were loose but the scale is not moving so it must all be in my head?!
I dont think I have been doing it long enough to be building muscle so I don't believe its that, has anyone had similar experiences? How can i get the scale to move??

I should also add im going on a long awaited 16 day holiday in 8 days and I shouldn't have weighed myself because now I don't want to go i went last year with my boyfriend and the pictures were awful and I felt disgusting, i promised this year wouldn't be the same!!

Last edited by Blondie160; 08-19-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #2  

How many calories are you eating? Do you weigh and measure your food? What specific types of workouts are you doing?
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #3  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Im eating about 1200-1400 calories made up of fruit, protein shakes (low cal and low carb), and a balanced dinner, occasionally some popcorn or soe sort of snack. I do either intervals on the elliptical or body combat class for 30 minutes (leaves me DRIPPING), I can easily cut calories and lose weight but for some reason with this exercise I am not losing?!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #4  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Here's an article that might provide some answers:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/22...-diet-working/
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

If people have noticed and your clothes are looser then it is NOT all in your head! It is entirely possible to lose weight despite the scale not moving. This is why it's a great idea to take your measurements and check back on them periodically. It could be that your body is holding water due to the intensity of your exercise (chug more water), or it could be that you've increased your muscle mass just enough to mask the weight of fat loss, or if your muscles are sore and repairing, then they hold water which again, masks fat loss.

So many things could be going on. You said it yourself, you are feeling and looking great - don't stop just because of the scale! Keep treating yourself well and the scale will catch up!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin43;3996797[B
]? Do you weigh and measure your food[/B]? ?
^^^
you never answered this... this is key... also, if youve lost weight without exercise before, than stop exercising till after your vacation, and just focus on diet and calories
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote