Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 01:03 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss # 70

Hi ladies:
We were getting to long.
I never have tried curves but I have friends who love going there.
Diane
Old 06-12-2003, 05:38 PM   #2  

Well ladies,

I decided to post before leaving today. Tomorrow is my day off and other than working out in the morning, I plan on enjoying my day away from the office. I'm still coming downtown to workout with the PT. I'll get it over early and be home before 9AM and the rest of the day is mines.

It's been a bad feeling day and now it's getting ready to storm so I'll be here until at least 6 or later waiting on the weather to calm down. It's been real muggy outside today and looking like a storm was coming most of the day. The thunder is so load, I don't sit near windows but I can here it loud and clear.

You girls have a great weekend and I may check back in tomorrow but just in case I don't, let's be good this weekend. That will not be easy for me, I have a couples retreat on Saturday and a lot of foods and desserts will be available but I'm really going to fight it this time. I'm already feeling like a cow with my period and all.

Anyway, until next week, have a great one!!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 09:46 AM   #3  

Hi Ladies:
I made a mistake I did thread # 70 instead 69 oops.
Saychick congrats on your loss.
Clarie how is your week going?
Diane
Old 06-16-2003, 09:01 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone!

Happy Monday....not that I am really happy right now...just kinda tired....

So how was everyone's weekend?? Mine was OK. Didn't do too much...Friday night after work I went to my girlfriends little ones graduation..he is going into the 1st grade...they all looked sooo sweet in their cap and gowns...then after graduation we went to the ice cream shoppe....and boy was it good....I had a medium size maple nut sundae with chocolate ice cream...this was my dinner and then I even ate a couple bites of my husbands.....and then what was worse I had to run to Walmart for a few items and I bought a bag of the trail mix...it has nuts, raisins and m&m's so of course I had a few handfuls of that in the car on the way home.....but this was my dinner(makes me feel better when I say that...*smile*)....and I ate a light lunch at work.....On Saturday when I weighed in I was down 1.8lbs how is that possible I will never know......and TOM is only 8 days away...sooooooo...who can explain...well I got week six of maintance and nothing really new....some more protein choices....this is my last week of stabilization and then I go to maintenance for 52 weeks.....can't believe I have come this far. Also, once you are on maintenace you can only have one LA bar a day...I am kinda used to eating my two a day...and I only have to weigh in one time a week. And then on Sunday we went to a Fathers Day brunch at the Officers Club with my father in-law and boy was there a lot of temptation....everyone will be sooooo proud of me ... I only ate fruit...yes...I passed on the waffles, omlets, potatoes, eggs & cheese, pancakes...all the good stuff...I just ate all the fruit possible....I did put some whipped topping on my strawberries...and I had a few bites of my husbands chocolate cake....I am happy I didn't eat the whole thing...that is an accomplishement for me...usually I would have ate more and more....then we went to the movies...and I passed on the popcorn....I was really good...except that I must of ate like 12 servings of fruit....gotta be better for you than waffles and pancakes.....but.....the scales will show on Wednesday. I also worked out everyday this weekend....because of my splurge on friday night....and I forgot to mention that I munched on the trail mix all weekend long....and then on Saturday night me and my friend finished the bag.....good thing...it is out of the house.

Skychick...don't beat yourself up....you fell off the wagon but now you have to pick yourself up....you can do this you are strong...you like seeing the weight come off....we all have temptations...you just got to remember how to go back to eating right.....everyone needs to indulge every now and then....so today is the start of a new week and you can do it. You mentioned something about exercise. I am addicted to working out. I plan my day around the gym...I know that sounds horrible but.....if I don't I won't be able to go. We have curves in our area and several of my friends did check in to going but they found that the hours were not good for them.....and they don't have day care....but....they liked the idea of a 30 minute work out at different stations...one friend tried it for a week and loved it but...it was just too hard to fit into her day. I think any type of exercise is great....I just cant work out at home...I love the gym atomsphere...I always have...yes when I was 252lbs I felt uncomfortable in the gym...but now...I love my gym...and I think Kim feels the same way....so I would say if Curves is good for you...do it...you will see and feel a difference in your body.

Kim....I lifted weighs with my husband on Saturday and boy am I sore today.....I haven't done serious weight lifting in a while and I am feeling the affects today....so I admire you working with that PT of yours....but as they say "No pain No gain" I hope you enjoyed your weekend let us know how the retreat went....and what type of goodies did they have....Gotta love free desserts...*smile*

Everyone have a great day and I will check in later
Old 06-16-2003, 01:12 PM   #5  

Good day to all!

I was hoping to write sooner than this but since I steped in the office it's been hectic. I don't know why I would think otherwise.

Anyway, I don't have long but I wanted to share a little of my weekend with everyone. It was very nice, I had a very relaxing day and evening on Friday, I was so thrilled just to be off. Saturday, I had to make pasta salad but I couldn't even taste it. If I did, I know I would just go to the extreme, so I controlled myself and didn't eat any. They had a lot of good food at the retreat but I was so determined not to mess up that I just ate 2 meatballs & 2 BB wingettes. They had all the good stuff, no fruit or veggies just good old fattening stuff and a huge chocolate cake that was homemade, boy didn't it look good, but I passed. I had willpower cause I got on the scale Saturday and had lost 5lbs in less than 2 weeks, I was so excited that it really helped with the my eating at the retreat.

The couples retreat was really good, we had a married couple teach. The husband stayed with the ladies and the wife taugh the men. I wish my DH didn't have to work, I was so thrilled that the wife was teaching the men. Kno one knows a woman like another woman. The husband was good, he talked about creation and how we as women have the same qualities and characteristics as men, one in particular, leadership. He really taugh on how we as women have got to learn how to allow our husband to lead even when we feel like they're not. He said it was such a part of us to lead that if our spouses don't we just automatically jump in and do, he was so right about that. Anyway, it was a great time of learning and fellowship.

On Sunday at church a girlfriend of mines wrote me a beautiful note of how good she throught I looked and just told me to keep up the good work. That was such an inspiration to me. As a matter of fact, several persons complimented on my weight loss efforts, it was a good feeling cause I've told no one in my church and I go to a small church so it's noticeable when someone does something.

Anyway, it's back to work for me and you guys have a great day. I'll try to check back later.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:42 PM   #6  

Hi everyone:
I've had a good couple of days.
Tab are you under your goal or are you just bouncing back and forth.
Kimbo 5lbs in two weeks great job. How much more do you want to lose? Did you go back to the center?
I did but did not weigh I was planning on going over the weekend and did not make it so I will weigh in sometime this week..
Diane
Old 06-16-2003, 11:54 PM   #7  

Default Made it through another day! whew!!

Hi everyone,

I made it through yesterday and today. I felt so bad for cheating on Saturday that normally I would have just thrown the towel in.

This time is different. I feel different and I feel determined. Almost like a new beginning? I know that probably sounds corny but I've battled my weight for so many years and I've been praying that the Lord would help me do this.

I am on track. Today it felt good to make through another day. I go and weigh in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it because seeing the weight loss really motivates me.

Kim, that is great news on your weight loss!

Tab, you did great by eating fruit. You're right, it's better than all those waffles, and rich desserts.

I keep telling myself "Nothing is leaving the Planet". I can eventually eat the things I love, only when I do, I will have a new way of looking at it.

Someone once said that Desserts were meant to be "TREATS". Something you got as a reward for something. They were never meant to be eaten on a daily basis. I liked that when I heard it.
My granddaughter wouldn't agree! lol. She loves her oreos and milk.

I am debating on whether to go to the Curves place or just join a regular gym. I like the idea of going to a gym when I want to. The Curves has certain hours.

Thank you again for your wonderful stories. I enjoy reading them and they are very encouraging to me.

I'll post my weight after I go to the center.

skychick
Old 06-17-2003, 08:56 AM   #8  

Default Good morning Ladies!

Yesterday was a rough day at work but I've come in with a positive attitude today.

Diane-Thanks for the support. I have so much more to lose. I actually started weighing around 290 lbs and now I'm down to 247. My goal right now is 195 lbs but I'll see how it goes. I might take it lower but I'm 6 feet tall so I'm very deceiving. I can't believe I put my weight here. This is a milestone for me but I'm glad I did. I need to face the lbs. I have a total of 52lbs to reach my goal than I'll decide if I want to go further. I've been as small as 220 and I actually started looking sick but I didn't eat healthy I just wanted the weight off so I starved it off and that makes a difference. It's taken me a while cause I wasn't really serious and I would take a pound off here and there but now I'm ready to get rid of all of it! I am truly on a mission that I feel is possible at this point.

This week I plan on going back to LAWL, I've tried and it's been tough getting there but I really want to cause I want the stabilization and maintenance plan. That's were I always mess up so it will be good to see how it will be this time.

Skychick-Good luck on your weigh-in and try not to beat yourself up to much. We've all been there but what's most important is that you're back on track and doing well. Hopefully, you know I totally agree with Tab regarding the workouts and I'm still a big girl but I go anyway because it's for me and no one else. I can't look at what I see now, I see myself as a size 12, that my determination. I was so tired this morning, I worked 11 hrs and had a meeting last night so when I got home it was 9:30PM. Then I needed to prepare my DH & my things for today but when I got up this morning I really didn't want to go the gym but the body did so I obeyed. Don't worry about people, they have goals just like we do, whether it's to get stronger, increase there endurance level or like us lose weight, we just gotta do it for ourselves! You'll be jusst fine.

Tab-I have 10 more sessions left with the PT and I really hate to stop. He's killing me in a good way. He's pushed my levels up and I'm running at 6.5 now. I always thought I was doing some thing on the elliptical but now I'm doing levels 8 & 9 and it's a real challenge. I would love to workout with my DH, he hasn't been in a gym since his boxing days (lightweight!). Anyway, Tab, you sure know how to make food sound so exciting, I believe you really enjoy your desserts and that 's OK cause you'll stay in that gym for a couple of hours a day!

Hey, where's Gina & Kitkat. I miss you both!

Until later, have a great day!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #9  

Wow Kimbo:
You've come along way. congrats to you on your loss so far.
I started at 210 made it down to 139, then messed up for the past year and put 22 back on. I am shorter than you though I am 5' 4". I am doing my best to stay on track this week.
Diane
Old 06-17-2003, 12:18 PM   #10  

Come on Diane, you can do it, I know you can, hangin there!

Old 06-17-2003, 12:54 PM   #11  

Thanks Kimbo I like the balloons.
Diane
Old 06-17-2003, 07:39 PM   #12  

Need advice!

I went to an LAWL center by my house and told them pretty much up front that I was NOT going to sign up today (didn't even bring a purse in) and wanted some info. becasue I was not familiar with there program. They went over the program but would NOT let me see the takeoff/jet (the diet plan you follow for the first 3 days) all they would say is it's High protein and low carb. THey also would NOT let me see the next 4 day eating plan as well as the eating plan that I would be using to loose the 70 lbs. They said they can't let you see it till you pay. Is this normal or just a bad center? What do you eat in a typical day? I don't want to spend all this money when I don't know if it's a food plan that I can even follow. Anyway just tell what you think. THanks!
Old 06-18-2003, 12:49 PM   #13  

Good afternoon ladies,

Its been a busy morning as usual here at work. but I thought I'd better take a minute to write something while I had a chance.

This morning I worked out with the PT but my knee was really bothering me today, it must be the rain. I did notice a little swelliing this afternoon so I just might take it easy for the next couple of days. The PT did suggest that I see my doctor. I know what the problem is, it's old arthritis. I've fallen so much in my life time and have even had stitches in my right knee (22). The doctor said if I ever fell on that knee again it would criple me for life. I was 9/10 yrs old at the time and as a child I paid him no mine, I've fallen on it to many times to count as a child and an adult. Oh well, I'll take a arthristis pill tonight and see if that helps, if not, I'll cancel my Friday session.

jacksonmom-I believe that is there policy. One thing I will say about LAWL, if you're not ready to follow a strick plan without straying any, than it might not be right for you. You will lose weight but you must stick to there plan, if you don't, you do see it on the scale. The first few days I believe helps get your body ready for there meal plan. It is meat & veggies, if I recall correctly. The other plans varies, it's up to your counselor to decide which is right for you. Basically, you get a number of portion controlled starches, veggies, proteins, fruits, dairy & 1 fat a day, along with 2 LAWL bars a day. I hope this helps a little.

Well everyone, I'm getting back to work now, so I'll check in later. Where is everybody?!?
Old 06-18-2003, 12:57 PM   #14  

Hi Kimbo:
I am trying to get myself motivated to follow LA. I just feel like part of me saying don't do it and another part says if you get on track you will lose and be done already.
I did not feel like working out today I did a yoga tape with some ab work. This rain enough already.
jacksonmon I can add the first three days are a protein based diet without any fruit or starches.
Diane
Old 06-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #15  

Diane,

I feel you girl! My problem is always the evening time, I really have to fight with myself. I'm way to busy to worry about food during the day time.

Today, I decided to take a break and just sit out side for about 15 minutes. It was nice. The rain hasn't started back yet. It seams like rain for the summer this year, what is going on!

I feel like yoga & ab work is a workout so you're fine for the day. Try and have a good rest of the afternoon!

Kimbo
Closed Thread