Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/131/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Goal weight?

I'm currently 131 pounds now. All in all I have lost around fifty pounds all together. What I was wondering is my goal of 125 pounds is good or not. I mean, is the weight I am at right now good? Or should I keep goiing? I don't think i'm as "fat" anymore. But I would like some opinions, thanks! PS: I'm a small/medium in shirts, and a size 8 in pants if that helps. Thanks! <3
xKirstenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

Only you can know what weight you look and FEEL good being. You're not overweight anymore, your weight is in the healthy range, so if you're happy with your weight than great! But if you would feel more comfortable losing a few more, go for it!

Congrats on the 50 pounds lost!
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #3  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

I agree with RJ. Go with what makes you comfortable. I'd say if you're a slave to maintaining your goal weight, then it may be too low (ie. you can't have ANY treats or have to exercise hours and hours a day).

Not to totally derail, but...We have similar stats! We're the same height. My goal weight for post pregnancy is 130ish pounds. I'll probably have around 25-30 pounds to lose once everything is said and done post-baby. It's nice to read your post, because it gives me hope that I can do it too! Congrats on your weight loss!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Size 8 sounds great to me! It's my goal size. I can button them now, but I can't sit down comfortably if you know what I mean.

You're in the healthy weight range for your height. If you feel comfortable with your bod as is, you should try to maintain.

I wonder about this exact question with my own journey. I'll probably be comfortably in a size 8 in another 8 pounds or so. But I won't be at my goal weight. So, would I keep going at that point to reach my goal weight or just be happy where I am? I think I'm finally at the point mentally that I realize the number doesn't matter as much as how I look and feel when I see my reflection. Exercise has helped me tone, so I'm feeling great about my body now. Then again... I wonder what it would be like to wear a size 6 again... (Haven't worn a 6 since I was 14! lol)
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote