Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Default Has anyone attempted to bread anything?

I just saw a recipe today that uses sesame seeds as a breading on chicken and it got me thinking. So, has anyone come up with a faux breading?
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #2  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

I think some people have used like 1/3 of a packet of crushed up Southwest Cheese Curls as breading. Don't know if sesame seeds are allowed.
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
I just saw a recipe today that uses sesame seeds as a breading on chicken and it got me thinking. So, has anyone come up with a faux breading?
you can crush up the puff type snacks
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #4  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

the puffs are good that way, also the white chedder is good too... yesterday I coated my vegetables in brocolli chedder soup and roasted... and the left over soup mix I rolled my chicken in it and sauteed it... It was very good that way too. I am thinking the crepe or the pancake mixes might be good too... like to make an orange chicken use the orange pancake mix... Haven't tried the pancake mixes yet so it is just a thought... I like the crepes as I make pizza shells with them.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #5  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
the puffs are good that way, also the white chedder is good too... yesterday I coated my vegetables in brocolli chedder soup and roasted... and the left over soup mix I rolled my chicken in it and sauteed it... It was very good that way too. I am thinking the crepe or the pancake mixes might be good too... like to make an orange chicken use the orange pancake mix... Haven't tried the pancake mixes yet so it is just a thought... I like the crepes as I make pizza shells with them.

What is your pizza shell recipe?
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #6  

Oh boy I don't know if I am willing to give up one of my packets to do it haha! especially a restricted. Good Ideas though! and oopsie I have been eating sesame seeds in my stir-fry?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #7  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

crepe packet, 1/2 tsp baking powder (when I remember to add it, works without it too) 1 tsp foccachia spice or Italian blend, add enough water to make it to a dough consistancy spread on pizza stone with wet hands (that way doesn't stick to your hands). bake about 10 min on each side at 350 bring out top with whatever you want pop it back in oven to cook the veg you have on it and that is it. pizza.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

So, I wasn't trying to bread anything but I was hurrying while cooking some chicken breasts (pan sauteeing with pam spray and a little olive oil and my sea salt). I sprinkled a little too heavily with Mrs Dash seasoning (onion and herb) -- it coated the chicken. I cooked them with a little added water in the pan and the top on and the seasoning kind of created a breading type thing. Now, it wasn't really crispy mind you, but kind of gave the illusion of a highly seasoned coating. I found I really liked it when I ate the chicken breast cold from the fridge the next day, I scraped up more of the seasoning (it solidified a bit in the container). It felt oddly decadent.

You could potentially use an egg white dip and something like that to actually get a crispier product maybe?
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
So, I wasn't trying to bread anything but I was hurrying while cooking some chicken breasts (pan sauteeing with pam spray and a little olive oil and my sea salt). I sprinkled a little too heavily with Mrs Dash seasoning (onion and herb) -- it coated the chicken. I cooked them with a little added water in the pan and the top on and the seasoning kind of created a breading type thing. Now, it wasn't really crispy mind you, but kind of gave the illusion of a highly seasoned coating. I found I really liked it when I ate the chicken breast cold from the fridge the next day, I scraped up more of the seasoning (it solidified a bit in the container). It felt oddly decadent.

You could potentially use an egg white dip and something like that to actually get a crispier product maybe?
hmmmm...going to have to try this. Ill have to buy some of that Mrs. Dash
Old 08-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

I have used the orange pancake to roll pre-cooked chunks of chicken in and fry them to make an orange chicken-like creation that turned out really well. I just split it into two and ate half for lunch and half for dinner so I didn't double up my protein.
I have also coated cauliflower, zucchini, and other various vegetable in the omelet (with less water than called for) and baked it. That is always delicious.
Sometime this week I am going to try and use the plain crepe to make a sort of pigs-in-a-blanket type thing. We will see how that goes.

...I use sesame seeds. Are they really not allowed? I can't imagine why not.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #11  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

the crepe packet works great on chicken.

add some rosemary or oregano and stir together (dry)
remove skin and rinse chicken drumsticks, pat dry. dip in egg white and then in the crepe mix. Spray a cookie sheet with evoo and cook the breasts at 425 for the first 10 minutes, then turn down to 350 for another 30-35 minutes. Turn once or twice and you may want to spray 1-2 times with a bit more olive oil so they crisp up. Serve with a greek salad.

or
crush up a packet of soy nuts to a breadcrumb- like consistency, add salt and pepper. Get pork cutlets and pound out to about 1/4" thick. dip in some egg white and then into the soy nuts. Saute in olive oil for about 1-2 minutes on each side.

either of these work with different combos of seasoning (cajun, mexican, etc.) and are very wonderfully crunchy.

Last edited by Rocky Monarch; 08-04-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote