Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2001, 08:47 AM   #1  

Talking

That thread was getting pretty long. How is everyone. I go weigh to see today. We'll see how well the juce worked. I go to a bachelorette party tonight. It is in louisville, so we are staying the night. (2 hour drive) I love weddings, but I will be glad when all these weddings are over with.

I guess I will go for now.

Crystal
Old 03-31-2001, 08:56 AM   #2  

Hi Crystal - weddings are fun, but they can be a real diet killer can't they? How did juice taste? and do they let you eat food as well?

I weighed in last night and was up a pound - I knew 8 pounds in the first week was to good to be true, but 7 pounds gone in a week so I am still happy. I have to go to a dinner tonight at one of my favorite italian resturaunts.

Have a good day all
Old 03-31-2001, 10:47 AM   #3  

You get 6 oz. of protein and 2 green vegetables all day. PLus two la lites. I lost 3 lbs. The first day wasn't bad. The last day it got kinda hard.

The juice isn't bad. I'm not big on those juice combos ex. strawberry-orange, orange-banana., etc. Basically that is what it is.

talk to you later, Crystal
Old 04-01-2001, 12:47 PM   #4  
Spicy Chick

Default HI

Thanks for starting new thread Crystal...I have been thinking about doing juice...does it fill you up.??.Mom gave me some info on it , I am still trying to decide, you know I am not big on giving LAWL additional money,,but I am keeping the option open, 3 lbs is a good loss...I figure I pay 14.00 for a box of shakes,,,23.95 is not that bad...
I haven't weighed in for 3 weeks at the center, I am only suppose to go once a week, I usually go on Saturdays..Last week I had water weight gain so I didn't even bother, this week I was busy...I do weigh at home so I am doing okay, no significant loss but I am holding steady...
Bela: 7lbs is still good,,,when you think about it that is alot..keep up the good work..are you still gettin busy on the treadmill??
Hello to everyone else, hope you are doing well with the program and exercise....keep moving and losing!!
Old 04-01-2001, 05:52 PM   #5  

Default HI!!

Hi everyone!!

I wanted to stop in and say hello because I won't have time the next couple days. I leave to take my kids to my mom's on Tuesday and fly out to Korea on Wednesday morning. I am beyond excited right now although what I'm feeling is more stress at the moment, trying to get everything done. I have sooooo much to do between now and then its not even funny. Sooo, I'm saying hello now and I'll be back in about 2-1/2 weeks!!!!

Have a terrific couple of weeks everyone, I'll see ya when I get back!!

BonVoyage!!
Terry
Old 04-04-2001, 07:24 PM   #6  

Default where is everyone?

Well, I made it through another weekend. I stayed the same tuesday. I was horrible over the weekend with the bachelorette party and all. I was so glad to have stayed the same. I know it is all due to the weight training.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will talk to you all later,
CRystal
Old 04-04-2001, 09:39 PM   #7  

Hi all

Crystal congrats on maintaining - how was the party?

I weighed in Monday and had lost 3 more for a total of 10 - weighed in tonite and stayed the same, which I am happy about considering its ttom. and My mother keeps stealing my bars!!
I am still puffin away on the treadmill and figure when I get to 200 (only 24 pds to go) I would look at maybe joining a gym as well- I think there are some muscles under there somewhere1

keep well all
Old 04-05-2001, 09:28 AM   #8  
Spicy Chick

Default HI

Hi everyone...
Crystal: I know you glad the parties are over...didn't you do the juice??,,I decided Iwill due it next month before Memorial Day...

Bela: congrats on you loss,

I will be weighing in Saturday,,haven't weighed in for 3 weeks...
I ordered some clothes out a regular size magazine, they fit perfectly!!..I was soo pleased,,I got a pair of white jeans they are actually to big, have to order a smaller size, I got a 14, I can get in a 12 now...not low for some women, but a 12 is fine for me, I am tall,I don't want to get down to a size 10, then be disappointed because I can not maintain it...
Keep moving and losing ladies!!
Di
Old 04-05-2001, 01:22 PM   #9  

Hi Terry, Hi guys...remember me? Glad to see you are sill hangin' in. Everybody still having success?

Got a question...maybe someone can ask their center. Just how long do these bars last? I have a ton left from when I quit and even though they aren't bad, I'm doing WW again and they are just too many points for me to waste on a snack. If they have a shelf life I'll hold onto them, if not I guess I'll have to pitch them or mail them to you all .

One more thing...and I don't mean to be a bummer, but one small correction... If you eat other brands of bars you not only loose your rebate, you will have to start paying the weekly fee again if you pass your goal date without hitting goal.. that's if your center is a hard-case....like mine was.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 04-05-2001, 02:34 PM   #10  
Spicy Chick

Default barbs88

just in response to rebate...It has always been my undestanding that it if you do not reach your goal weight by your goal deadline you pay for additional weeks whether you have used their lites or not...

I didn't reach my goal weight according to their timeline; I just went right to stabilization and now I am on maintainance....I have just contiued to loose on my own, on maintainance you are suppose to weigh in once a week...
Old 04-06-2001, 12:38 AM   #11  

Lady Di
Technically, I guess you are right since nobody on this planet can possibly follow the plan to an absolute T without ever messing up even by accident. BUT...according to the contract (at least the old one I signed), if you don't get to goal by goal date and YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE PLAN EXACTLY you can come for as long as it takes for no additional weekly charges (you still "have to" purchase bars). The trick is of course that you have to be absolutely exact...come in 3 times a week every week, never sample your kids b-day cake, or in my case, never lick cheetos dust off your fingers . I guess it is possible if your center is leinient or you are obsessive compulsive but in the real world, nobody can be that exact. I'm just glad everyone is still doing well.

I started back at WW with a very defeated attitude. It didn't work before, LAWL didn't work, I'm a failure ...yadayadayada. BUT so far so good at WW. I've been there 9 weeks and have lost 16 pounds (ALMOST the 2 pounds a week LAWL promised) and I get to actually HAVE bananas, raisins, carrots, canned food, FUDGE!!!, wine, anything on the planet I want... as long as I count it. I am still dredding the "plateau"...after all I hit the wall at 20 pounds with WW AND with LAWL, but hopefilly, now that my hormones are settled back down to normal (Abby is now 3!!!) I may be OK (I hope, I hope, I hope).

BTW...here is a freaky thing...I read in a mag that SOY can SLOW your metabolism!!!!!! Being a natural estrogen and all, it can do weird things to your hormones, your fertillity and your metabolism. I don't know about that. Soy still seem so have such a great rep. But YIKES.... wouldn't THAT explain "the wall"????? Now I'm scared to eat the dern bars.

Keep the faith...we are all aiming at the same target.

Barb
Old 04-06-2001, 08:47 AM   #12  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi everyone

Where is everyone??..How is everyone doing...
Mom, Tosca, Bela....Crystal I know you are fine..

Barb: I understand what you are saying about LAWL, I had a real problem with them thinking you are not suppose to slip up every now and then, it is very unrealistic...but reading the boards helped me deal with it..I feel my weight loss is my responsibility first, how I acheive it is up to me...after I reminded myself of that it was easier to deal with LAWL...
and it all boils down to what works for the person...good luck with WW...are you exercising??

I never heard that about soy...I guess it is how you incorporate it in your diet, because the Asian women comsume allot of soy and you see they are rarely overweight..but they do eat alot of fish and vegetables..

Everyone take care and good luck on saying OP...

Di
Old 04-06-2001, 01:06 PM   #13  

Hi Gang, being an ex manager of LAWL I felt I had to say something about the contract issue - of course this was 2 years ago so I am sure it may have changed - if you follow plan - (staff goes by diary and your chart) and you do not make goal by your date you will continue on plan free of charge until you hit your date BUT you have to come in 3 times a week and follow plan - and yes I had seen clients achieve goal in time - I have also seen people not follow plan (but I only had a piece of cake, and oh yeah some soda, etc) and then yell at me because they were not losing - well being OP myself I know that a "piece of cake" for most of us is not the only thing going on - I always used to say if you follow the plan it works, once you decide to do it your own way , its not our plan anymore - this made sound harsh but it was usually after I got my face ripped off because a client gained and "couldn't understand why", I also have to tell you guys this - it used to be 3 pds per week! can you believe that ! they used to estimate 3 pds per wk loss! anyway, I had a client who transferred to my new center as her time was drawing to an end, she did not hit goal on time - we reviewed her chart found she had basically stuck to program - only missed a week for vacation - and asked for hold status for that week - she only had maybe 5 deviations so we gave her her time - i think it depends on your center/staff to, staff can play a HUGE part if you are not getting the support you need -

I think differant people need to work with differant programs - some people can handle less restriction than others - I recommend WW to people all the time - I think it is a great program - its just not for me - I could never have that kind of control - I need restriction , thats just me. Its all a matter of what works for you -

Barbs - I am sorry you had such a crappy experience with your center but I am glad you found WW again - I think its a great program to - lots of luck

Ok well, I will be back later after weigh in - I hate weighing in at the end of day after I have drank 93oz of water, and ate all my food - thats the only stinky thing - cause I am always 2 pounds lighter at home in the morning.

Have a good day all - talk to you later
Old 04-06-2001, 01:10 PM   #14  

by the way - Barbs I will find out today for you about the shelf life of the bars - maybe they are like Twinkies....20 years! LOL I will let you know tonight

bye for now Bela
Old 04-06-2001, 05:35 PM   #15  

Bela:
Thanks in advance ...about the bar thing.

Yeah, I've gotton over my anger and resentment at LAWL... a year of anti-depressants has taken the edge off . I don't want to rehash the entire ugly story, but what made me the maddest was that the last like 12 weeks of my program I was virtually "stuck" and I was getting no support or encouragement or answers as to what I could do to get back on track. I was following the plan, at least I thought I was. Then when my goal date came and went they whipped out my file and showed me all these little "red marks"...had salmon 2 days in a row, had beef and potatos too close together... dumb little things that I didn't even know were violations and THEN they proceeded to tell me how I had violated my contract and if I wanted to keep coming, I had to pay them the $8 a week again, even though I still had 28 weeks left in my paid up year. I felt I was being thrown out to make room for someone with a fresh credit card. I assumed if I paid for a year...I got a year... but then, they knew that is what I assumed. That is what we were all told. They made the mistake of getting the waiting room backed up and we actually SPOKE to each other out there. If that is what we all thought, it must have been in the presentation. I spent a total of $900 give or take a few, lost 18 pounds in 6 months and immediately after leaving gained that back PLUS another 16. I just got back from weigh-in at WW and I am finally back to the weight I STARTED LAWL at. My next mini-goal is to get to where I left off at LAWL and then I will feel like I'm actually getting somewhere and not just regaining lost ground. Like I said, I am happy for all of the success stories no matter where or how they are doing it. I just think that MY center misrepresented itself and the contract and someone should have turned them in to the attorney general or something. You can't lie to clients like that. I don't plan on hanging on these boards but I did want to check on the bar thingy.

Hey...when can we see Terry on a commercial???

P.S. I'm not exercising as much as I should but I'm trying. Bought a GREAT treadmill which I absolutely love. My LAWL center strickly PROHIBITED exercise!!!
Closed Thread