View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #75
MsThickMiddle
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezziePS View Post
You guys...I just read through this whole thread. I laughed, I cried, but mostly, I identified.

I have been bouncing back and forth for years, lately it's been mostly forth.

I went to a doctor appointment and realized I had gained 20 lbs in 6 months and was now heavier than I have ever been before.

I realized that I think about how fat I am CONSTANTLY- it affects me in EVERY way- what I wear, what I am willing to go out and do, how I interact with people, how I feel, what I think about...It would literally take me LESS effort to just DO something about it than to let it control my life...and I wonder what amazing things I can accomplish with this weight not constantly...well...weighing on me!

Also, the thing that finally hit me last night (like a ton of bricks) is that this isn't just for me. My husband has gained 70 lbs since we got married and he is dangerously heavy. Last night he looked at me and said, "I am going to have a heart attack soon. I just can feel it." It made me hysterical. We're not even 30 yet. I am not going to let something as dumb as food and laziness kill my soulmate or shorten the time we have together. We have to do this now, we have to do this together, and we have to do this for real.
Bless you both! I hope he listens to his body. You can both be great support to each other.
MsThickMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote