Old 07-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #1  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Default My pants finally feel looser, and other self gratifications

I'm so glad the the size 18's I've been barley fitting into are feeling looser, even after washing and drying them in the dryer. I havn't been losing much weight but I guess inches are still falling off. This makes me happy because I only have three pairs of pants to wear, that are not scrubs, to work and I've been super paranoid that people notice that I wear the same few pairs of pants over and over again. I've got two pairs of scrubs that I can throw into the mix, but I haven't been working with patients since I took over administration so wearing scrubs is weird. I'm excited to get to put the 10 or so size 16's I have in my dresser into the mix in the next couple of weeks, I will be so happy to finally not have to wear my elephant grey old navy perfect khakis ever again. They make my butt look sooooo HUGE!

Also, in other self gratification news I went to the dentist last night and got my bleaching trays and bleaching kit so I can make my teeth sparkle! This is my reward for getting back on the weight loss wagon and losing my first ten pounds. Yes, my incentives are crazy expensive but getting a new pair of jeans or a haircut just doesn't do it for me, I'm going A) do that stuff anyways; and B) I have clothes galore in my smaller sizes I just want to fit into them!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Nice going!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #3  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Nice! Keep it up! I love it when clothes start feeling looser... partly because it means I get to go clothes shopping soon :P What can I say, I'm a typical girl in that sense!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #4  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Mmmm clothes shopping! I can't wait to have a reason for new threads.

When we moved, I left a lot of my clothes behind in Oregon. Donated, gave to friends my size, whatever. I have very limited clothing right now and am going to start teaching in Fall. I'm reluctant to buy much though, because I don't plan (nor want) to fit into them for very long. I've even borrowed my workout pants from my mom! I'm SO SICK of the suitcase of clothes I brought, though. I miss my Jeans! (they were size 24 - don't miss them that badly. Maybe when I finally go break down and buy some this fall, I'll be singing the praises of 18's just like you!)

Congrats on your measurable success!

-Kiki

-Kiki
Wyllowbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #5  
GettingHealthier

S/C/G: 278/256/145ish

Height: 5'5"

You had me worried when I saw the title of this thread. ;-)

Congratulations! I can't wait until I follow your lead! My 18s are still too big, and that was "my size" for years.
Sophronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #6  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Can I Have your 18's when you are done with them? I'm making quilt out of recycled pants pockets and zippers.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Ghost - I took most of my big jeans in so I didn't have to buy too many in the winter. Because there is no real size on them I was reluctant to donate them so they just got tossed. I did, however, cut 2 pairs into shorts that no longer even come close to fitting. You can have the pockets and zippers if you like. How do I get them to you? Back pockets, I assume? I'd be happy to cut them apart to save on weight in shipping.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #8  
This means war...

omg, yes you can have my old pants when I'm done with them! Can you use the pockets off of kids pants too? I have a ton of boys pants that my son can't wear anymore because they have holes...everywhere and I can't donate them either because they are so tore up.

Has anyone seen the episode of Friends where Ross whitens his teeth and he's making out with a lady and she turns the lights off and his teeth are glowing? thats what I'm aiming for, lol! I'm kidding, but hahahaha, thats funny!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #9  
This means war...

Lol, Brown, that is so me. If I want something and I have my bank card with me, it's most likely going home with me. My ex-husband says I have impulse control issues. I agree, I married him on an impulse. Damn Vegas.
That usually only applies to things under $50 or so, if its getting close to the hundred dollar mark I start using my head and not my impulse. So tooth whitening at $350 for four ampules of whitening gel plus paying for the molds to be made, that was less impulsive and something I've wanted to get but didn't feel I deserved until I made some changes in my life. BTW, four days into the whitening process and my teeth are so good looking I think twice at eating or drinking anything that might stain them like coffee, and last night I skipped red wine and raspberry beer for my vanity.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:30 PM   #10  
This means war...

Its called Perfecta Bravo and is a 9% peroxide whitening gel. Works darn good and my teeth are not that discolored I'm just super vain about my teeth because I always judge people based on their oral hygiene (something I've known about myself for years but can't seem to get over).
Old 07-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Mango - great job on setting goals and then meeting them. If you want to talk about crazy expensive rewards, I wanted to buy myself a pair of 1 carat diamond stud earrings when I reach 100 pounds lost (100 points in a carat for 100 pounds) but then I started pricing them! I knew it would be expensive, but I was still shocked at the price, even for low quality diamonds. No way can I justify this! I even thought maybe I could do 3/4 carat + 1/4 carat since I have double piercings in my ears, but it's still too much. I'll have to come up with something else. Enjoy your white teeth!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #12  
This means war...

Lin, they are my mouth diamonds, LMAO!!! Omg, I just made myself laugh so hard!