Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #1  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

Default charlie horse, c25k

So, I started the C25k mission this week. I have completed two days.

Now, last night I had the worst charlie horse of my life. Every muscle from my knee down cramped. It took 7 minutes to walk it off.

I drink an average of 120 ounces of water a day, take a daily vitamin and a calcium supplement.

I do low carb, so I am a little scared of the banana a day idea. Any other ideas for me?
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Your body is just yelling at you to eat more potassium. Unfortunately, a lot of foods that are high in potassium also happen to be high in carbs -- so your best bet is eating a cup of Spinach a day, which is over 1/2 higher than the potassium found in a banana. Our bodies require about 2,000 mg of Potassium a day, and dieting AND exercise both lower potassium levels (which isn't helped by the fact that a lot of multi-vitamins don't include potassium at all...)

Also be sure to really stretch your legs before and after you work out, that'll become more and more important as your runs get longer.

Hope that helps! Keep up the great work!
InsidetheBeltway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #3  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

How does one measue a cup of spinach? Packed tightly or loosely? I can do spinach, if I can keep my son from eating it all.
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #4  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Here's a list of some other great (and low carb) high potassium foods. I would also suggest that the cups be packed (or at least pressed enough to fit more in without damaging the leaves too badly). Most other foods measured are very compact and I say, get the most bang for your buck when measuring your veggies!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote