Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Default I need to lay my stuff out for everyone....

Okay so hi I'm Rachel, 17. Earlier in the summer I made a little post but now I'm really struggling. Two years ago I was almost 300 pounds, the highest I ever saw was 266 but I knew 300 was creeping up on me. I wanted to change that. I didn't want to be big anymore so I started eating right and working out and lost 50 pounds by my sixteenth birthday.
After my birthday, however, I had to have surgery and I couldn't work out. I developed unhealthy eating habits and dropped down to 184 lbs just by not eating right. Throughout the year I've worked out and watched what I've eaten to maintain my weight but now I want to lose more!
I just don't know HOW to anymore, though. My weightloss journey has literally shoved me from being to bingeing to purging. I see a therapist and stuff, so that bit is covered, but how will I ever lose the rest of this weight?! I feel so stuck.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #2  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

You've been through a lot in the last little while. It's a bummer that having your surgery kind of messed you up, but,on the plus side now that you're recovered (I'm assuming), you can get back to doing the things that will help you lose weight in a healthy way.

however.... Purging can actually cause you to hold on to weight. Your body will fight to hang on to every little calorie it gets. Weight loss may have to take a back seat until you get all of that sorted out with your therapy.

If you're in a good place emtionally, why not write down what you eat in a food journal? You don't even have to track the calorie count, per se. Just seeing what you're eating may encourage you to a good amount eat healthy foods.

Hang in there!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #3  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi honey, I have had eating disorders as well, and purging had led me to have more medical complications than I ever thought of...

Tanna banana is right, counting calories and tracking what you eat is the best option. Once you know how much you are getting in vs how much you get out, there is no other secret

You can find all the motivation you need on here, but you've already come a long way, regardless of the fact that it was ''by not eating right'', you still have lost most of your weight, you can do anything you set your mind to.

Just make sure you do it right so you don't have a negative impact on your health. Take it from me, it's not fun.

Good luck honey!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I admire you for wanting to improve your health and starting at such an early age. It gets harder as you get older. I would recommend calorie counting. plan your meals for the day,it doesn't take long to do that. If you feel that is too much, stick to healthy foods, no fried foods, no sweet deserts, no gravy. Eat fresh vegies and fresh fruit , lean meat, chicken or fish. You can do it, you sound very determined.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations on your weight loss! It does not sound like you feel like a winner but you ARE!!! To lose that much weight is an accomplishment. I understand that you did not lose it in a very good way but I am here to tell you that it is easier to lose weight in a healthy way!
When I started my diet (calorie counting) I was so angry with myself for gaining this weight. I knew that I had to do it but I was not the excited, woo hoo, I am going to change my life kind of dieter. I am now but that is because I have since forgiven myself for the weight gain. Anyways, I found success by using my money (I live with my parents) and purchasing lean cuisines, light yogurts, and bagel thins. I got on a regimented schedule and just stuck to it. I did not feel like a superstar after the first week or even after the 3rd but I did it. Now I feel great about what I have done and I know that I will make it to goal and stay there.

My best piece of advice: Get into a routine.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

can you get a recommendation for a nutritionist for your therapist? That way, someone trained to work with people with an eating disorder can help you develop the best meal plan to meet your specific needs and help you lose weight while still getting your disease under control.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks =]. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm happy to say that today I didn't purge or binge on anything, I ate normally for once in the past year or so. I wrote down everything I ate and it was reasonable. I'm suppose to see someone who specializes in eating disorders in September, I think.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote