Old 07-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #1  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Default July Newbie Thread Part II

Well our old thread got closed for being too big, guess we are just an active group.
So good morning everyone. Had a wonderful visit with my father last night who was in town for just one evening.
He got to meet his grandson for the first time and it was a great visit.
Found out some things about my mother that weren't so good.. apparently he doesn't have high hopes that she will get over her current illness etc. so that was kind of eye-opening.
But it was a good night.
Have a great day everyone!!!
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #2  
Started IP July 8th

Have to bump it to the top since no one from my thread can post anymore.
Would be nice if the moderators close our thread for to many posts they at least post a link to a new post rather than just close it on us.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Have to bump it to the top since no one from my thread can post anymore.
Would be nice if the moderators close our thread for to many posts they at least post a link to a new post rather than just close it on us.
Thanks for keeping us going Wayward, awesome chance to visit with family
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Wayward - Good job! Also - so sorry to hear about your mother.

So, I'm addicted to asian food - so one thing that is keeping me going is tamari. But, obviously even though allowed - it still has sodium. My question is - how much tamari is too much tamari?
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #5  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

has anyone here ever had or even heard of 100% fat free cooked ham? We can have that...but I have only seen ever 98% fat free...Trader Joe's may have it maybe?
Wayward, thx for starting a new one! I was going to do a new one in July if they didn't close the last one on us!
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #6  
Started IP 07/05/2011

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yay...I was a little panicked this morning that the other thread was closed. Not sure what to do without my other newbies supporting and inspiring. Sorry to hear about your mom, Wayward. That's always a tough thing on the heart.

I'm happy to say that I've been OP since my Saturday night slip up (cold beers at a BBQ) and I'm finally starting to get my energy back.

I have a question to other newbies...do you allow yourself to have restricteds and higher carb packets or do you stick to the lower ones? I know the protocol allows a certain amount of restricteds per week but I haven't had any of them yet because I'm worried about slowing my weight loss.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows why we can't have avocado...I miss them. I know they are high fat but it's good fat. I ate them my first week because I didn't know they weren't allowed and they curbed my craving for something creamy.
CuteNcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #7  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

I mean August XD
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #8  
Started IP July 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofflaw1 View Post
has anyone here ever had or even heard of 100% fat free cooked ham? We can have that...but I have only seen ever 98% fat free...Trader Joe's may have it maybe?
Wayward, thx for starting a new one! I was going to do a new one in July if they didn't close the last one on us!
We actually picked one up at our local supermarket last week.
Got a 3.5 lb ham, and it was 100% fat free, it had pretty high sodium, but my coach said just do it like once or twice a week, has like 1500grams per portion that we are allowed.
But when you figure you don't have to add salt to it obviously and you can just not add salt to your veggies that night it is kind of a wash.
I sliced it up into 1/4 inch slices and grilled it.
It was pretty dang good.

And no problem on the thread, now that I know they get slammed closed at 500 posts, I will just start a new one each time and post the new link in the future.
I tried to send a message to the moderator that closed it to have her add a link but she was offline.
Oh well we know for next time.

Oh yeah weigh-in number 3 tonight
Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #9  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Hello everyone,

Well..im down another pound!! woohoo..that makes for 6 pounds in 3 days...boo ya!!! drink that water baby!
I thought of a creative idea for "noodles in soup"...take some deli meat and cut them into thin strips and the put in soup!! mmmmm...turkey noodle!

Anywho..got to run..hope yalls have a good day!
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #10  
Started IP July 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNcurls View Post
I have a question to other newbies...do you allow yourself to have restricteds and higher carb packets or do you stick to the lower ones? I know the protocol allows a certain amount of restricteds per week but I haven't had any of them yet because I'm worried about slowing my weight loss.
I have a restricted every day, that is my one thing different. My coach said it was no worry and it was allowed one per day for a reason.
I mix it up, one day BBQ crisps...good btw, then Southwest Puffs...still my favorite. Sometimes I have a bar, but I don't have much desire for sweet stuff anymore, once in awhile.

I will let you know how it affected my body tomorrow after my weigh-in tonight.
My coach made it sound like it was no big deal to have 1 a day, but not to have more than 1 ever..

The avocado... no clue for me, too picky to like guacamole lol.
If I remember tonight I will ask for you.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152.8/139.4/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Oh yeah weigh-in number 3 tonight
GOOD LUCK waywayrd!!
cherbee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #12  
Started IP July 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasesgirl View Post
Hello everyone,

Well..im down another pound!! woohoo..that makes for 6 pounds in 3 days...boo ya!!! drink that water baby!
I thought of a creative idea for "noodles in soup"...take some deli meat and cut them into thin strips and the put in soup!! mmmmm...turkey noodle!
Remember it has to come out of your daily protein count though, sure it's nice to make things taste better, but we are only allowed so much extra protein per day, so if you use 2 oz of turkey in your soup you have to drop your dinner by 2oz. And some coaches are only allowing 6oz for dinner so that would make it 4oz.

Just remember
Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for opening a new thread to keep us going. I was panicked this morning as well when I went on and it was closed.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad just over two years ago and it's not easy. He'd been sick for many years and nobody ever gave it thought that one day he may not come home since he was in and out of hospitals regularly, but that's what happened and it took everybody for a shock. I still miss him lots.
I love looking thru this thread. The encouragement is awesome and it's great getting ideas of what to do with some of the IP foods that aren't that great by them self.

I finished day 3 yesterday. I was later getting in from work since I stopped to stock up on veggies. When I walked in my son had baked a frozen pizza and the smell was so good. It was so hard not to cheat, but hooray I didn't. My supper was awsome which made feel so much better that I had resisted even having a nibble of pizza.

My supper was so good I felt like I was cheating and it was really filling. I'll tell you what I had and if I had something I shouldn't have please bring it to my attention. I used the allowed amount of olive oil, sauted garlic, shrimp, asparagus, green pepper, green onion, bok choy, and mushrooms. I added the sea salt, some Mrs Dash, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and hot sauce. There was lots so I have supper for tonight as well. It was yummy. I need to buy a food scale because I'm not sure if I might have more shrimp than 7oz.

Sorry for being so long winded.

Hope everybody has another successful cheat free day.
30toloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #14  
Started IP July 8th

Btw for sea salt I use this:
http://www.amazon.com/Coarse-Sea-Sal...1791069&sr=8-7

It's on sale right now too, dangit lol but I have had it since November. It's a lb of salt in a resealable bag, it will last a long time but it's only $4.15 right now.
It's dark grey sea salt and has a really good flavor, you may need a grinder which I have but it's pretty small overall compared to some salt you see.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Good luck on the weigh in Wayward!

I was told the avocado is not allowed because of the oils in it. I cought that right away since they are a fav. The day before I started I had tacos with avocado knowing it would be a while till i could have either again.

As for the restricted IP foods. I was also told I could have one a day which for me has been the peanut bar for snack. I hope I'll see positive result when I first weigh after one week.

I picked up Kolorabi. Does anybody have suggestions in what to do with that. I thought I had read once about cutting them into FF strips and baking in the oven?????
30toloose is offline   Reply With Quote