Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 07:50 AM   #1  

Angry Time for SERIOUS FUN #5

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to lose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:01 AM   #2  

HAPPY FATHERS DAY
You all can let your hubby's or significant others that I wished them a Happy Daddy day....

I had a bit of a binge on the baked goods yesterday that I was baking for the dads . I made hubby a pumpkin pie, then I made whoopie pies and cinnomon rolls....and seemed to think I needed to test taste them all? But, today is another day and I will be back on track, so do not pity me!!! You did not put the food in my mouth and I was totally aware of what I was doing, and I enjoyed it.....but it's over and I am back......TA DA....ALL FIXED.

Missy: I think we loose you on the weekend? Hope you are having a nice one.

Jana: Hope all is well with you too.

Deon: {{{Hugs for you}}}

Faye: Good morning dear posting buddy.

Michelle: I think we loose you on the weekends too, hope yours is going well.

Hello to everyone else too, did not mean to miss you, but my brain is still in sleep mode this morning...

Tootles,
PEEK
Old 06-15-2003, 08:09 AM   #3  

SUNDAY: It is Silly Poll Sunday. This is a just a bit of fun for your day!

YOU HAVE A GENIE AND HE GIVES YOU 3 WISHES. WHAT WOULD THEY BE?

Deon: Honey, you HAVE to give yourself a break right now. You have a huge amount going on in your life and for one thing, you have to try and drop your stress level. I know it is going to be difficult with all that is going on, but you have to do SOMETHING for even 1/2 an hour a day to get it under control some. I would suggest whatever is your choice for exercise to do it even if it means getting up when everyone else is asleep. It will at least probably help you to keep from gaining if your food choices aren't good right nmow and can really relieve stress as long as you concentrate on what you are doing and not on everything around you for that time. YOU REALLY NEED TO DO THIS! I also want you to think about coming here often so we can be your meeting for right now. You obviously are a person who does better on accountability and we can try and help you there. We ALL will, I know it! I am just an e-mail away and I check it often throughout the day.

Looks like we have some sun for a little while, but the clouds are moving in so I sure hope I can get to the pool.

I am irked at dd again. BIG surprise. They were supposed to take Jack out for lunch for Father's Day yesterday and she never even called! My grandson is going with his father and other grandparents on a vacation for a week today so I guess that is that! She is such a jerk!

My three wishes would be:

1. To spend a lot more time with my grandson than happens now
2. Debt free
3. Get a job I really like

Well, I am going to go. I will check in later to see what's up!

Faye
Old 06-15-2003, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that I am back. That is until I find out if I have to move or not. Would wish someone Happy Father's day but I would be told that I am trying to manipulate him so why bother. Ds's father is no where to be found and to me that isn't so surprising seeing how he wont even try to support him. Ok enough said there.

Three wishes HHHHMMMMMMMM!
1. That I would have found this site sooner than I did. Maybe I would have kept us the loss last time and not gainned it back.
2. To have a job that is strictly day shift. That way my son would have me around more than he does right now.
3. To know four years ago what I know now. Things have been a rough bumpy ride but I think that I wouldn't have made the same choices.

This week has been one full of food ups and downs. Mainly I have been really good. Yesterday I had some chips, pork rinds, and cheesecake. All of which I should have passes on, but by eating them I have made a discovery. I have found that after I eat them I get sick to my stomach and I don't want that so I am more determined not to eat them.

Got to work today so I guess that my workout will be all the walking that I get in at work. Hope to get in an ab workout after work. Here's to a wonderful day to everyone.

sandy
Old 06-15-2003, 09:54 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

G'day Ladies,

****looking around for Paul Hogan****** lol

Faye - aww, I wish you could spend more time with DGS, too. But at least he doesn't live too far away. My good friend's DD moved to California and now she only sees grandkids 2x a year. Did you find a stylist you think you will like? The relationship of a woman and her stylist is almost as important as her matrimonial one, lol.

Deon - hope your grandparents are doing alright. I know that puts a lot of stress on you, but just come here and vent, okay?

Peek - you are such a sweetie to keep the threads manageble. My browser and I both thank you!

Sandy - Happy Father's Day! Since you play the role of both parents, it's only fitting that you get to celebrate this day! In regards to the junk food - getting sick after you eat it is a blessing. You won't want to do that very often.

Elle - hope you stop back in after your vacation. We miss you and want to know if you caught a salmon!!

Oh Happy Day! I am down 3 1/4 more pounds this morning. Weight Watchers sure makes it do-able! I will be enjoying the discman as my reward. Yesterday I looked at jewery for a 25 pound reward, but haven't made a selection yet. DH offered to buy whatever I pick out, but I don't want him to. This is about me, for me. Does that make sense? It's all about me, lol! Seriously, I want to do this myself.

Have a happy Sunday,
Jana
Old 06-15-2003, 11:27 AM   #6  

Jana. it does make sense to me that it is all about you. To me if you do this yourself then nobody can take it away form you. That is your sense of accomplishment. That is more important. Keep it up!
Old 06-15-2003, 01:46 PM   #7  

First off: to Jana for her great loss! You buy something spectacular for yourself, you deserve it. No, I have not found someone for my hair. I am a huge hairstylist bigot for one thing! I find gay men are spectacular when it comes to doing hair. I know I know, but I am telling you, that in all these years the 2 stylists that have ever made me happy are both gay and men! I am so sad about Lee as he was terrific. He never seemed surprised at my hair color changes, never tried to sell me something I didn't need, hound me about what HE wanted out of my hair, only took the idea I had and made it look terrific and he was reasonable too! I am including the look I am going for below, though with a few changes, longer fringe on my forehead and clean lines on my neck and around my ears, otherwise, the hair starts to curl up.

I changed my avatar to David James Elliot. He is seriously easy on the eyes! Nothing like a sailor to make you happy when you are sad. I should know!

Sandy: You my dear are a singularly spectacular woman and like Jana said, our hats are off to you on this father's day for providing your son with both a great mom and a great dad! Sometimes our food choices make us find out the hard way to lay off them! Until I started getting real about weight loss, I was sick all the time. Everytime I ate, it was a sure trip to the bathroom with diarrhea because of the fat I was consuming and on top of that I had horrible nightly heartburn. It was awful. I do think you should substitute those goodies with low fat ones though. We all deserve that.

With that in mind, if anyone has a goodie recipe they want to share, please feel free. I am going to find Sandy a nice low fat cheesecake to substitute the high fat one!

Peek: I knew that ole pie and rolls etc were gonna getcha! They just sounded way too good to pass up especially since you were the author so to speak. Today is another day and what's done is done. Just go on from here (maybe give a few more reps on the ole exercise to counteract it? )

Michelle, Elle and Missy hope whatever you are doing, you are having fun at it today!

I did get my pool workout in. I told dh it is so great to find something you love to do and is exercise. He told me that maybe we can find someplace with an indoor pool where I could do stuff during the fall and winter instead of the walking if I want. It is so much better on my knee.

Well, ladies, I am going to go. Hope all of you with husband's, fathers etc are thanking them today!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-15-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 03:59 PM   #8  

Afternoon girlies,
How goes the day? Hope all the dads in the houses are having a nice day.

So Faye, who did you say that man is? Is he the one that you all spoke of the other day from the Jag show? At first I thought it may be your son or hubby and I was like wowzers what a hottie he is.....and what a lucky woman that is that has that...lol. By the way I LOVE THE HAIR STYLE, THINKING I WILL STEAL IT!!

Humm 3 wishes????
1. That I and my family are always blessed with good health
2. That I find my way to goal weight in the near future (1 year)
3. That finances are never a problem.

Those sound like winners to me....

Jana: I'm happy to keep the thread up to date for you and your browser.. I so enjoy your posts.

Sandy: hope the day is treating you well.

Tootles,
Peek

Last edited by peekabooangel; 06-15-2003 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #9  

Peek: Yeah, that is my husband. Uh-huh! No, you obviously don't watch the show. The guy that died was an Australian who I guess was a boxer before going into show business. This guy plays the main character Harmon Rabb. Now, let me tell you, believe it or not, there are a LOT of Naval pilots that look like this. I ain't a kiddin' I used to work with them when I was the big kahuna of our CUb Scout troop. He is a looker isn't he! You should see his real life wife. She is as gorgeous as he is. I am not sure about kids, but they are either terribly ugly or superiorly gorgeous! No two ways about it.

I was just checking back in while I waited for dinner to finish. Better get downstairs and check on it.

Faye
Old 06-15-2003, 10:21 PM   #10  

Evening all.

Faye love the style I just wish that I could be bold enough to carry something like that off. I have lots of hair comming out and I don't think that I ought to go that short as much as I love it though. Thanks for the looker that you are now using. A little something to brighten up everyones day. I appericate the offer of you finding a lowfat cheesecake for me. Food has went really well today. For that I am thankful.

