Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #1  
Mindy

Default Trying to decide At home or Online?

I am trying to figure out which would suit me best. I have to get back on plan and I have always had great success with WW. I use to live in an area that had several locations available for weigh in. I now live in rural AR and my dh doesn't get home until after the closest meeting has already started (its a 20 min drive). I have been thinking that I should do Online or At Home? Can I get some feedback as to which worked better for you and why? I really need the accountability of meetings but I simply can't make it to one unless I drive about an hour and a half to Little Rock on a Sat morning.
Anyway, I would love to hear your success with either program. TIA!!
pooka1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236//135

Height: 5'4"

I haven't tried either, but I am interested in the answers as well. I am in AR, too - it is beautiful here, but WAY different than where I grew up Best of luck in whichever you choose...
breannabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #3  
Mindy

Amen to the comment about it being beautiful and different lol! If you want to buddy up let me know. We weigh the same and have the same goal
pooka1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/165

Height: 5'8

Its hard for me to stay on track by myself I do better when someone is doing it with me. I went to meetings and they help me in my mind set to let me know that I can not cheat on myself because others are watching me not know what you did that week but just being there I guess. I have to answer to me there. I don't have a phone where I can get the apps or maybe the online would help me alot wish I had the phone. I will keep trying to do by myself. I would love to lose 25 lbs before Christmas and I know I can do it if I don't cheat on myself. I think that I just need a buddy to talk to Thanks for letting me ramble.
jwillits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

We don't have WW at home in Canada, so I can't comment on it. I tried to look at the US website, and it looks like it's all the info you would get at the meetings, and you track manually...correct me if I'm wrong.

I will comment on the online. Online is a wonderful way to go. It's so convenient. No remembering foods, or amounts, or anything. It's all right there. Just put in how much of it I had and that's it. I can save recipes I've made, and just edit them with a few clicks to suit each time I make it. I have it set up at work, so that after a meal, I can just track online. I don't think I would be able to do it manually. I did buy a PP calculator for the grocery store from out local chapter before it disbanded.

As for the accountability, that is something that you have to seek out yourself, and I know a lot of people struggle without it. Personally, I decided that I would use my husband for accountability. I weighed myself in front of him right from the get go...let me tell you, it was hard at first. When we met, I was about 140 lbs (20 years ago), and started this journey at 221 in January. Not that he wasn't aware that I gained weight...but I had always been elusive when it came to the number. But this time, he's right there with me, each and every weigh in. It gave me what I needed to keep going. Some people find forums such as this one work for them. You can always find an accountability thread. Take some time to figure out what would motivate you, and run with it.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by trowter; 07-21-2011 at 02:14 AM.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/243/199

Height: 5'6"

I have actually done both (more than ONCE).. I had success with both options (until I thought I could do it alone)

I have finally decided that I NEED the group support the meetings offer. Seeing others in the same situation, applauding their successes, sharing mine.. is just better for me.

Good luck with whatever option you decide.

WW is really the BEST!

Take care of you.

Suz
SuzRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't like WW online, hate it as a matter of fact. There is no place to find points for foods, no food list, you have to search around for them , I found it time consuming and frustrating. On the other hand if I need calorie counts for foods, they are very easy to find.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I don't like WW online, hate it as a matter of fact. There is no place to find points for foods, no food list, you have to search around for them , I found it time consuming and frustrating. On the other hand if I need calorie counts for foods, they are very easy to find.
While I don't like everything about the online site I do find it easy to search for any food in the food tracker and record it.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275.6/264.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I do it at home. I have an elaborate excel spreadsheet that I use to track my progress over each day, week, and overall. I am a little Type A so it works for me. I use online resources, but find that meetings are just one more thing to add to my already busy day. Instead I have a close network of friends who have done WW in the past, or currently and have advice and support to offer, which I think is the most important part of meetings anyway.
NightwingFanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

I am doing weight watchers however because I don't have the money for the weekly meetings I found someone selling their not used items on craigslist. I was able to get the dining out guide, complete food guide, 3 month tracker and the points calculator with 3 cookbooks for $40. Then I realized that I needed the accountability. So I set up a 3FC blog and told everyone about it. I try to post every day. I even have my pictures and starting stats (ouch) for the world to see. I have found that it has been a huge motivator to stick with the plan. even if I dont know all the people that are reading or commenting, I know that others see it.
wagfam is offline   Reply With Quote