Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Default Whats your NUMBER ONE reason?

Are you having health problems?
Do you want to impress old boyfriends/girlfriends?
Do you want to be more confident?

Whats your NUMBER ONE reason for wanting to drop the weight??

I'm feeling a little discouraged and I want to know why most of you ladies and gentlemen are in this..
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I just want to look good for myself...and to be healthier and stronger overall.
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/159/169

Height: 5'6.5''

I'm 48-My son is 19-I want to be a healthy grandma..not too soon,of course.
singing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by singing View Post
I'm 48-My son is 19-I want to be a healthy grandma..not too soon,of course.
Yeah, I'm 19, and I'm not near ready to be a mommy! So yeah, not too soon

And so solely health?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

I am doing it for my health first and foremost, and then to look good after that. I am a type II diabetic, that cannot handle any extra weight without my sugars going out of whack.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowter View Post
I am doing it for my health first and foremost, and then to look good after that. I am a type II diabetic, that cannot handle any extra weight without my sugars going out of whack.
That's a very important reason. It's good that a lot of peoples main reason is for health, and for themselves.

I feel shallow, but my main reason is that I feel like I'm watching my life pass me by because I'm not happy when I leave the house.
I want to shop, hang with my friends and boyfriend without feeling like the fatty in the group.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #7  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

I don't think I have just ONE reason. I know, I'm new and already stepping out of line!! :P Seriously ... health is a big one, confidence would be the second. I would say "relationships" ... but honestly, if my self-confidence increases, I have no doubt that my relationships with others will improve.

Regarding my health, I'm 28 and earlier this year, I started having knee and heel pain. This was a HUGE wake-up call for me. Time for a CHANGE, for good.
PghGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #8  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

I have been unhappy about my weight for a while.. we moved and had a pool. My husband snapped a pic of me in my(former) swimsuit. And sent it to me with a sexy and sweet letter and even though he was likeing it I saw it and was like wtf.... I look terrible. So I initialy went swimsuit shopping.. but they all made me look fat... I decided it wasn't the suits makeing me look fat that it was me and I decided ib was not going to buy a new one I was gonna get backbinto mysit from 2years and 20lbs ago... now it fits great and I am feeling so much better anout me, but I can't wait to see another 30disapear!!!!!
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

I want to live a healthy lifestyle and be a healthy weight to be a great example for my two daughters. I want them to see their mother eat well and exercise and stay active and have confidence.

My girls have always been my motivation and my main source of why I do a lot to better my life.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brillmama2 View Post
I have been unhappy about my weight for a while.. we moved and had a pool. My husband snapped a pic of me in my(former) swimsuit. And sent it to me with a sexy and sweet letter and even though he was likeing it I saw it and was like wtf.... I look terrible. So I initialy went swimsuit shopping.. but they all made me look fat... I decided it wasn't the suits makeing me look fat that it was me and I decided ib was not going to buy a new one I was gonna get backbinto mysit from 2years and 20lbs ago... now it fits great and I am feeling so much better anout me, but I can't wait to see another 30disapear!!!!!
Amazing what 30lb difference can make. That's about how much I am trying to lose.
And it was very sweet of your husband to do that, but I don't think he was trying to be sweet. He just loved you how you were what does he say now that you've dropped 30lbs??
Congrats btw. Very inspirational.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyCheeks View Post
I feel shallow, but my main reason is that I feel like I'm watching my life pass me by because I'm not happy when I leave the house.
I want to shop, hang with my friends and boyfriend without feeling like the fatty in the group.
That's far from shallow...If that's what will make you happy, then that's not shallow.

The quest for inner peace and happiness in one's life will be different for each and every one of us. Some of us feel comfortable in our skins at any size, and some of us do not. If losing weight is part of your search for happiness, then you should be proud of yourself for taking the step to get there....
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #12  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

I want to feel good about myself for the first time. I always yo-yo'ed, but a yr after having my son I hit obese. I feel like there is so much I am missing out on. I am afraid to go on the trampoline with the kids (what if I break it), I can barely run without hurting myself, the list goes on. I want to be a healthy role model for them. Plus, I'd love the be the MILF again. lol. It's been a long time.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/135

Height: 5' 3.5"

I have a bunch of "saintly" reasons I could give, and they are good reasons:
5 kids and 1 grandchild and I want to be healthy for them
Lower my risk of breast cancer which runs in my family
Better overall health

But the real reason? I want to look good for my husband

And it works. Whenever I think about quitting on a workout or having a food that doesn't fit my calorie goals or work for me, I start to think about how nice it will be to look good for my husband. In a bathing suit. In a dress. In lingerie To feel confident in my body would be a huge gift I can give him. And myself!

Shallow, but there it is!

After 25 years of marriage I can confidently say that he would be somewhat bothered by this focus of mine, because he loves me, all of me, no matter what. But he deserves the best I can give him, for as long as I can give it to him-which is where improved health and lowering risk comes in- and I intend to do just that!
H82Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowter View Post
That's far from shallow...If that's what will make you happy, then that's not shallow.

The quest for inner peace and happiness in one's life will be different for each and every one of us. Some of us feel comfortable in our skins at any size, and some of us do not. If losing weight is part of your search for happiness, then you should be proud of yourself for taking the step to get there....
Thanks, we should all be proud. Everyone here is taking that step.
And yeah, I'm not one of those people that walk around feeling fat, and not care about it. I don't see how anyone can!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220.2/211.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Many reasons - perhaps i shuld start a "Reason-of-the-day" calendar.
Health is a big one - knees starting to hurt, ankles can't keep this up forever. Not yet diabetic but won't be long not if I don't change. Self-image, and lets face it, other image, is a part too. Strange how the only fat person I make excuses for is me. Role model for my kids, sexy for my husband, sexy for me. In many ways I just need to prove to myself that I can do this, that I can be the person I want to be. No more denial.
haggis is offline   Reply With Quote