Old 07-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/162.5/110-120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Program for men?

Hi! I found out about the Ideal Protein Diet this week and have been looking through this forum for more info. I saw what you eat on the different phases, and I'm assuming this is what women eat. Is there a different program the men follow? I can't imagine it would be the same but don't know.

Thank you!
JuJuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

To my knowledge it is essentially the same for men, but some of the coaches at the different clinics have people eat an extra packet or protein sometimes depending on your starting weight and lifestyle. I could be wrong, but I think the basic phases are the same for men and women though.
We have a few guys that check in pretty regularly, hopefully one of them will see this thread and answer you! I know from reading their posts that the diet works well for men. My coach said that men tend to average more loss than women on the program.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJuBee View Post
Hi! I found out about the Ideal Protein Diet this week and have been looking through this forum for more info. I saw what you eat on the different phases, and I'm assuming this is what women eat. Is there a different program the men follow? I can't imagine it would be the same but don't know.

Thank you!
I am a guy on the program and I can tell you that it works quite well, I've lost 60 lbs.

When I talked with my coach about being too hungry as I started back exercising (walking) he suggested another packet per day.
2manybits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Thank you!
I started IP in January and my husband joined me in March. He eats more protein than I do, and most days has an extra packet. This is the first diet plan he's stuck with in the 28 years we've been married. It really works!
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #5  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Check in the archives for posts from Juiceman as he had great success. And Couts. (As recently as 6 weeks ago) Juiceman ended up switching to alternative products at the end, but used IP for most of his journey.

There are quite a few other men on the boards. They don't post much, but they are there... I bet you'll get more responses to your post in the next day or so. Bump it to the front for a couple days if it falls to page 2 so it is obvious for them if they don't check in every day.

Good luck. You'll do great.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/162.5/110-120

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you for your info. My husband and I have been dieting for the past 4 months with great success but have recently hit plateaus. We're taking a week off (still eating healthy) and want to give Ideal Protein a try to lose the rest. I just couldn't see how he'd eat the same as me and not be hungry so adding another protein makes sense.

I'll introduce us once we get started. Thanks again!
JuJuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #7  
I know I can

It is the same for men and women. My dad and brother were both on it. They did have the option of another protein packet for the 1st 3 weeks. I think my brother did take the extra packet.
My dad lost 50 pounds in 3 months and my brother lost over 40 in two and a half months.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #8  
Man on a mission

Im a man too, and i follow the same diet plan as the ladies on here. 3 pack a day and a regular meal for diner, my 4 cups of veggies and supplements (oh a ton of water too). What really helps me, is the unlimited lettuce. I eat about 2 big bowl of lettuce a day.

I could take an extra pack of protein cuz im doing 5-6 workouts a week. But i just feel like this is working great for me right now and to tell you the truth i dont really need it. But to maintain alittle bit of sanity i have a restricted pack every day sence the start of my journey. Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Last edited by rooster on a diet; 07-27-2011 at 08:30 PM.
rooster on a diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #9  
Started IP: 5/14/11

Same thing for men! We just loose it much faster then the ladies
Dan is Boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

My brother is on it now for 8 weeks and has lost 37lbs he wants to lose 50lbs total. Men can do it too!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster on a diet View Post
Im a man too, and i follow the same diet plan as the ladies on here. 3 pack a day and a regular meal for diner, my 4 cups of veggies and supplements (oh a ton of water too). What really helps me, is the unlimited lettuce. I eat about 2 big bowl of lettuce a day.

I could take an extra pack of protein cuz im doing 5-6 workouts a week. But i just feel like this is working great for me right now and to tell you the truth i dont really need it. But to maintain alittle bit of sanity i have a restricted pack every day sence the start of my journey. Hope this helps and keep us posted.
How do you schedule your packets? I currently do 4 packets because I also workout 5-6 days a week. I take the extra packet immediately after working out. This past week I upped it to 5 (per my doctor's suggestion) and ended up gaining 0.4. Needless to say I am dropping back down, but was thinking about if I should stay at 4 or try 3.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #12  
Man on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
How do you schedule your packets? I currently do 4 packets because I also workout 5-6 days a week. I take the extra packet immediately after working out. This past week I upped it to 5 (per my doctor's suggestion) and ended up gaining 0.4. Needless to say I am dropping back down, but was thinking about if I should stay at 4 or try 3.
I work during the night ( graveyard shift ). So my schedule is really bizarre. I dont have alot of weight to loose, but im doing three pack a day to really take my body fat under 10%. Im at 14% right now and hoping to be donw 10% at the begining of sept.

I would say keep it a 4 per week cuz im sure your not aiming for what im aiming for. 5 pack is probably a bit much even if your training hard, you will increase your mucle mass and lose fat but your weight will not go necessarily down. It could but its not a sure thing.

You see when you train hard and eat a bit more ( espically protein ) you build muscle. This diet is built for you to keep your muscle mass and lower your body fat. So by eating more and training (obviously) your still losing fat but gaining muscle, therefore the weight remains almost the same on the scale.

I was 175 during winter, so i hate about 3000 to 4000 cal a day, and did alot of weight lifting. Got up to 200 and started the program to lose fat. Im now at 185 and looking to stay the same but with 10 % bodyfat. Now i know that would be just a 10 pound extra, over what i had during the winter. But its going to be 10 pounds of lean muscle mass and for a guy whos 5,6 thats alot. I dont wanna be to big so i stop and started the diet and everything is going super well for me. Not always easy, to see the scale staying the same, but my goal is very different.

Dont get me wrong, i struggle with the same urges that you guys have (sweets, carb, ect). So i think this diet is awesome for cutting body fat while maintaning muscle mass. And this forum is great cuz i can still relate to what you guys our going through. And it's alot more freindlier then thoses big jock, gym rat forum out there.

Hope this helps and if you ever have any questions about training and dieting, dont be shy and ill do my best to help you out.
rooster on a diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #13  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

Thank you!
Looks like you got answers to your question. It is the same for men and women. After I left my clinic and coach and did it on my own, I would add extra proteins every once in a while. But starting out for the first 2 months, I was strict on servings.

I look at it this way and still do, I did not do this program for a quick fix. I needed help getting the weight off and keeping it off. This diet will work if you follow it to a "T". Battle through the uncomfortable feelings, hunger pains, etc. Once you are closer to your goal then really sit down and think about any modifications you want to make.

I feel I was very sucessful in this program as was my father in law. He lost 130#! There is no need to add extra in the beginning, unless you are 250+ in my opinion.

I only check back in every once in a while, hope this helps. I have completed my journey and it was all worth it!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster on a diet View Post
I work during the night ( graveyard shift ). So my schedule is really bizarre. I dont have alot of weight to loose, but im doing three pack a day to really take my body fat under 10%. Im at 14% right now and hoping to be donw 10% at the begining of sept.

I would say keep it a 4 per week cuz im sure your not aiming for what im aiming for. 5 pack is probably a bit much even if your training hard, you will increase your mucle mass and lose fat but your weight will not go necessarily down. It could but its not a sure thing.

You see when you train hard and eat a bit more ( espically protein ) you build muscle. This diet is built for you to keep your muscle mass and lower your body fat. So by eating more and training (obviously) your still losing fat but gaining muscle, therefore the weight remains almost the same on the scale.

I was 175 during winter, so i hate about 3000 to 4000 cal a day, and did alot of weight lifting. Got up to 200 and started the program to lose fat. Im now at 185 and looking to stay the same but with 10 % bodyfat. Now i know that would be just a 10 pound extra, over what i had during the winter. But its going to be 10 pounds of lean muscle mass and for a guy whos 5,6 thats alot. I dont wanna be to big so i stop and started the diet and everything is going super well for me. Not always easy, to see the scale staying the same, but my goal is very different.

Dont get me wrong, i struggle with the same urges that you guys have (sweets, carb, ect). So i think this diet is awesome for cutting body fat while maintaning muscle mass. And this forum is great cuz i can still relate to what you guys our going through. And it's alot more freindlier then thoses big jock, gym rat forum out there.

Hope this helps and if you ever have any questions about training and dieting, dont be shy and ill do my best to help you out.
Rooster- thank you so much! I think that is exactly what happened this past week. And you are right, at this point I am looking to lose fat and weight but not gain muscle mass. I really appreciate your input because I was really flip flopping on if I should do 3 or 4. I am going to do 4 this week and see if I can get back on track with losses. I need to get my BF tested again because I have a feeling it has dropped tremedously. And in the end I am really most concerned about inches, but it is always nice to see the scale drop
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote