Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Well Into the Ugly Duckling Phase

I know your body loses weight the way it wants to lose weight but things are just getting ridiculous.

In my weight loss battle, I've dropped bra sizes from a 40DD to a 34D -- and my waist has gone done from a size 16 to a size 10.

But my hips are stuck at a size 12/14 (43") and are losing inches at 1/3 the speed of the rest of me. I used to think I was blessed with one of those hour glass figures because when I was heavier that's how it appeared. But now all I can think is holy pear, batman.

This isn't even really a rant, just somewhat less than amused that my body proportions are looking downright comical lately.
InsidetheBeltway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #2  
100 lbs wifey

S/C/G: 140/100/fit

Height: 5ft

We all have to become caterpillars before we turn into the beautiful butterfly that we know we are.
FatNoMore03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm not losing inches equally either, but I think of myself as a work in progress eventually everything WILL even out.

So remember, you're not an ugly duckling, you're a work in progress!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Neither am I. I am tiny on the top now. My chest is flat as a pancake. Yet, the lower half is still wide and dimply.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #5  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I hear you. I go through weird stages at time too. Right now since I've lost weight on my bust my lower belly is the same circumference and it actually makes me look a lot bigger because of that. I'm hoping my body decides to lose more weight on my stomach pronto!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #6  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

They say the problem areas are the last to go. I am an apple shape so basically I am just round LOL. I still hold a lot of weight around the middle. Throughout my weight loss, I barely lost any inches around the waist compared to everywhere else. It isn't until now that I am seeing some progress but it is a slow process. Eventually the weight will come off, hang in there
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

My hips and thighs are smaller comparitively than my waist. So I have to choose either too tight in the waist or baggy on the bum and thighs...which makes it look like I really need to get new pants. I am a size 12 in the hips and an 18 in the stomach!

I know my waist will lose more and catch up with the rest of me.

chest 35.25
waist 35
hips 40.5
thigh 22.5
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

My dd and I were just talking about this yesterday! Funny how when I want to post something, I find people going through the same thing.

My hands and feet, and ankles and lower legs, and wrists and forearms are all really bony and muscular. My upper arms and thighs are still large and flabby. My belly/torso area doesn't look like it's changed at all.

When I put my toddler on my feet and lift her with my legs (weight training at it's finest ) you can see the tendons and muscles in my legs, and this large puddle of fat that slides down to the hip area away from my thighs. SO GROSS!

But, thinking about how I looked 2 years ago, I'll take it. I'm hoping it will all even out eventually, or that I'll become more immune to it!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/213/180

Height: 6'1.5

I know exactly how you feel! I was in an XL/XXL shirt, and 20/22 pant, and now I'm actually fitting into some medium shirts, but my butt/hips are stuck in an 18 pant. That's a huge size difference, and I'm feeling mighty disproportionate.
LongTallBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

It is funny how we lose. It's not how I gained... or maybe it is and I don't remember as it was a slow process.

Anyway, I lost a LOT in my waist in the beginning - a LOT and had a really nice hour glass figure going on. These past two months I've barely lost in the waist at all and have lost in the bust and hips and thighs and arms. When I stand and look at myself in the mirror I' beginning to look squarish which I never have looked in my life. On my sides I can grab fat, same with my sides. I hate it! My current measurements are 42-35-43 and that 35 is on a good day, it's usually 36.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #11  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
It is funny how we lose. It's not how I gained... or maybe it is and I don't remember as it was a slow process.

Anyway, I lost a LOT in my waist in the beginning - a LOT and had a really nice hour glass figure going on. These past two months I've barely lost in the waist at all and have lost in the bust and hips and thighs and arms. When I stand and look at myself in the mirror I' beginning to look squarish which I never have looked in my life. On my sides I can grab fat, same with my sides. I hate it! My current measurements are 42-35-43 and that 35 is on a good day, it's usually 36.
you know, sometime reading your posts I think we're having pretty much the same weight loss journey.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #12  
100 lbs wifey

S/C/G: 140/100/fit

Height: 5ft

I would recommend taking dancing classes. For me, my Zumba class helped a lot in toning areas of my body that I thought would make me look like a sagging spring roll wrap. (This was how I saw myself two months ago when trying a dress on, like a fat filled spring roll! LOL)

Although I lost 30lbs in just two months, I am thankful that I didnt experience the dreaded sagging skin. I didnt work out i.e go to the gym or weight training, I just do Zumba twice a week and for the past 3 weeks, I've been doing cardio everynight for 4-6 miles. My stomach is surprisingly flatter than when I was 95lbs (I am currently 110) and I think I can see some abs forming (YAY!!!). My legs are also slender and muscles are building up. My back fat is gone.

I still have ten more lbs to lose (as per my doctor's recommended weight for my age and height 5ft). At 140, I looked like a ball. FOR REAL. Just round everywhere. LOL

Last edited by FatNoMore03; 08-10-2011 at 03:54 PM.
FatNoMore03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #13  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I'm losing proportionally (I am a pear now and always have been - so the larger hips, smaller upper body thing is normal for me), but I feel like an ugly duckling also. I am struggling with loose skin that I hope will firm up. I am sure some of it is still fat and so will get smaller as I lose. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product! I wish that the way down was like the way up, but not so far.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote