Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Daily Chat - Tues, 8/2

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/179/150

Good Morning!
Today is a busy one for me. I am headed off to do more of my clinical for my HCA/PCA/NA. My instructor is coming so I hope all goes well! In the midst of moving, so that is stressful! I didn't get alot of sleep last night but ( couldn't shut my mind off!) lol. Lots to be done in the new place. Painting, cleaning, landscaping ect. But I am determined to stay OP and try to manage it all! Day by day is really all I can do. Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning all
Old 08-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Doing well so far! Tried one of my new bars last night (Strawberry Shortcake) and it was super yummy! Staying OP gets easier and easier with each passing day. I don't feel like a victim of my diet anymore and have embraced it as a short chapter in my new book . I am looking forward to starting a workout program in the near future as I am joining a gym. I would normally just walk and run outside, but with temps of 108-112 I would probably kill over dead from a heat stroke!! There is no end in site for this stupid heat dome that is over us - please tropical low pressure system, make your way into the Gulf without doing any damage then make your way to Oklahoma!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic, OP day!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #5  

Good morning. Stayed the same as yesterday again. Still waiting for that woosh fairy. Maybe her and TOM don't get along? Hope they can come to some sort of agreement and he will leave Wed morning so she can come Wed night just in time for my weigh in Thursday. I'd hate to lose under a pound in one week. Then again, I'm in the "dreaded 5th week" so maybe I'm doomed either way. Trying not too stress because I don't need one more thing keeping me from losing.

I played my wii fit again for a bit last night and my girls and I went on a walk. They were mad because it was hotter than heck but I just had to move. It was their WORST WALK EVER!

Good luck to those who weigh in today!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Good morning, on to my second day. So far so good, I did get hungry yesterday mid-afternoon so today I brought my 1 snack to have then. I do drink lots of water but still been having a headache since last night. Now that I found out that crystal light isn’t allowed, drinking water will be that much harder as I hate just plain water. I was happily surprised to find out that so far, all the food I’ve tried is pretty yummy!

Have a great day and keep up the good work

Christyne
Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning, on to my second day. So far so good, I did get hungry yesterday mid-afternoon so today I brought my 1 snack to have then. I do drink lots of water but still been having a headache since last night. Now that I found out that crystal light isn’t allowed, drinking water will be that much harder as I hate just plain water. I was happily surprised to find out that so far, all the food I’ve tried is pretty yummy!

Have a great day and keep up the good work

Christyne
You will get used to the water and anything you add to it will taste too "chemically" and you will want it plain. I went through that with Mio. I slowly drank less and less water with it and now if I do have some, it just tastes funky so I stick to plain or adding a little lemon here and there. Good luck with day 2!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Good morning all!
Had WI #11 yesterday, down 2.2. Feeling great...still trying to decide if I ultimately want to try the alternative products route for a few months at the end of August. I would love some feed back. I have 2 trips/events in Sept and my brothers wedding and a vacation in Oct, and although I plan to keep the same eating habits, I know I am going to want to have a few drinks. I just don't think it's right, knowing I am going to slow down my loss or even stop it and still pay $84 a week. Just some thoughts, I have not completely made up my mind yet.
Anyways, have a great day everyone!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Good morning. I was at work at 6 am this morning. But need to go across town at 7 am to weigh in. I did eat some of the chocolate puffs so I am not starving. I am trying not to drink anything to make the scale go up!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Tuesday! Off to work today after a nice 4 day weekend. I've started packing and prepping for our road trip Thursday. Hoping to not have the car ransacked at the border!
I've been looking forward to buying a nice dress for an upcoming wedding, but I'm stuck on what size to buy. I'm in some 12s now, so I'm thinking a snug 12 will be fine by the 27th. I'm aiming for 10 lbs this month and I have no idea how many lbs will move me into a new clothing size. If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate hearing it! I suppose I could always buy a 12 and a 10...
Other than planning for our trip, everything is quiet. I've been weighing daily (as usual) and waiting for a jump due to my off plan meal on the weekend, but I've stayed the same so far. My Wi tomorrow won't be stellar, but I am expecting some sort of loss.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Good morning all!

WI # 3 this morning...only down 1.1lbs I am trying to be positive about such a small loss (atleast it wasnt a 1.1 lb gain) and am moving towards week 4. Anyone else notice small losses during their TOM? I know it's not due to anything I have done cuz I have had no cheats since starting IP...just curious how it affects other's weigh ins....

Here's to another great week on IP
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Good morning all!
Had WI #11 yesterday, down 2.2. Feeling great...still trying to decide if I ultimately want to try the alternative products route for a few months at the end of August. I would love some feed back. I have 2 trips/events in Sept and my brothers wedding and a vacation in Oct, and although I plan to keep the same eating habits, I know I am going to want to have a few drinks. I just don't think it's right, knowing I am going to slow down my loss or even stop it and still pay $84 a week. Just some thoughts, I have not completely made up my mind yet.
Anyways, have a great day everyone!
I switched to alternatives this month since I have to buy my kiddos school clothes (I saved $200 by buying food online). So far, everthing I bought has been really good - better than IP i think. I ordered from Nashua Nutrition (I started a thread about it). I weigh in of Friday so I will see if it has stalled my weight loss any then, but for me it was the only option right now
Old 08-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post
Good morning all!

WI # 3 this morning...only down 1.1lbs I am trying to be positive about such a small loss (atleast it wasnt a 1.1 lb gain) and am moving towards week 4. Anyone else notice small losses during their TOM? I know it's not due to anything I have done cuz I have had no cheats since starting IP...just curious how it affects other's weigh ins....

Here's to another great week on IP
yay! I loss is a loss. Tom will be coming this weekend, so monday my coach said I shouldn't expect big losses. Just remember it's not a reflection of how you are eating, it's natural. Are bodies are going through major changes too, it's going to fluctuate and TOM doesn't help. just go easy on pickles and anything else that might make you retain water. My coach said some weeks I will see small numbers and big loss of inches, and visa versa. I see this loss as forver, so I want it to fall off slow so it doesn't even creep back up...EVER!
Enjoy your week.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #14  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Good Morning!

I use all alternative products and so far so good. I had been in the 150's for 6 months and this morning.... 140's!!!! Today is day 9 for me.

I'm so motivated to keep going. I was sure it wouldn't work for me and somehow it's working because my scale goes down daily. Maybe small but going down. Maybe this is revving up my metabolism! Protein and veggies, I love you!!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #15  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all, I had my WI this morning and don't think the scale and the TOM lady get along, cause i went back to 163....ARGH!!!!! oh well, down a total of 20 inches so that's a plus!!!
Also went shopping for some pants and bought a 10, it was so exciting!!! The tops went to a medium....hoping the next 20 come off a bit faster that the 7 weeks it took the first 20 ish lbs!!!
Closed Thread