Old 01-30-2011, 09:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default Your Coach.. access, contact, support, etc.

I was wondering how much access people have to their coaches. What were you told by your coach you could expect?

I have worked with 2 WONDERFUL clinics and coaches. My first coach was great! A real but very helpful and concerned. He took my goals to heart and wanted my success as much as I did. He cared about what I ate, he asked questions, he wanted to know what my Dr said, he wanted to know how I felt physically and if I was experiencing anything strange. He went the extra mile to help me stay on my program.

When I say he went the extra mile, I mean it! He called everyone he could if he didn't have a real answer for me.

ALSO, he contacted me by text or phone EVERY DAY the first month to see how I was, what did I eat, did I have a plan, did I have a question and, did I need anything.

THAT is a coach! He was excited to see me at weigh in. He cheered my every loss in pounds or inches. He complimented my improvement.

He also was a ! He took no BS or excuses. He expected me to be 100% committed to my success. CHEATS were not allowed or an option. Skipping meals was a cheat. Using extra food was a cheat. He cared about my success and my goals but, I HAD TO CARE both FIRST AND MORE! He was definitely there for me. Even when he was on vacation he could be reached by cell phone. He had a competent person who had completed the program successfully there to provide my food when I picked it up while he was on vacation.

I kept my own food journal but we talked about it. He took pictures regularly. He took measurements every week and then told me how much I had improved.

The second coach I met, an amazing woman, believes in her clients. She and her other coaches have their phones set to roll over to each other so each time a client tries for help, THEY GET IT! They get answers to questions. They take time to coach and review food journals each week. They see this as helping their clients to successfully change their lives and they take it seriously. It is not a sideline, it is not a money making business, trust me, her rates are the best I have heard of in AZ. She truly cares and her clients can tell.

What about you? What are you finding with your coach? What do you expect? What do you think you should expect?

not trying to start a revolution but, there seems to be a lot of wonderment over what to get for a coach.

BTW.. my total sign up costs were $464.00 and included my coaching fee, one week food, supplements, and salt. After that each week was $92.00 in food and, another $75.00 in supplements per month.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-30-2011 at 09:47 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #2  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

My coach did not charge any fees for a consultation. She said that since she lost over 120lbs off of Ideal Protein, that this was her passion because all other diets didn't work out for her. I paid for the 1st week $149 which was a month of supplements and 1 week of food (23 IP Packets). Each week there after it has been $81 for the weekly packets (21-23, depending on how I feel). She is super supportive and opens up her home if you cannot make the officer hours. She communicates by email and text messages if you have questions. She even has a client several states away that emails her his WI's and measurements.

I was told that I could expect to lose 5-7lbs per week and women could expect to lose 3-5lbs per week. Reason being is most men have more muscle and it is easier for them to lose a little bit more each week.

She looked over my weekly diets and didn't make any suggestions. There were a few days that I did not get my 3rd IP packet in, but she didn't yell. She just told me that I'm doing great and to keep up the good work.

I am very thankful I was referred to her and for introducing me to the IP program. I have learned a lot about how to eat in these past few weeks.

And I am VERY thankful for finding this forum, it compliments my coach very well with all of the suggestions from those that have been doing the program over the past several months.
YankeeFan14040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

In my case, I think my coach is very supportive! She is always happy when I loose, she motivates me. It's what I need!

The other day she even called me to let me know that a lot of people just started IP and I should give her my order of my packets for the week to be sure she will have everything for me.

On the other hand I think you guys know a lot more about this program than her. She is not just a IP coach, she is an esthetician, give massage and other thing so she is not that involved in the program. But she supports me and she's very sweet.

Now for the cost:
My first week, for consultation, IP packets for 10 days, vitamins, the shaker, the cost was 190 $ CAN
Then each week it's 80$ and the consultation is free (nothing is free so I suppose it's included in the price of the packets)

so for me 450$ for the first week is a lot of money!!!!
Vanessa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

I met with the person that runs the IP part of the clinic the first time. I was told to come back next week not what to expect. she did answer my questions, though I did not know enough to ask very intelligent questions at the time After that I met with a very nice woman that has lost 50 lbs on IP...........knows practically nothing. I give her advice......that I learned here!! I go in weigh, GIVE HER information..........again from herel. Pay for my packets and leave. I don't mind it that because...........again............I have all of you.
It is run out of a family medical clinic, the basement with its own entrance, smells a little like my grandmother's basement. I have NEVER met with a medical professional in the clinic, had measurements taken, my BP none of that.
My first week starter kit.
28 packets
salt
shaker
supplements
and consulting fee $240.00
Now just buy some packets and supplements.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #5  

Default Your Opinions Are Needed!

So I started this program a little over a week ago and I'm down 13lbs! However, the road to my weight loss has and continues to be difficult. This difficult journey started with a month long search for an IP location, after a few suggestions from this forum I was finally able to find a location. I immediately called and set up the appointment. I couldn’t wait to get started!

I was initially told that the program would run me around $350 for the first consult which included 11 days worth of food. No problem! I was so happy that I was finally taking the necessary steps to better my health. When all was said and done the rep pulled out an itemized list of the following.

Private consult: $210.00
Starter pack: $132.00
Supplements: $135.00
Shaker: $6.38
Sea Salt: $ 2.50
Total Cost: $484.92

I was a little taken back by the price but I wanted this so badly that I paid the entire sum. The first few days were difficult but I felt a difference in my body after just 2 days. To me it was worth it! When I called to set up an appointment for my first weigh in I basically got the run around and was told that my schedule didn’t match hers and I would have to wait. I then submitted my order form for the week and set up an appointment to meet with a fill in person to be weighed in. When I got home and looked through my bag I had 9 puddings (which I hate) along with multiple drinks and a couple other packets. These items were not what I had requested on my order form.

So to make a long story short, do you guys think that I should go through another month long search in looking for a new rep Has anyone else had similar experiences

Thanks
Adnamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #6  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

i spend 15-45 mins with my coach every thursday. she is very friendly and comments on my food journal. she takes her time to get my measurements right. she tries to answer all of my questions, and if she doesn't know the answer, she will go to higher authorities to find out. i can email her and she always gets back to me. both she and the dr. in the office always ask how my week went, how i feel and if i have any questions.

the start up fee was $675. that included the consultation, blood work, vitamins, and 8 boxes of food (almost 3 weeks). it's $90 a week for food, and $90 a month for vitamins (but i pay more because i get the omega 3s and cofactors).
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:49 AM   #7  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Our coach is very supportive and can be reached if I have a question. Cheering the success and encouraging when the week hasn't been so great. I did find they were not as up to date with the information at the start and sometimes there were contradictions.. but between the wonderful information here ,researching things then going back to the clinic, we have been able to steer a good course.

To start, we paid $35 consultation, $82 for the first week of food and $50 for supliments .. (x2 for my DH and I). The shakers were included.

I am measured every other week (at my request).

I am very happy with my coach and clinic. I think my only critique would be when new information comes out, we don't always hear it right away.
Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 365/TICKER/300

Height: 5'10"

I spent several days calling around and getting a feel for the local places that do the IP protocol. The most expensive was $299 for the 1st consultation, then $90 each week after. There were a few that were $100lower than that for the initial visit, but I was leaning towards the more expensive one because I liked the information I received from them during my initial phone call. They seemed to be more "up to date" on their understanding of the IP program (I had done a TON of research on the program, most of it from this site - thank you!). However, when I called and asked what was included with the initial consultation that would justify a $100 increase in fee versus everything else in this area, I was treated very rudely and told that I would not be able to get an appointment until towards the end of February! So much for that! I finally stumbled onto the chiropractic office I use now - and I really like my coach so far. She is very knowlegeable, has done the program, and was able to answer all of my questions thoroughly. She charged me $160 for my initial consult (including 3 boxes of packets, supplements, sea salt and shaker), and $80 per week.
condanchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 AM   #9  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
So I started this program a little over a week ago and I'm down 13lbs! However, the road to my weight loss has and continues to be difficult. This difficult journey started with a month long search for an IP location, after a few suggestions from this forum I was finally able to find a location. I immediately called and set up the appointment. I couldn’t wait to get started!

I was initially told that the program would run me around $350 for the first consult which included 11 days worth of food. No problem! I was so happy that I was finally taking the necessary steps to better my health. When all was said and done the rep pulled out an itemized list of the following.

Private consult: $210.00
Starter pack: $132.00
Supplements: $135.00
Shaker: $6.38
Sea Salt: $ 2.50
Total Cost: $484.92

I was a little taken back by the price but I wanted this so badly that I paid the entire sum. The first few days were difficult but I felt a difference in my body after just 2 days. To me it was worth it! When I called to set up an appointment for my first weigh in I basically got the run around and was told that my schedule didn’t match hers and I would have to wait. I then submitted my order form for the week and set up an appointment to meet with a fill in person to be weighed in. When I got home and looked through my bag I had 9 puddings (which I hate) along with multiple drinks and a couple other packets. These items were not what I had requested on my order form.

So to make a long story short, do you guys think that I should go through another month long search in looking for a new rep Has anyone else had similar experiences

Thanks
There are lots of things you can do, whether or not you feel comfortable doing them, is another thing. I'll make some suggestions, and I hope others will to, and then you can do your own variations on a theme.

Call IPtoGo and ask to join the program.

OR call another coach and see if they charge the initial fee again if you have already joined the program, or if you can just buy the product and pay whatever the weekly coach/food/supplement costs are as you go.

OR, If you used your credit card to charge the initial fee and the the latest packets, I'd do a couple of things:

Call the office and tell them that this is your second (or more, if you haven't mentioned something) bad experience with them and you want the money for the last packets credited to your account. You will return them when you see the credit on your card or get the credit slip.

If they say no, call the credit card company and challenge that charge and any portion of the initial charge you think should be returned. I would challenge everything except the food and supplement charges.

Send the coach/office a brief note tell them what you've done and that you will be prepared to withdraw your challenge if they refund your money; and give them a deadline. Explain that if the don't meet the deadline, the challenge will go forward and

If they continue to baulk, explain that you are now prepared to call and report them to IP; and do it.

You can also graciously offer to write a stinging evaluation of their conduct, personnel, and practices and post it on any internet source that solicits evaluation of the program; or initiate one yourself.

[All of these suggests are steps. Don't fire all your cannons at once.]

You can also tell them you have already mentioned the problem here, witholding a name. But. . . .

And here things get tricky. And they go off the level of your problem and become a bit more wide sweeping.

I know two people who both wanted to do the Program, badly, and tried, but finally pulled out because of poor coaching or support as well as other problems. There must be others. And one wonders if they received the same shoddy treatment as you have; or even from the same place.

This Forum isn't the place for indiscriminate or unchecked censorship. I would hate to see any one of us condemn coaches, et alia, on a whim or in a momentary flare of anger. But I do NOT think what you've written falls into either category. I'm going to stay one step short of suggesting an arbitrator if none of the above works. Essentially, that's what the IP main office should be because fundamentally it has both of your interests at heart.

I hope this helps a little, or gives you some things to think about, and a potential direction.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #10  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

I am very pleased with my coach. She works in her husband’s chiropractic office and I have known their family for years. She went through the program with her husband first, and then they became coaches. I was in her first group of participants. They waived the consult fee, so my first charge was for $222 (10 days worth of food, supplements, shaker, salt). She called me every day my first week (when I felt simply horrible), and is always accessible by phone or email.

From the beginning I have struggled with a 1-2 lb per week weight loss, and she has been as concerned, or even more so, as I have been. She has made suggestions and tweaked my daily intake, along with consulting the higher ups. I have had long discussions with her and her husband concerning exercise, protein intake, and the expense of the program. I had to start alternative products, and she never said a word about it. I still go in and purchase a box or two a month, and she spends as much time with me as if I were using all IP products. She even steered me towards 3FCs for recipe ideas. For anyone in the Tampa Bay area, if they are interested in starting IP or switching coaches, I would highly recommend her!

I sure feel bad for those out there without a good coach, as they can be the backbone of success. It seems IP should have a forum to report coach problems, or be a bit more careful on how they select the coaches.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I initially met with a dietician at our clinic and had a 45 min sit down meeting with her. She went over the information like she was selling me a car and reading it verbatim. No real help. She was also giving me ways to cheat on my own, saying if I really wanted a soda to go ahead and have one. If I could not eat the salads, to just use a tiny bit of regular ranch and I would be fine. I knew quite a bit before I went and asked her if this was typical. She just said she did not want me to struggle and it would be ok. We talked about my goal, BMI charts say at 5'11" I should weigh around 185, but she realized I have a much larger frame and we somewhat agreed on 200, I think I would be happier at 210-220 but we will see. That cost me $45.

I weigh in at the plastic surgery center where the "Coaches" are very thin female and all look like they have been "worked on". I buy my products there and WI and measurements. Only one has done the diet, so she says. We never discuss my food journal, its just:
"You doing ok?"
"You have any questions?"
"Step on the scale."
"You want measurements, this week?"
"Ok what do you want to buy?"
"Good job, its working."

They can never really answer my questions, so I just go elsewhere. My measurements were completely off the first time by 10 inches. She first measured my hips at 57", no way was I that big and the next weigh in she measured them at 47" and said thats 10" lost from my hips. I said not possible, my clothes would have been falling off. She agreed that she probably wrote it down wrong to begin with.

My BMI went UP after my first 9 lb loss, I asked how that could be and she was like, I don't know, the scale must have messed up. I do not think our scale is useful besides getting my weight. I feel I am more knowledgable than they are.

I do not really need the coaching or motivation that some coaches provide, but come on do your job, know what you are talking about. Other people there must really struggle with these so called coaches. My true coaches are friends and family that support me and notice the difference.

I really do not want to go to WI anymore since it is pointless and I can just buy the products from the front desk. I go to my in-laws for questions as their coach sounds great and they have done this since June. I also use my primary dr for questions as he told me to do this and has done it.

$144 was my first bill for food and suppliments and shaker. It's $84 a week for food after that. All in all my coaches are worthless in my opinion.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 228/174/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Cause for Pause - Looking for New Clinic

Hi Carla,
It's great that you have had two great coaches! My experience is less stellar.
I drove 4 hours round trip on two separate days so far to Plano, TX, because that seemed to be the best place.
I felt that I received the minimal option on clinic protocol. The NP and the Nurse are nice, but don't have much to add to the Power Point presentation that is not tailored to IP. Also, I was told that Bariatrix was the same as Ideal Protein.
My cost was $391 for the workup and two weeks of packet samplings with about half of the packets being Ideal Protein and the other half Bariatrix. I had no recourse at the time, since I had already had my blood drawn and ekg. I was disappointed, but started the products anyway. Three weeks into the protocol:
228 starting/210 current/155 goal.

Last week I did some research online and found Ideal To Go, operating in Florida from a clinic and offering online purchase of Ideal Protein. I got a quick response to my email and they have a coach along with the purchase of products. It's www.IdealToGo.com. If anyone has purchased from this site, let me know your experience. Thanks!
FitMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, I only had my initial consult last week, but I have not heard from my coach since then. The consult was $100, and the food (one week plus 7pkgs), salt, shaker, Multi-Vita and Cal-Mag was about $190. I am my coach's first client, so that could be why I haven't heard from her. She was very encouraging and supportive at the consult - made me feel like I was making a right decision and not just because they were making a profit from it, but because I was taking time for me and letting myself become a better person inside and out. I'm looking forward to how my meeting will go on Thursday for my 1st weigh-in.
Camio87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Wow!! It is nice to see so many have liked their coaches! I am not trying to set up a coach "bashing" and I'm glad that didn't happen. I was hoping to let people see the variations that can occur with coaches, get a feel what questions to ask, and realize what they MIGHT want to look for. I wouldn't have known what to ask when "interviewing" a clinic or coach. I wouldn't have realized how important some of the real support would be.

Maybe, be our examples with our coaches others will realize 1) you don't have to use the first clinic you go to or the first coach 2) you can ask to see if they will give you what you think you will need. Just like any "consulting service" there will be many styles and techniques out there. Not all IP coaches were required to be affiliated with medical professionals or be medical professionals. If that matters to someone, they should seek it out, it can be found in many places. It shouldn't be expected to be there because, it wasn't always a requirement and in some places still isn't.

If you only want to use the Ideal Protein diet, supplements, and protocol make sure you ask for that. Not all the clinics are just offering IP. Many offer their own supplements or alternative supplements. Many are offering IP like protocols and are using different products. Just know what you are getting and that it is what you want.

I think the less that "good" examples are important too. It doesn't have to be negative but, we can learn from others experiences about what to look out for and what questions would be great to ask in advance so we can avoid unfavorable experiences. I know it is hard with as much identifying information about us on here but, if you decide to share something along those lines and can find a positive way of helping others enhance their coaching experience in the future, I am sure it will be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
My coach did not charge any fees for a consultation. She said that since she lost over 120lbs off of Ideal Protein, that this was her passion because all other diets didn't work out for her. ..
And I am VERY thankful for finding this forum, it compliments my coach very well with all of the suggestions from those that have been doing the program over the past several months.
It sounds like you found a wonderful coach! Many people who are coaching are doing this out of their passion and because they found something that works very well, often for the first time in their life. I am so happy for you that you found a truly compassionate person! Make sure you recommend her! People like that really do help others have success too!

I also like how you say this compliments your coaching. I would hope that would be the goal of this forum to support each of us in attaining our goals and to compliments, maybe even complete, the coaching we are already getting. That would be the ideal situation in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post

The other day she even called me to let me know that a lot of people just started IP and I should give her my order of my packets for the week to be sure she will have everything for me.

That was wonderful of her to give you a heads up! Sometimes once you are on the program, you do get stuck with the foods you know you can eat and having a heads up to get your order in could be helpful in some clinics!

I am glad she is giving you the support. I think having the forum to turn to is a nice way to fill in information gaps. But, don't be afraid to ask her or push her a little, it is how she will learn more about the program too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I met with the person that runs the IP part of the clinic the first time. ..
Now just buy some packets and supplements.
Aww! I am sorry it hasn't been the strongest experience. You really have shown dedication to getting this done though. (Your pictures this week are beautiful and proof of that effort!) Unfortunately, some clinics are trying to do multiple things with short staff and they do have to postpone meeting with people or do orientation in group settings. Some will work around that and others don't. As far as seeing a Dr. unless you have a health issue, you are not required to be seen so, I'm not surprised that was your experience.

I am glad you have stuck through it and been here with us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
So I started this program a little over a week ago and I'm down 13lbs! ...
Thanks
I am so sorry your experience hasn't been great! I think your price, although higher than advised initially (also not acceptable), is pretty average. I think they forgot to add in the supplements.

As for the food issues, NOT ACCEPTABLE! You should be getting what you order and, you should not be required to eat food you don't like. I would take it back, say this must have been an order for someone else because it isn't what I requested and expect them to fill it as you ordered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i spend 15-45 mins with my coach every thursday. she is very friendly and comments on my food journal. she takes her time to get my measurements right. she tries to answer all of my questions, and if she doesn't know the answer, she will go to higher authorities to find out. i can email her and she always gets back to me. both she and the dr. in the office always ask how my week went, how i feel and if i have any questions.

the start up fee was $675. that included the consultation, blood work, vitamins, and 8 boxes of food (almost 3 weeks). it's $90 a week for food, and $90 a month for vitamins (but i pay more because i get the omega 3s and cofactors).
I didn't realize San Francisco was so much higher in cost! It sounds like you have a coach that is doing a good job though. How is it working for you as a vegetarian? Is she helpful on that front too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condanchri View Post
I spent several days calling around and getting a feel for the local places that do the IP protocol. The most expensive was $299 for the 1st consultation, then $90 each week after. There were a few that were $100lower than that for the initial visit, but I was leaning towards the more expensive one because I liked the information I received from them during my initial phone call. They seemed to be more "up to date" on their understanding of the IP program (I had done a TON of research on the program, most of it from this site - thank you!). However, when I called and asked what was included with the initial consultation that would justify a $100 increase in fee versus everything else in this area, I was treated very rudely and told that I would not be able to get an appointment until towards the end of February! So much for that! I finally stumbled onto the chiropractic office I use now - and I really like my coach so far. She is very knowlegeable, has done the program, and was able to answer all of my questions thoroughly. She charged me $160 for my initial consult (including 3 boxes of packets, supplements, sea salt and shaker), and $80 per week.
I really liked your example and the research you put into finding your clinic. I really points out that this, like anything else that is consulting and advice oriented, should be researched and investigated as not all services are equal. I am so glad you found a good coach at a reasonable price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
There are lots of things you can do, whether or not you feel comfortable doing them, is another thing. I'll make some suggestions, and I hope others will to, and then you can do your own variations on a theme.

I hope this helps a little, or gives you some things to think about, and a potential direction.
As usual, you offer great advice and I don't think I can add anything new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
I am very pleased with my coach. She works in her husband’s chiropractic office and I have known their family for years. She went through the program with her husband first, and then they became coaches. I was in her first group of participants. They waived the consult fee, so my first charge was for $222 (10 days worth of food, supplements, shaker, salt). She called me every day my first week (when I felt simply horrible), and is always accessible by phone or email.

I sure feel bad for those out there without a good coach, as they can be the backbone of success. It seems IP should have a forum to report coach problems, or be a bit more careful on how they select the coaches.
You sound like you have a GREAT coach! That added support in week one is so valuable, don't you think? It really made a difference for me. I agree it would be nice for people to have a way to reach out to IP and let them know when they weren't getting the best support or coaching (in the name of the program) and be directed to alternate options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I initially met with a dietician at our clinic and had a 45 min sit down meeting with her. ...
I am so glad you think your in-laws have had a good coach and you are able to contrast that to your experience. It is unfortunate that you have someone who lacks the added enthusiasm, knowledge, and/or personal touch that makes this program so special. I am also glad you feel you didn't need the coaching much because you have a strong support system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMe View Post
Hi Carla,
It's great that you have had two great coaches! My experience is less stellar.
I drove 4 hours round trip on two separate days so far to Plano, TX, because that seemed to be the best place.
.... Also, I was told that Bariatrix was the same as Ideal Protein.
My cost was $391 for the workup and two weeks of packet samplings with about half of the packets being Ideal Protein and the other half Bariatrix. I had no recourse at the time, since I had already had my blood drawn and ekg. I was disappointed, but started the products anyway. Three weeks into the protocol:
228 starting/210 current/155 goal.

Last week I did some research online and found Ideal To Go, operating in Florida from a clinic and offering online purchase of Ideal Protein. I got a quick response to my email and they have a coach along with the purchase of products. It's www.IdealToGo.com. If anyone has purchased from this site, let me know your experience. Thanks!
WOW!! You really are dedicated! I assure you, if you keep that dedication the results you see on this program will be amazing!

I am so sorry you got the service/experience you did. To my knowledge, Baraiatrix is not Ideal Protein. It may or may not be close. It may only be as like IP as Atkins or Medifast are like IP ... they control carbs. As to what the two products or programs do they may not be anything alike.

I would actually contact IP corporate to confirm they are or are not the same and that your IP coach was selling you something else. I don't believe that fits with IP guidelines for the clinics offering their products and I am sure they would be interested in hearing it.

Definitely use Ideal to Go!! They are a clinic that has been approved by IP for people in your situation, where there is not clinic conveniently located to them.

Many people have used IP to go and have made wonderful comments on here. The key is knowing YOU lead the communications in this "away" setting. If you ask you get lots of help. If you don't, it may feel like an online order house. I know of two past members who used them and lost very well and had nothing but good to say. Those members aren't on here anymore but, I am sure they would tell you it was very helpful and convenient.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #15  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I didn't realize San Francisco was so much higher in cost! It sounds like you have a coach that is doing a good job though. How is it working for you as a vegetarian? Is she helpful on that front too?
yeah, living here is like living in NYC. i live in a 3 bedroom flat for $2000 a month, and that is CHEAP. so, everything else is very expensive as well. she isn't a vegetarian, but she is very interested in what i eat and how i make it work. she did some research and contacted her IP rep to provide a list of vegetarian proteins for me. she likes to make sure that i'm not getting bored and that my meal choices are keeping me engaged in the program.

as far as i know, my place is the only place doing IP in the city. this is crazy to me since SF is such a big city. it works though because they are downtown in the financial district, half a block away from the subway stop. the entire office is dedicated to, and only services IP. I think that is why they are so helpful. it is their only job.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote