Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wed, 8/3

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning fellow IPers! Today is going to be another scorcher in Oklahoma (we could break an all time record for the hottest day which would mean a temperature above 113). My AC went out last night (not that I blame it as it's been getting a work out with 40 days over 100 degrees this summer), but the lovely BF fixed it last night! I've been OP with the exception of two times and I'm feeling great! NSV yesterday - I went to see one of my friends that I haven't seen in a while. She was amazed at my weight loss. It makes you feel good when people notice and makes it so much easier to stay OP and not give into the cupcakes at the office . Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning IPers. It's Wi day for me. I'm down 2 lbs. I'm not out of the 190s yet, but I'm sooo close! I have my eye on 10 lbs lost in August so I'm buckling down- which will be extra difficult while traveling this week...180s here I come!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Woke up to a beautiful day! Wish I was back to running again because it was a perfect morning for a run. Only 67 degress, no humidity, no wind at all....wonderful! It is supposed to heat up to only about 90 today so that's a welcome change.

I was up a little more this morning so I'm going in the wrong direction. Didn't eat anything off plan so I know it's good ole' TOM causing trouble and I'm not stressing. I haven't "gone" to the bathroom in a few days either so that could be the culprit. I took an extra senekot this morning hoping to get things going and I'm crossing my fingers I don't go the other direction and end up in the bathroom all day at work. In 42 days I have gone off once, Saturday and the 1 string cheese episode, so I'm super proud of myself but it makes me feel like I could've eaten any of the junk at Grandma's last week and still been in this spot. It doesn't mean I will go off the deep end and cheat, especially not the day before weigh in. Please woosh fairy visit me tonight.

Good luck to those with Wednesday weigh ins!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Don't forget to log your weight this week if you are doing the second part of summer spreadsheet challenge!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...challenge.html
Old 08-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #6  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning..I am facing another hot day in eastern washington. going to do my gardening and workout early.
Well I was OP yesterday but ate the mushroom soup which is really high salt..Today I am up half a pound.

Good news..The Heinz low carb catsup is delicious.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you
Luv2B. I am seriously quitting after friday's weigh-in if I haven't lost, it is such a waste of money and effort to see NO results.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #8  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all, feel so much better than yesterday. All that TOM bloating went away, why couldn't I have had a WI today haha
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #9  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Would you ask your coaches, it they have had anyone stay at the same weight for 19 days? I am so discouraged, I have not cheated once and have switched things up per my coach and still weighing the same every day! I could understand it if I was close to a normal weight, but I am not, I have a lot to lose. HELP! Where are you
Luv2B. I am seriously quitting after friday's weigh-in if I haven't lost, it is such a waste of money and effort to see NO results.
Are you still losing inches?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Just wondering if you have brought your food log to your coach. I know that my coach is more than happy to look at our logs and give us suggestions to improve our weight loss.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
Just wondering if you have brought your food log to your coach. I know that my coach is more than happy to look at our logs and give us suggestions to improve our weight loss.
Yes, I have and I have gone over it a little with Luv2b, My coach says I should be losing, doing everything to the letter. I started July 1st and have not even had so much as a crumb off program. I walk 3 miles every other day, which my coach approved from the begining, since I alread was doing it. I feel like I am being "scammed", all these people say they cheated and lost, I am not cheating and I am not losing. My bowels are fine haven't had any trouble in that department. I know I am a slow loser, I quit WW after 3 months, because I only lost 3 lbs. My doctor thought this would work, so very discouraged.

I get my measurements on friday again, my coach doesn't do it every week. Seh seems to be at a loss , as to why I am not losing.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #12  

Bellamack, I posted this last night but don't know if you saw it. I attribute my loss this week to eating more fish and asparagus Here is what I wrote!

Let me tell you what I ate the last 3 days! Breakfast: cappuccino Lunch: big salad with cukes, radishes, other stuff and made my own dressing (1tsp EVOO, 1 TSPB of apple cider vinegar, splenda and 1 chopped green onion) 2 egg whites and then make pudding cakes. Supper: 8 oz fish steamed in a Zip and Steam bag, lettuce with WF dressing, and 2 cups asparagus. Snack: a wildberry yogurt smoothie (I just make it with ice)

I really think that eating the fish and asparagus for 3 days before weigh in really helped!! And I drank 3/4 gallon of water.

See if that helps!!

Oh , I also had some Miralax for 2 days to help me go! Very gentle, no cramping or diarrhea with it.

Last edited by sandyh50; 08-03-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #13  

Quote:
Have you been to a doctor to see if your thyroid is functioning properly? I sure feel for you. Oh, I just saw your post where your doctor thought this would work. Did he check your thyroid? Do you check your urine to see if you are actually in ketosis?Just some thoughts.

Last edited by sandyh50; 08-03-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I will ask my coach tonight. I have my weigh-in after work today. You poor thing. I am discouraged after saying the same for 4 days. I would seriously be upset after 19 too.

I can't believe that 100+ degree weather in Oklahoma. How do you even live there? We have the opposite problem here. We've barely had a couple days over 80 this summer and nothing close to 90. The good part of that is that I don't need to buy shorts, as none of mine fit!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #15  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Yes, I have and I have gone over it a little with Luv2b, My coach says I should be losing, doing everything to the letter. I started July 1st and have not even had so much as a crumb off program. I walk 3 miles every other day, which my coach approved from the begining, since I alread was doing it. I feel like I am being "scammed", all these people say they cheated and lost, I am not cheating and I am not losing. My bowels are fine haven't had any trouble in that department. I know I am a slow loser, I quit WW after 3 months, because I only lost 3 lbs. My doctor thought this would work, so very discouraged.

I get my measurements on friday again, my coach doesn't do it every week. Seh seems to be at a loss , as to why I am not losing.
I wonder if you are going into starvation mode. Are you hungry? If so, make sure that you are eating vegetables or having another (low carb) product when you are. There are times when I lose more when I eat more.
Closed Thread