Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/173.5/135

Height: 5' 5''

Default Bistro Buddies New Thread

Hi All,

Just want to get the new thread started - hope to hear from everyone soon!
Pluto Is A Planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Well I am new around here I guess should introduce myself, I have been lurking around for a few days reading and getting even more motivated. I have struggled with my weight as long I can remember, I slimmed a little in High school and was pretty active but I have never been smaller then size 10. After school I decided after putting on about 50lbs and getting into a size 20 I was over it and ready for a change so I lost 65lbs counting calories. That latest for about a year then I started gaining pound by pound and before I knew I was up to 216 so I started over and counted calories until I dropped 60lbs, but guess what it's back plus 20lbs. So last week I came to terms with the fact I am about to turn 30 and it is time to get healthy so I started tracking keeping food diary and have lost 6lbs. Downside is I work about 60 hours a week and it's hard to be prepared so you don't make bad choices so after much reading I have decided to try Bistro MD to help me with not having to work on the measuring and monitoring of dieting. I look forward to getting to know all of you more.

Tiff
Misstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #3  

Hi, Tiff. Congratulations on the six pounds. I'm new to Bistro and this board as well, and so far so good. I've never even had a craving - quite something for this queen of the chocoholics. I wish you much success, and maybe a few less work hours!
Tweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #4  

Welcome Tiff! Glad to see you and Tweets made it over to the new thread! Hopefully the rest of the Bistro Buddies will find us (and some new ones will join us!).

Have a great weekend!

Pluto
Old 04-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #5  

I ordered the 5 day with snacks the food looks pretty good. I've never used a delivery food service before so I don't really know what expect. Guess next week will be the moment of truth.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #6  

Good Morning All,

Down 1.5 lbs this morning - getting more consistent with exercise has been key for me - still more work to do there, but its a start.

Tiff,
I've been on BMD for a couple of months and I still get excited when my food arrives - like a mini "food" christmas. I think I've only had 1 maybe 2 dishes that I've asked BMD to stop sending/substitute for me. Hope you enjoy your food when it arrives

Pluto
Old 04-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #7  

Pluto awesome job on your weigh in!!

I really need to try and figure out how to fit exercise into my routine, I gained another assistant so hopefully once I have him trained and up to speed I can cut back on my hours, get rested and have the engery to exercise. I guess when I stop and think about I need to find some balance in my life.

Does everyone weighin once a week?

Only 2 days left of my vacation so Im having a splurge going out to eat with my mother and boyfriend. First splurge since I started but hey a girls gotta live right???
Old 04-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Thumbs up

Hi all,

Busy week, but did manage to get a workout in Thursday washing, drying, cleaning and protection of my car. Took me three hours, but it is read for some nice weather and we took it out for a drive with the top down. So nice to finally have a break from the rain, the heat was blasting, but it was nice to get out in the nice weather.

Welcome, Tiff and congrats on the 6 pounds lost, hope you have a great and successful journey with BMD.

Pluto, congrats on the loss. I need to step back up on the exercise, my cough is getting better and I need to just buck up and get my a** out of bed in the morning and just do it!

K, glad you are enjoying your time with family and not worrying about the food, sorry to hear about your food poisoning. I had a similar episode when I was in Italy last year, got car sick sitting in the back of the van, and tossed my cookies at a winery. I knew with those switch backs and the way our driver was zipping around that I should not ride in the back ... The rest of the trip I was up front with the driver, talk about embarrassing

Lost 1 pound this week, got a lot of stress in my family right now, for once it is not work at least, but I know that can affect weight loss. So I am chipping away at this, but it is slow going ... At least I am not having to stress out about food, it is nice to just grab and go in the morning.

Everyone have a great weekend

Lisa
LBBUGS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Just wanted to share that I had my cheat meal, and actually got on line and looked up the calories and made much better choices than if I had just ordered and not looked plus I didn't eat it all. Ended up getting Outback to go and I did get the sirloin, but only ate 1/2, got the veggies, no potato (OMG 500+ for loaded) and the salad. I am learning

Lisa
LBBUGS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #10  

Congratulations on all lost pounds and healthy eating decisions. Smart, smart, smart, Lisa. I don't trust myself enough to even think about restaurant (or even cafeteria) food yet. It's an absolutely beautiful day and I actually laced up the walking shoes and went for a walk. Just a slow mile, but it's a start. Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

Last edited by Tweets; 04-10-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #11  

Lisa that sounds like a good option for eating out, I have the app on my ipad go meals and it is very easy to review online menus prior to eating out so you are able to make better choices. Also congrats on you loss hope your family stress gets better.

Tweets it's a beautiful day here in Alabama too, I took the Dogs on a extra long walk today.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #12  
Janet

S/C/G: 190.5/186.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I just don't like the food

I've been on BistroMD for a week, lost 3lbs which I love but I can hardly choke down the food. I can't justify spending the big bucks for food I can barely eat. I've ordered a couple of Nutrisystem entrees to try, but I'd love other suggestions too. I really need a very structured plan.

Janet
mercer1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #13  

Oh Janet your making me scared about my first order I'm waiting for. I hope it will be her sometime this week so I will be sure to keep you posted when it gets in. Good luck on finding something that works for you. I had read lots of reviews that said it was onw of the better tasting ones.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #14  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Misstiff - As a BistroMD alumni...I can tell you that the QUALITY of their food is not to even be compared with Nutrasystem/JC! It would be like comparing filet mignon to cheeseburgers!

That said...some people prefer cheeseburgers! Bistro is not for everyone. However, if you like "gourmet" foods, with more of a focus on using interesting herbs and spices instead of salt and sugar to make your food taste good, then you'll probably enjoy BistroMD.

As far as weight loss...well, I lost 33 lbs in 3 months on the meal plan. Granted, I was probably a "model" student...as I NEVER complained, and just ate the stuff I liked and choked down the stuff I didn't like. I didn't go off plan...not even ONCE because I am CHEAP and simply figured I was paying waaaay too much money to CHEAT myself that way. I did, however, have a CHEAT MEAL (usually Jamaican food takeout..YUM) weekly, but watched my portions and as you already may know...1 cheat meal per week is actually part of the BistroMD program (they call it My Night).

Exercise didn't start until after 3 weeks on the program. I started by walking my dog in the neighborhood and graduated to running a 5K 3 times a week. I now run 20+ miles per week.

Point is...it was totally painless for me. I LOVE most of the food and have saved about a month's worth of those little "black trays" they give you to store my own meals. I still use the many valuable lessons I've learned while on BistroMD and have lost the rest of the weight "calorie counting" with only less than 5 more lbs to go to my vanity weight!

BISTRO MD WORKS!!! No...ifs...ands....or butts about it. If you stick to the program...YOU WILL lose the weight! That is all.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #15  

Hello all. Well, I've completed three weeks and I'm loving this program. I've pretty much eliminated the meals I don't like and am only getting favorites. Stick with it just a little while longer if you can, Janet. One of the best parts about Bistro is being able to customize your menu.