Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 160/154/127

Height: 5'3

Default I can relate

I'm right there with all of you. And as mentioned, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I drink and eat for 2 reasons, to leave reality and relax. I'm currently doing an online program called "Shirink Yourself", which is helping me realize there are other options to living instead of trying to escape, procrastinate or delay the inevitable.

One thing I've learned about myself this year is I've got an addictive personality not only to food. I realized this because I've always struggled with food and bingeing, but this summer there were weeks when I drink for 2 or 3 days at a time and I tend to not eat anything. I didnt need to eat, because the alcohol was filling the void. Thank goodness I got away from that quickly...

I do still struggle with drinking too much and then binging. I've learned it is my little "get out of jail" card. I look forward to the drinking because I can relax and I know I won't stop myself from eating.

Moral of the story...when trying to lose weight it is best to not torture yourself with drinking at all. You have so much else to worry about, why add another thing that will derail your success?
meg86 is offline   Reply With Quote