Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/139

Height: 5'1

Smile extra help wth weight loss

hello everyone

been looking for forums that support losing weight i just started a month ago an was doing well down 15lbs, but getting harder with my family loving to eat all d time, i am doing qwlc program any info on how todo better
nikki nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome nikki nik! I believe that QWLC encourages eating healthy foods and about or up to 1500 cals a day. You should check out the Calorie Counting section here at 3fc.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/169/135

Height: 5ft 4"

Can you find healthy low calorie foods that your family will enjoy. I started switching out oil in my family's food and started incorporating spinach into rice, veggies into meats, veggies into juices. I also started making more "fake" fried chicken-no oil, did kebabs, oven grilled french fries, and even tho some of these are not the healthiest option, just by eliminating oil, you will be saving yourself some calories every time your family eats one of these meals. Try to keep your family eating at home as you have better control of what goes into the food.

I also switched up ice cream, bread and any other popular item in my house for lower calorie, lower fat alternatives....for sweet treats I use WW strawberry popsicle which is much less cal than regular and if your are tempted for a sweet treat you at least know what is available in the house.

Please take this advice with a grain of salt (I am no expert), but at your weight, losing 15lbs in 1 month is great, but be careful that you are not losing weight too quickly (I have seen my friend do a similar diet and was left sagging). The qwlc program seems to work well for weight loss, but given its restrictions, persons seem to fall of the wagon over time. A more sustained diet is probably going to be better and more practical for you in the long run. Maybe now that you have jump started your weight loss you can modify your diet and still see great (albeit slower) results. Other posters here are on a variety of other diets which seem to be a more sustainable plan. Personally I do calorie counting but low carb works for my friend
kimmieval is offline   Reply With Quote