Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Atkins Products

Just curious...does anyone ever use Atkins products (for variety) like the Nashua products? If so, what have your results been like? Thanks!
New2IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #2  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

I must admit I have...in moderation, as they are higher in fat by alot. But, that said, they are very satisfying and can avert a cheat if you need a sweet treat. Hasn't stopped losses but I do suspect I would be losing more each week if I didn't stretch the boundaries! It is ok for me tho, I know everyone won't agree, but in my personal case it can be the difference between success and failure.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

That is ALL I use. I have 2 shakes each day and a bar each night. I'm picky about my bars and won't go under 10g of protein but I haven't had one I didn't like. I have lost 20lbs in 6 weeks. (Last week was TOM and my loss stunk!)

My sister in law is on her second week using Atkins products and is losing fast also.

I've been given IP packets from friends and they still sit in my cupboard. I'm totally satistfied with Atkins at this point and am saving those for when I get bored with it.

This is the only way I could afford to do it and I promised my husband as long as I'm still losing every week I will do it this way. If my losses slow I may get more IP products from my friend down the road.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

I have had the occasional Atkins bar since I started IP. I used to keep them around for my 16-year-old daughter, who really likes them but is limiting her carbs to lose a little weight. I absolutely love the peanut butter cups! They are better than the real thing to me. I also really like the caramel nut bar. It reminds me of Snickers, which I dearly love. Anyway, the few times I endulged did not slow me down. I choose not to keep them around now because I don't want to make it a habit. They are kind of a trigger for me at times.

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I haven't, but am considering using them once I get into later phases as a way to have a treat (peanut butter cups or caramel nut bar) and still stay within the confines of P4. Or even as a post workout recovery shake in P4. Right now I am very content with IP and their products and am going to stay with them as long as I can.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #6  

I've never had the peanut butter cups because I stick with the ones that say Atkins Advantage. I also plan on buying them once I'm in maintenance because I LOVE the mudslide and choc chip cookie dough bars and would totally snack on them rather than something horrible for me. I also see myself buying the shakes to have in my coffee even when I'm in Phase 4 because I LOVE the taste and I'm lazy when it comes to breakfast during the week.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I've never had the peanut butter cups because I stick with the ones that say Atkins Advantage. I also plan on buying them once I'm in maintenance because I LOVE the mudslide and choc chip cookie dough bars and would totally snack on them rather than something horrible for me. I also see myself buying the shakes to have in my coffee even when I'm in Phase 4 because I LOVE the taste and I'm lazy when it comes to breakfast during the week.
How are the ones that say Advantage different from the ones that say Endulge or Daybreak? I would guess the Daybreak ones are for breakfast, but don't know why exactly?? Thanks!
New2IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #8  

I couldn't even tell you since I haven't looked at the others. I have a friend who did 7 weeks on IP products and then switched to Atkins to lose the remainder of her weight and the advantage bars are all she used so I just use those too. I will check them out next time I'm at the store though.