Old 07-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #16  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

yES..the oatmeal would be non restricted..
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #17  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Diet Direct . com has the Protidiet products and free shipping at $49.

Thank can make a difference in smaller orders. I'm going to order the oatmeal now that I see that it's not restricted!
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #18  
Working on the Last 10!

I put in an order at Diet direct last night. Here's what I'm trying this week.

Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie - I had a sample packet and liked it.
Vegetarian Joe - I had a sample packet and liked it.
Protidiet Oatmeal - I read yesterday that it's not restricted.
Cream of chicken and vegetable soup - i had a sample and liked it
Dark Chocolate and Butterscotch protein pudding - reviews were good

I hope I like everything after I've eaten it more than once.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

I received my order on Saturday. The honey nut cereal, New York Cheesecake shake/pudding and yogurt covered cookie all all fantastic. I'm taking the veggie beef soup, cream of broccoli, chocolate drink and grapefruit drink to work with me this week along with the cereal. If they are all as good as the three I have tried, this is going to be a fantastic alternative :-)
cadenlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:48 AM   #20  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Okay..how are you eating the yougurt covered cookie??? i thought the proti diet cookies had aspartame in them? and i thought they were too high in carb count? and calories? what did you think of the new york cheescake pudding?? How do you eat the honey nut cereal????? Do you add milk?? cause i thought we are only allowed 1 oz??? of milk???

Ive wanted to try the cereal...but i thought we werent allowed more than 1oz of milk...do you sub milk for something else??
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #21  

The cookie was one of the freebe items I got because I ordered over $29 worth of stuff. It didn't have the ingredient list on the individual package, but everything that I had eaten that day was 5 carbs or less (plus I can't find the cookie on their website). I don't intentially consume things with Sweet n Low in them, but I did drink about 300 oz of stuff that I thought had Splenda in it when it did not - I still lost 2.5 lbs that week. Again, I don't make a habit of it and stopped as soon as I realized it had Sweet n Low in it (and gave it away because it was really tasty!!) but maybe I'm not as sensitive to it as others are, not sure. Cheesecake was amazing and the cereal was equally as good (I ate the cereal dry because 1) I had no milk and 2) 1 oz isn't enough). I'm looking forward to the variety of stuff.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #22  
Porthardygurl

hmmm...going to have to try it out..what company did you get the new york cheescake pudding/shake from? What cereal did you try?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 139/???/124

Height: 5'5''

Does anyone try the dinner packages? (HealthSmart, Weight Loss Systems, ProtiDiet...) I want to know before to make an order if they are in packages like the Spaghetti/Chili from IP and what about taste? And i'm asking too; the one that comes in "1 dinner" .. how does it work? Is it powder too? Cause i'm not sure that the pork will be good after 5 day shipping to home! :P Thanks!
francess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #24  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by francess View Post
Does anyone try the dinner packages? (HealthSmart, Weight Loss Systems, ProtiDiet...) I want to know before to make an order if they are in packages like the Spaghetti/Chili from IP and what about taste? And i'm asking too; the one that comes in "1 dinner" .. how does it work? Is it powder too? Cause i'm not sure that the pork will be good after 5 day shipping to home! :P Thanks!
I got a sample of the tex mex chicken and veggies packet from weight loss systems.. its powder and what you do is add water..like 4 ounces and then you stir it and let it sit..im not sure if i like it though..it has an odd texture..its not like what you imagine it to be..i believe it is freeze dried...and i think there is textured soy protein in it..for pat of the protein..

So..cant speak for the other ones..but that was my experience..i didnt think it was worth using it for a restricted..
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
hmmm...going to have to try it out..what company did you get the new york cheescake pudding/shake from? What cereal did you try?
The NY Cheesecake was from their house brand HealthSmart. It's the only pudding with Splenda. ProtiDiet has chocolate and vanilla with splenda, but all of HealthSmart's pudding have Sweet n Low except the NY Cheesecake. Teh Lemonade, Grape, Orangeade, Peach Mango and Pineapple fruit drinks also have Sweet n Low but the rest do not (I ordered the sweet n low free variety pack), all the gelatin has Sweet n Low, all the hot chocolate except the Sweet n Low free one, all the cappuccino, the chocolate shake all have sweet n low. I had the beef and veggie soup yesterday (there were about 8 dried carrot pieces that I took out) and it was really good. Not sure what I'm going to have for lunch today, I brought a variety with me to work, but I anticipate that it will be fantastic! I didn't buy any of the packaged dinners yet, but that might be on my shopping list for next month.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #26  
Working on the Last 10!

I had a sample packet of the Vegetarian Joe (sloppy joe) that I really liked, so I ordered some on Sunday. It's a packet. Add water and microwave. The serving isn't very big but with a salad it was fine.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #27  

I placed an order at Nashua Nutrition and used a promo code PD10 which gave me 10% discount. Hope this helps
zozylya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by francess View Post
I was on Medifast and grew tired of the soups. I like something hot and savory for my lunch. Someone mentioned Nashua and I looked through their site and decided on the Weight Loss Systems foods. A box of 7 pasta or stew means is about $6 less than the Medifast soups and so much more hearty. I think they average 10-20 calories more, but it's so worth it! I've had the Spicy cheese 'n pasta (yum), cheese steak macaroni (tastes less cheesy--more like beef stroganoff, again yum) and Tex Mex veggie with chik'n (yum with a little salsa to kick it up a bit). Today we're trying beefy vegetable pasta. I'm totally sold so far!

And if you google nashua nutrition coupons, you should find some somewhere, although I haven't attempted to use any of them.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 132.5/116.2/120

Height: 5'5"

I just placed my first order with the Proti -Thin products. i looked at the ingredients from the IP packets and it seemed pretty similar. I bought the chocolate covered soy puffs and a few different kinds of bars. I wish I had looked at this site before I ordered because I would have used the coupon code!

Anyway it's much cheaper than IP and since I'm on maintenance and only need one pack a day for snack this should last me a while. I hope everything tastes good and it doesnt mess me up!
Susank2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #30  

I have been weighing myself everyday since I started using the alternative products - I'm on target to lose at least 2.5 lbs which is my average. So it hasn't affected me at all for now - I hope it continues to not affect me