Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Default Bingeing on fruit.

... I just ate half a bag of grapes. I was doing so good staying on my calorie limit.

Grapes of all things...
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Guess what? When I started counting calories, I did not count my fruit or veggies, because I wanted to incorporate more of those into my diet. So I stayed at 1800 calories of "food" and unlimited fruits and veggies and the weight FELL OFF!!!

Now, unfortunately, I can't do that...
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I can definitely understand your disappointment. I have a hard time with binging as well. In fact, I did it yesterday, plus I overate today. All I can say is that eating that many grapes is actually not that terrible. Just figure out how many cups you had and you can determine that the calories aren't too dreadful. Now if you had eaten a bag of potato chips and then a few slices of cheesecake washed down with some sugary soda, you'd be dreaming about binging on grapes.

My best advice is to get right back on track. Drink lots of water and eat a bit less fruit tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do great!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i could eat cherries like other people eat candy bars LOL....im counting fruit for the carbs though so i cant overeat fruit too much....but im still tempted

all in all....it wasnt too bad to binge on grapes...it could have been much much worse
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloFatto View Post
... I just ate half a bag of grapes. I was doing so good staying on my calorie limit.

Grapes of all things...
Grapes are so delicious. Before I started this, I would bring a big Tupperware container of grapes to school and snack on them all day long. (I was in class from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.) I cannot imagine how many grapes I consumed that semester!
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

I binged on ravioli last night, so you're way better of than me at least!

Just get right back on track and forget about it. And think of this- even if you ate like 4 cups of grapes (which is a LOT of grapes), you're only looking at about 450 calories. For a binge, that's not too bad! Probably the same as ONE piece of cake or pie.

Grapes are sooo yummy though... right when I get home from the store I have to portion them out into one cup portions, so I don't just keep picking on them all day!
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/110/105

Height: 5'0

So strange how these threads pop up that are so relevant (to me)!!! Tonight, I just ate half of a small flat of blueberries-no joke! I wash them, and put them in a big bowl and ladle some tablespoons of cream over them, then add some packets of Splenda. This is my new form of crack. (I do not take crack, lol).

I hope my body is kind to me after this... One part of me is like, 'meh, it's blueberries', but the other part is 'whoa, you just ate two massive bowls of blueberries'.

Eeeek.
SunnyJee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Fruit is my downfall, because even though the logical me knows better, the stubborn brat says "It can't be that bad, it's just fruit." This week has been bad for me, because it's TOM and I crave carbs like mad. If I'm not careful, the two pound of grapes hubby bought today will be gone by tomorrow night.

Small fruits like cherries and grapes are hardest for me to portion control, because I have a harder time stopping. I have to weigh them out first, and remember that I can't eat "just a few more," I have to portion out each serving.

I don't usually gain weight on fruit (unless they're very sugar-heavy ones or dried fruit), but I definitely can, have (and probably will) stall on fruit. I can definitely maintain my weight on all healthy foods (even South Beach and Primal Blueprint and other "good carb" friendly ones).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #9  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

It could've been worse, right? Keep that in mind. Now pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

There's something that feels so wrong about having to limit fruits! It seems totally unfair and it bugs me, LOL. Ok, mini-rant over. I do not count veggies nor limit those, as long as they are not carby-starchy veggies. I find it helps me to have at least SOMEthing that isn't off limits ever. If it means slower loss, I am ok with that.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #11  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

At the very least - GOOD FOR YOU for picking grapes rather than something you'd REALLY feel guilty about! Yes, grapes are higher in sugar than some other fruits, but at the very least you also consumed a good amount of fiber to offset that so your blood sugar won't go absolutely crazy. It definitely could have been worse!

I've been on such a cherry binge as of late... Sam's has 3lb packages for $7 and my hubby and I can EASILY go through 2 of those in a couple of days. I've had to portion them into 10oz baggies for snacks so I don't go buck-@ss wild on them LOL. I'm happier having my fruit and working out an extra 20 minutes than I would be chowing down on some ice-cream and just throwing in the towel because "i failed".
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I went on a cherry binge the other day too... even though it's kinda a loss when looking at my daily calories I try to allot for myself, it's still a big win in comparison to the way I used to eat.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I just ate a whole bag of strawberries, I know how you feel. I feel guilty and skipped "lunch" and "breakfast" but not it's 4 and I'm starving. I'm going to eat a healthy, normal supper and move on. So I get it. Like everything else, do the next best thing?
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330 / 320 / 175

Height: 5'11

I'm currently doing Weight Watchers and fruit is free. So far, I haven't been able to overcome my binges, but I have changed them from chips to fruit so I don't feel bad over it. Usually, I choose honeydew melon with some yogurt *the fat free stuff of course lol* or blueberries.
Crazy Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote