Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #1  

Default feeling terrible at the end of week 2

Hi, ive tomorrow will be the end of my 2nd week on IP. the first week went very well, i felt great and had a 8lb lose. the second week however, i am so tired i can barely function, all i wanna do is sleep, im getting terrible headaches and i have been getting dizzy when changeing positions. and ive lost 0lbs

has anyone else felt like this.....any ideas on things to do to make me feel better?

i see my coach tomorrow so i will talk with her about it as well, but this forum has given my way more info than she has.

thanks!

Last edited by deckermommy; 08-03-2011 at 10:21 AM.
deckermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #2  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

that's the way I feel although I'm just on my fifth day - minus the headaches. I was so dizzy the other night that it kinda scared me. My son was in town for the weekend and when I told him I was so dizzzy he told me I better not have a stroke because he had to catch a plane - now that's sympathy for you! LOL I'm a bit dizzy again this morning.

I am going to weigh in and I sure do hope I lose. I am going to ask her about these issues and I'll let you know what she says.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #3  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckermommy View Post
Hi, ive tomorrow will be the end of my 2nd week on IP. the first week went very well, i felt great and had a 8lb lose. the second week however, i am so tired i can barely function, all i wanna do is sleep, im getting terrible headaches and i have been getting dizzy when changeing positions. and ive lost 0lbs

has anyone else felt like this.....any ideas on things to do to make me feel better?

i see my coach tomorrow so i will talk with her about it as well, but this forum has given my way more info than she has.

thanks!
It will pass. For the dizziness...take a shot of the sea salt. That will help with the headaches. You get dizzy from your body detoxing and the lack of potassium. That's why it's important to take that "shot" everday and your vitamins. Stick with it...it will get better.
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #4  
On my last diet

I asked my coach about the salt because I am totally confused by it. I have high blood pressure and I'm supposed to stay away from salt. The other day, I was kind of puffy and my feet especially felt stretched. I asked her about it when she called and she said it was the MAXIMUM salt we could have but that we didn't have to. Which sounds like the complete opposite of what I've read on here and also on the instruction sheet I received.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

I felt iky during week two also. My doctor gave me something called ProtiFood which is an amino acid of sorts. It helps the body absorb the protien from what I understand. He also upped my Potassium intake. It worked and in a couple days I was back to normal! I would talk to your coach. Good luck!
cadenlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

In addition to the suggestions above (increasing salt and potassium), I have read that if you are fatigued in the second week or beyond it is often due to having too many carbs. Now every person is different, so your threshold will be different but perhaps there are some veggies that are maybe a bit too high for you at this stage or you are consuming restricteds that are keeping you from progressing into ketosis? Just a thought.

As for the salt, I believe that the natural sea salt provided by IP does not cause the same water rention and BP issues. Something about a different chemical or molecular reaction (as compared to iodized table salt). Don't quote me on this. But, consider that you are likely peeing a whole lot more (a consequence of a high protein diet) and losing more fluids than you typically might - sodium and potassium help to restore electrolyte balance. I was told the amount on the sheet is a minimum (not a maximum) and I find myself consuming more if I drink a lot of water, sweat or exercise a lot, feel dizzy. Definitely a good question for your coach though!

Hope you feel better soon!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #7  

Thx! I did speak with my coach and she told me up my salt and potassium. I am feeling a better since adding salt to my water and drinking it.

I've been eating really trying to watch my veggie, I've been sticking with broccoli, cauliflower, celery and cucumbers.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
deckermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I think it was about that time that I kept getting dizzy. I kept eating some more sea salt and that helped.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #9  
On my last diet

Okay I'm going with the consensus - it does say that the salt is mandatory on the sheet and all you folks agree is it the minimum so I'll keep adding it. I add it to my water because I'm so not used to salting food.

Hope you feel better soon Deckermommy