Old 07-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Does this sound like a good meal plan?

Okay I'm going to try switching to 4 meals a day (i've been told that it will really help me adjust after they take out my gallbladder in august) and I want to know if this seems like a good meal plan. I'll probably be eating the same thing every day for a week...and then switch to something else. It's just easier for me that way so that things don't go bad in the fridge since I only cook for myself.

Basically...I want to know if I would be eating enough with this plan? and if I would be getting enough fruits and veggies.

7am ~ Breakfast - Yogurt Smoothie & Banana

11am ~ Half PB&J & Apple & 1 cup of Green Beans & A piece of a cheddar cheese block

3pm ~ Crock Pot Chicken & Broccoli & Grapes

7am ~ Half PB&J & Orange & Corn & more cheddar cheese

Notes:

For the veggies I would probably season them with I can't believe it's not butter spray...

Crock Pot Chicken in chicken breasts, frozen veggies, and cream of mushroom soup cooked in the crock pot. I would be eating a chicken breast, with some of the soup poured over it and a cup of the veggies that cook with it.

I usually drink between 64 and 128 oz of water a day, sometimes a little more....and at least 16oz of it is mixed with flavored Benefiber. Occasionally I will have a bottle of Gatorade.

So yeah....do you guys think thats enough food? Or is it too much? Also, is there any major food group that I need more of? I just want to make sure that it's well balanced and that I am not starving myself or overeating.

Any input would be appreciated!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Sounds pretty good to me. I would use natural/organic peanut butter and sugar free jelly. PB and J regular style has pretty high calories/fat, but is also great for protein. Also, cream of mushroom soup is a little high sodium, and also a calorie trap. A small amount of any cream based soups/gravy are usually high in calories. Could you use chicken broth instead? I am sure you are still pretty low on calories, but I'd have to do the math. Maybe trade the corn for something green (corn is starchy and not easily digested) and do cheese once a day (cheese can cause constipation). With your surgery I would want to be sure that things are going through the way they should, lol. Good luck with that, and I think you have a great plan!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

It sounds good to me, I always add my calories or at least estimate as good as I can to see how close it is to 1200 (or however many calories you are trying to stick to at that time)
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #4  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

jaimie1980 - Thanks for the advice. I was definitely planning on low fat peanut butter but i cannot stand sugar free jelly or jam. I usually get BAMA grape jam, and that's what i'll be using. It's just not one of those things I can give up. I already have 2 green veggies plus all of the broccoli and carrots and cauliflower and stuff that will be cooked with the chicken, so that's why I picked corn. I don't like veggies when they're not cooked, and most of them I don't like at all...green beans, broccoli, and corn are pretty much the only veggies I like. The cream of mushroom soup I use is low sodium and made with low fat milk...so it's honestly not that bad...and it's not like I eat the whole can or anything...it's really just there to give the chicken flavor. Most of it ends up getting thrown away anyways. I could try chicken broth, but I don't think it would taste as good...and I figured since I was already pretty low on calories compared to what my body is used to, that it wouldn't make much difference and I could change that later if I needed to. I had forgotten about cheese making you constipated, and I'll be sure to cut back right after the surgery...lol

jillnicole03 - I've always been a weight watchers girl myself...but I never paid for it I just followed the program on my own. I might switch to calorie counting this time, except I've decided that either way, all fruits and veggies don't count (well excluding things like avocado and stuff thats obviously fatty). That way, maybe I can get myself to eat more of them. lol.

Last edited by DivineFidelity; 07-26-2011 at 10:39 PM.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote