Old 08-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/what it is/135

Height: 5'6

Default facial flushing

hi! im new to IP, starting 4th week today. although things aren't going as quickly as i'd hoped (total lost = 7.2 lbs) its better than where i was 3 weeks ago!

anywooo, in the past couple days i've developed facial flushing. for no apparent reason my face will become red and warm/hot. when i was lurking around here reading i found out that IP can affect hormones in us. could this flushing be hormonally related which in turn is related to IP??
elsilrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Is there any chance you are getting too many carbs? Now, I have no idea if there is a real basis for this or its just my own questionable theory, but I have noticed that I have something akin to hot flashes when I have consumed a combination of things that is higher in carbs. I have had weird bouts of being cold (which is part of ketosis I understand) but there are certain days (usually following something off protocol) where i have this overwhelming hot flush (all over for me). Anyway, just a thought (and might also explain the slower than expected weight loss). Otherwise, my other guess was deifnitely the hormonal shifts . . .
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #3  

carbs from what, veggies?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Well I guess it could be a combination of things. Some people use alternative products, some have consumed more than 1 restricted in a day, some have the higher carb packs + extra packet + restricted veggies, etc. If you are Phase 1, using IP products and following protocol it is probably not applicable . . . I just wasn't sure and thought I would throw it out there!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #5  

oh yes i see where you're coming from.

only using IP packets, 3 a day, one restricted (for breakfast), veggies are broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, squash, bean sprouts, cauliflower. nothing new or different than from when i started.

was thinking of doing away with the restricted item (bars) in the hopes of jump starting some more loss, but figured if i eat them ONLY in the morning it should burn away by the end of the day.

maybe its just hormones. very annoying though - hope it goes away soon.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #6  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Squash isn't permitted in my protocol, but I have noticed some slight differences in what people post. Also, I have the same thing happen to me but it has been after a "fruity" type packet: Orange drink, pinapple/banana, and one of the other "fruity" ones.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsilrac View Post
oh yes i see where you're coming from.

only using IP packets, 3 a day, one restricted (for breakfast), veggies are broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, squash, bean sprouts, cauliflower. nothing new or different than from when i started.

was thinking of doing away with the restricted item (bars) in the hopes of jump starting some more loss, but figured if i eat them ONLY in the morning it should burn away by the end of the day.

maybe its just hormones. very annoying though - hope it goes away soon.
Hey there Elsilrac, I am originally from Kaplan but live in Gulfport Ms now. Just wanted to invite you to stop by the thread I started for MS/LA IP users. Stop by and say HI. There are a few people that are on the thread that have found out they go to the same clinic so here is a link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3980360
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #8  

paint lady - you're right, no squash on mine either. luckily i only had it once and it was a tiny one. but that was over a week ago. oops, but still lost 2 lbs.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #9  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

I believe when squash is not permitted, they are reffering to winter squash, not zucchini, crookneck or patty pan but I am going in for my WI tomorrow, I will ask.
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote