Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Default Amazing app for android/iPhone users! Free!

I recently got an app-supporting phone that has access to the android app market, and I found an app called Calorie Counter (powered by the FatSecret website). It's totally free, and it allows you to record what you've eaten for the day, gives you your totals for calories, fat, carbs and sugars, your percentage of calories used up (based on a daily limit that either you allow the app to calculate based on your weight, height and activity level or one that you set yourself) and it has virtually every branded product you can think of - and a barcode scanner. It's amazing. It's fun to tinker with, and does away with the boring pen-and-paper food diary. I've used it all week faithfully, and it must have kept me on the straight and narrow - I lost 2 lbs this week! I NEVER lose 2lbs in one week! Try it, it's great and it's free!!

... lmao, that totally sounded like an advert. XD
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Height: 5'6"

Fat Secret is awesome! I like the fact that you can add to it or use other people's additions.
photobuff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #3  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

MyFitnessPal is a good (free) app for those things, too! It also has a feature where, after logging your food for the day, it estimates how much weight you'll lose in 5 weeks if "everyday were like today". Pretty cool!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #4  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Agreed -- I LOVE MyFitnessPal!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #5  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

I'm addicted to the Noom app on android. Tracks my weight, calories, AND my workouts!! It's soooooo awesome, I can't say enough great things about it!
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 15st2lb starting weight

Height: 5ft 6inch

Another great app to try is RunKeeper!!!

I discovered it the other day, it is an iPhone app thats free and it helps you with your daily jog or run.
I started to try jogging daily since last week, and everything was great fun but it just becomes such a bore. I dont really understand how people can do this for fun, so I started browsing and learned about this app.
I tried it yesterday for the first time and enjoyed it a lot actually, it gives you some great encouragement.

Its working a treat for me (dont know how long it will last though)
Sue1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #7  
IATEJEN

S/C/G: 172.5/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I love the Calorie Counter app. I swear I'm like a little kid and just mesmerized every time I am able to scan a barcode and get all of the nurtritional info. There are some great recipes, also. The only limitation I have found is that there aren't aton of exercises with calories calculated. So, I have to do a little guesswork to figure out what I am burning.
iatejen is offline   Reply With Quote