Gotta go just checking in. I have to rise and shine in the morning I have to go to the dentist and have a tooth pulled. One of the things that I hate to go and have done to me. Here's to a wonderful monday ahead of everyone.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:20 PM   #11  

Yeah, I just thought feasting on something other than food and enjoying it just as much might be nice for a change! Years and years ago, my dh had this pilot in his squadron whose last name if I remember right was SanPaulo. This man was so incredibly gorgeous and the sweetest man you ever want to meet. Most of the pilots are pretty arrogant little jerks good looking or not, but this was truly a really nice guy.

Sandy: There is kind of a mixed concensus about hair loss and length. Some say shorter haircuts make the hair loss less obvious while others say you can cover more with longer hair. I think it is a toss up and you have to do what is the most comfortable for you. I am strictly a short short hair girl and have been for years. I think I only had long (shoulder length) hair once when I was about 8 or so and then in high school had a shag for awhile when I was dating my dh and it was popular, but other than that I have had short hair my whole life. Now, color that is another thing. I have been every shade of blond there is and an assortment of redheads. I am a natural blond that started going dishwater in junior high and have colored my hair ever since. It is a wonder I have any hair, but I do take good care of it hair product wise. I am truly truly lucky that even though I have super fine hair, it has body in it and it is easy to work with when it has a good basic cut.

Well, tomorrow is mission Monday. Be thinking of how you can accomplish a mission of tolerance. We will talk about it more tomorrow.

Faye
Old 06-16-2003, 06:40 AM   #12  

MONDAY: Mission Monday. Today's mission is tolerance.

We need to look within ourselves and practice weight loss tolerance. We need to learn to tolerate foods that are not so good for us. Understand they are not bad foods, just foods that will prohibite us reaching our goals. Tolerance for ourselves when we make bad food choices for a day, week, even a whole month. Understand that we are not perfect human beings and are going to fail once in a while, but that is alright. Tolerance for those who do not understand our struggle. We do not have to accept how they react to us, just understand their ignorance and know we are better.

I hope you ladies all have a great day. Concentrate on our mission for today and take it with you everyday. It will make a difference in how you view your weight loss journey.

I have discovered a couple little weight loss benefits this morning. I can now encircle my wrist with my thumb and forefinger and I can CROSS my legs. I was clowning around in the bed while dh was dressing (being naughty actually as I sleep nude ) and had my knees up and crossed my legs. Not much of an accomplishment for those of you ladies who only have 20-40 lbs to lose, but I couldn't see my feet until recently so this for me is a step in the right direction!

I am going to go downstairs and do my little chores and then go back to bed for awhile. I am not a late night person and was up late last night with a little stomachache so I am kind of tired still.

Check back in later!

TTFN
Faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-16-2003 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:37 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Holy snookies! Where'd ya get the EYE CANDY???
Dang, he is one cute hottie!

Uh, **distractedly**Good morning ladies,

I didn't get my wishes in yesterday - but I only have 1:whirled peas, lol!!!

As you can tell, I'm feeling fine today. We had a great day yesterday. Even my son was honored, since he is the twins; Godfather.

Okay, you guys have heard me b!tch about how bad my knee hurts, well, yesterday I was in the kitchen, and my knee crunched and popped - back into place! I can't tell you how much better it is!

Shoot - DH is picking this very moment to talk to me.... back soon.
Jana
Old 06-16-2003, 10:48 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Well, it's over an hour later, but here I am!

Giggles - Glad you understand where I'm coming from in regards to the rewards. Hope your dentist visit went well... maybe the Tooth Fairy will bring you Big Bucks, lol.

Faye - love the hairstyle for you. I am so tall (5' 9") it would make me look butch, lol. Congrats on the NSV, too!

Peek - Hope all your wishes come true.

The last couple of days I've been leaving some water in the pitcher I use for my daily amount, so today I told DD16 that if I don't drink it all, I'll pay her $5. And I made her promise she wouldn't sneak more into it, lol. That way I'm sure to finish it!

Better go and get busy!
Jana
Old 06-16-2003, 10:56 AM   #15  

Hey chicklets, I'm here, just at work, did not have time to pop in this a.m.

Jana: Good luck getting the water down, you can do it...I'm workig on the water factor again today too. I feel like I'm going to float away.

Sandy: Good luck at the dentist......hope it comes out without to much pain.

Faye: You crack me up. Love that you discovered new things about your weight loss, and I bet hubby loved the new discoveries too.....

Tolerence: Okay, I will tolerate myself not being perfect. I will accept that on occasion I will fall off the path of my journey. Now I need to work on getting back on the path once I take that wrong turn.....but today, I am on the straight and narrow so far.

Hugs to you all,
PEEK
Closed Thread