Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Country Workout DVDs?

I mainly do Zumba for exercise, but I've been wanting to add in some country. Any suggestions for good country/western/line dancing dvds? Something fun that's an actual workout?

Dance off the Inches offers 2 country dance dvds by Amy Blackburn (click links for preview video clips):

Country Line Dance (35 min/beginner)

and

Country Line Dance Party (40 min/beginner-intermediate)

Has anyone tried either of these? What are your thoughts? The first (beginner) video looks as vigorous as Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease (fun and nice-looking, but not really a workout). I'll probably go see which of these videos Walmart has. Or let me know if you have any other country workout dvd suggestions.

Thanks!
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #2  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I am interested too. I looked at the short clips. I think I prefer Country Line Dance Party. I put it on my Amazon list for my next order.
Let me know if you decide to buy one and how you like it.

Last edited by josey; 08-03-2011 at 03:40 PM.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

I bought Country Line Dance Party! from Walmart yesterday for $9. I only had time for the 15 minute Steps Guide and the Warmup (total 20 min), but I like it so far They're mixing in country steps with fitness steps, so I think it'll be a decent workout. Do the Steps Guide first, so you know the dance steps during the walk-throughs. I'll repost after I try the entire dvd (hopefully this evening).
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #4  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretgirl View Post
I bought Country Line Dance Party! from Walmart yesterday for $9. I only had time for the 15 minute Steps Guide and the Warmup (total 20 min), but I like it so far They're mixing in country steps with fitness steps, so I think it'll be a decent workout. Do the Steps Guide first, so you know the dance steps during the walk-throughs. I'll repost after I try the entire dvd (hopefully this evening).
Sounds good. I will check Walmart too before I order at Amazon. It is $19 here in Canada but Walmart might be cheaper than Amazon.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote