Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/145/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Can't lose those last 5 lbs!

Hi everyone!
I've been struggling with my weight forever until last year when I had enough and decided to change my life for the better. It's been 13 months now and I've lost a total of 80lbs. My goal was to be 150lbs but I'm stuck at 155 and have been for a couple of months now. I know I've lost so much, but I can't feel satisfied with myself until I've reach my goal. I read forums on here about how to beat that plateau, but nothing is working. I've tried lowering my daily calories, then upping them. I've tried calorie "cycling", and even working out more. Currently I'm eating 1400 cals/day and exercising 45 mins/day, 6 days a week (a mix of jogging,walking,and weights throughout the week). What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
TigerGal24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You aren't doing anything wrong. Several things could be going on. Do you have a body fat calculating scale? See what that says. You could be at a good body fat goal. Do you take body measurements? See if those are holding steady or are going down. Progress is probably somewhere other than the scale for now.

Also, for many people those last pounds are the hardest pounds because they aren't really 'extra'. My husband has been losing weight for the last 6 months and he only wanted andto lose 15 pounds and didn't even really need to lose any. His weight loss goes in fits and starts. He'll be stuck for months at a number and then finally it will drop and then he'll stay at a new number forever and then drop. Who knows why. Our bodies are not machines and so can't be expected to act like them.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

How 'easy' are your workouts? You might need to up the intensity!! My mothers story is exactly the same as yours, it turned out that walking just wasn't cutting it anymore, she had to sweat more and increase the weights she was training with! When you're weight training remember the weights should be heavy enough that by the time you're done with each set you feel like you can't possibly lift the weight...then give yourself 4 minutes rest before your next set!
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote