Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wonderful Wednesday, June 18

Good Morning Chickadees!

How is everybody doing today? It was nice to see all the posts from yesterday! Cin, it's so good to have you back, hope all went well. Fill us in on the details when you can. April, sounds like you are having a good time and are very busy. That's great! Have fun!

LindaT posted an article on Depression that is very good, check it out when you can.

What is everybody doing today? I'm at work, of course. I'm hoping to go for a walk during lunch.

I'm also checking on refinancing our home mortgage, as the interest rate is now down to 4.625%. I want to consolidate all our loans and refinance for 15 years, but of course, my dear hubby wants to only refinance what we actually owe on the house for 10 years. Wish I could get him to see where I am coming from. He may come around, but I doubt it. Oh well, it is on my mind (obviously) but I'm not gonna worry about it. :-)

Whassssssup with everybody else?

hugs,
Cathy
Old 06-18-2003, 11:09 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Hey gals!

Good Morning,
I am waiting.oh there is the doorbell.grandchildren
Later Cin
Old 06-18-2003, 12:35 PM   #3  

Talking Hello everybody!

Hi gang!

Well I have been up and at it for several hours already and I am pooped!

My housekeeper is here this morning so I had to get things picked up a bit. I didn't do as much as I normally do before she comes and I want to see what happens.

I sat out on my deck this morning and drank my coffee and read the paper...it was great. I want to do some gardening after I pick up dd 5 from school.

Yesterday I dragged myself around all day and finally gave up and went to bed at 9 pm....both my kids were awake still! Though they were supposed to be in bed.....don't know when they finally went to sleep...dd 5 was in bed with me this morning...what a mother!

Work has been calling me to come to work every 4 hours.....it is unbelievable.....you don't realize how much you work until you try and take a few days off.

DD 11 wouldn't wear shorts today because someone made mention of her hairy legs.....any suggetions...should I let her shave...wax what?????? She really is quite hairy and it is dark...not sure if I am ready to go there but I don't think it is fair to ignore her pleads.....it is going to be 31 deg C today! I did tell her that kids will just find something else to bug her about if she shaves but not sure if that is the issue here...........help

Have a good one everybody!

Eliz

flow1:
Old 06-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #4  

hey liz - aren't teenagers fun! you are almost there girlie with dd 11. I can remember begging my mom to start shaving my legs but don't remember when she finally let me start. I was probably at least 13 or so, but I don't remember really "needing" to shave, it was more about me wanting to bec I thought it was time.

A couple of years ago, I would have probably said "tell her to wait a couple more years" but after having to deal with 2 teenage boys, I'm more of the opinion now "in the big scheme of things what would it hurt anyway". If she is "hairy and dark" and it would make her feel better to shave, then it's not really that big a deal, the only thing is (and I know you have told her this and they never worry about stuff like this) but once she starts, then she will have to keep it up - kind of like coloring your hair - once your start then you gotta keep it up.

Oh well, that is my professional opinion on the matter. lol

What is your gut feelings on it?

hugs from one mom to another ;-)
Old 06-18-2003, 03:09 PM   #5  

Liz, let her shave! Having dealt with a dark and hairy DD myself, I can tell you that it is also a self esteem thing. She wants to be dainty and pretty too. (Lucky you, she is getting to THAT age!)
Old 06-18-2003, 03:15 PM   #6  

Angry I hear ya!

Thanks for the input......I am totally leaning that way.....thanks ladies!

Eliz
Old 06-18-2003, 03:24 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Good to see your all up to snuff

Liz HOUSEKEEPER.. oh you lucky dog you !! I'm jealous... but you know I'm one of those who really couldn't stand someone else cleaning my house (although I would love to try it some day lol).

Nothing much going on, SOSDD !

Hope you all have a splended day

Hugs
Old 06-18-2003, 03:29 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh yeah Liz !!! let the little darling shave, if its that embarassing to her whoooooooh then I would say okay. Age really isn't the issue because all girls develop differently. I remember getting made fun of b/c I had boobies b/4 some of the other girls, and it was the girls that made fun of me...jealous sob's. LOL

I remember the first time in gym class (13 years old) looking at all the other girls in shorts...... I could have died. I went home that night and bzzzzzz that forest right off. My mom yelled but she didn't have to face those girls the next day..... The next day they pin pointed out this one girl who had hairy legs and made soooooooo much fun of her (calling her gorilla girl). I felt so bad for her.

Kids can be mean.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:36 PM   #9  

Talking Housekeepers rock!

It took al ot of work but I eventually got the house to a stage where I could let someone in the front door....it was the best thing I ever did...it forces me to stay on top of things and its worth every penny.......it is the first time in many many years where anyone can come to my door at any time and I don't have to make excuses for the mess.......just don't open any cupboards!

Eliz
Old 06-18-2003, 05:24 PM   #10  

Question Now tell me one more thing

Razor/cream
Razor/soap
Neet
wax

any suggestions.

I have soft little blonde hairs that I shave off every 3 months or so.....don't know much about this long, corse black stuff

Thanks

Eliz
Old 06-18-2003, 06:16 PM   #11  

I use a razor for women named Venus. It's impossible to cut yourself with it, so that's what I'd buy her. That and some womens shaving cream.

Yes, kids can be so mean! My GD14 also started shaving early because she is also dark and hairy. We didn't want her to get teased when she wore panty hose.

Neet can be irritating, BTW.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

mine started when she was 10 or 11 ... didn't ask, just borrowed all my stuff and went for it! It grows back... ya shave it off again.. it's a cross between self-esteem and growing up. The bigger issue is dealing with the teasing.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:34 PM   #13  

Default Just a hello..

Well it's been a long long time since I've been to 3FC! November 2002 to be exact. I know alot of you gals in here, and it's nice to see some familiar names...

June 10th I had a baby! A boy. And of course I managed to gain way too much weight while pregnant, so here I am starting over. I'm not even 2 weeks post (csection) and I'm geared up and ready to go(mentally, physically I'm shot!) The challenge is finding a plan that is safe while breastfeeding. Also we are moving cross country in 3 weeks!

With the baby, and packing to move, I'm not sure how often I'll be online, but I thought 3FC was a good place to start since the site played a major part in my getting to goal a couple years back..

Nice to see ya'll again. Hope you are all well..

Nobia (aka CSK)
Old 06-18-2003, 10:01 PM   #14  

Hey CSK - wow I have wondered so many times how you are doing and what you are up to and where you are! Congrats on the baby boy! I hope everyone is happy and healthy!
Where are yall moving to?
Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Liz, I agree with Tippy - a razor that won't cut and women's shaving cream. I wish I only had to shave my legs every 3 months - now that would be nice! :-)

Cathy
Old 06-18-2003, 11:54 PM   #15  

Angry Hey CSK!

Welcome back! And Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!What a wonderful time for you.

The shaving is done and we all survived it....dd11 came home from her soccer game tonight and bathed......she used some lovely scented shaving gel/foam and the pink venus shaver.......she is estatic....they really were hairy

Thanks for all the support!

Eliz
Closed Thread