Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Splitting dinner protein

... how do you do it? I can't find a thread that discusses this... though I'm sure there is one. I'm thinking about adding meat to lunch for a while just to shake things up. If I split my dinner protein do I skip the lunch packet?
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
... how do you do it? I can't find a thread that discusses this... though I'm sure there is one. I'm thinking about adding meat to lunch for a while just to shake things up. If I split my dinner protein do I skip the lunch packet?
I did this from January - March - I just had too much going on in my life. I split my protein(meat) between lunch and dinner and moved my lunch IP packet to a 3 pm snack. I think it slowed the weight loss down a little, but I just had to do it. I lost my sister to breast cancer January 4th, 2011 and it just totally devastated me. I travel a lot and it just worked for me. I did not feel so weak by the end of the day, and I was having a hard time eating a large meal at dinner time.
My routine looked like this:
6:30 am - Chocolate drink mix with my morning coffee
9:30 am - Kosher dill pickle
11:30 am - Lunch - 3-4 oz protien and 2 cups of veggies
2:30 pm - Chi tea with Vanilla ready to drink
5:30 PM - Dinner - remainder of protein and 2 cups of veggies
8:30 pm - IP restricted
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

In the beginning I was splitting it up and had an afternoon snack about 2:30 and then still at 8:30. I lost just over a pound my 3rd week so I decided to bump up a shake to lunch and have nothing in the afternoon and all my meat at dinner and I lost over 3 pounds the foloowing week. I'm still doing it that way and so far my loss for the week is pretty good. (Let's hope it hold true for weigh in tomorrow!)
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for sharing your experience with me!
I had 2 oz of meat with my lunch veggies. I was so full I couldn't eat my salad. Not eating salad is a bad thing
I may have to change my mind about this! LOL
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote