Old 07-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #1  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I started C25K yesterday, now I have a kind of gross question

So, yesterday I started the C25K program. I am so excited. I feel great today. I don't think I have ever jogged for 8 total minutes in my life.

I have a couple great friends that are fit, they have promised to run the "Turkey Trot" in November with me every step of the way!

Now, I need to know about exercise clothes, do you wash yours everyday? Holy Sweat! I am tempted to just hang them to air out and save on the water bill, but I don't know if I can put them back on tomorrow.

Right now, I only have one outfit and one sports bra. I hope to invest more in a couple weeks.

How does everyone handle their work out clothes? I am totally laughing at myself for having to ask this question.
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i grew up without running water....i learned how to make due through the week until wash day, when we'd drive an hour to the nearest laundromat and wash everything for the week...we hauled our laundry in big green Army duffel bags...and if it needed to be washed on the homestead, we washed it in the sink and hung it outside to dry

i just let my stuff air dry unless it's so bad that i wont put it back on again lol...and i throw it in our washer/dryer with the weekend laundry....i just still have that mindset that things will be fine until wash day
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I run 3x a week, and wash on my rest day since I wear a different outfit on my toning days (the other 3x a week) . They don't smell or anything after only 3 wearings. Maybe it is "gross", I dunno, but I don't have the time to do laundry every day and I don't have the money to have 3-6 sets of exercise outfits.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, I've wondered too... I wear cropped running pants and a Nike racerback tank. Both are made of material that "wicks" the moisture -- I pretty much wear it like 3 times before I wash. Sometimes I wear a Tshirt instead of the tank though, then I wash it after one wearing. The cotton seems to absorb more sweat!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

I wash and then hang dry after wearing it. Especially with the jog pants...Hope this is not TMI, but I am afraid I will get a yeast infection if I do not.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2

I give the clothes a soak, hand wash, and hang them to dry.
girlwithcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I wash my sports bra and undies every time, but the pants and shirt can go 3 times. I would invest in 2 or 3 sports bras, but one outfit for the rest is probably fine.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #8  
Living the Life

I'll be a gross. I just hang my running gear up on one of those standing clothes racks and re-wear for a week. (I do have two outfits a week, one for running, one for weight lifting or bike riding or whatever) And it's humid as all get out here so I sweat. But I also have no desire to do a load of laundry of just sports wear. It really doesn't bug me, but I'm very low maintenance type of person.

If I go out with a group, I do a smell check. LOL.
Cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #9  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

I'd probably rinse them off and hang them up.
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #10  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I sweat like a horse, I stink, and I'm always working out inside a gym near other people & taking classes where I'm near them, too. So I air dry everything on the shower rod, then throw it all into the laundry. Yes, I do a load of gym clothes each week. (In fact, just got mine done during lunch hour today on my work-from-home day.) I own **a lot** of gym clothes, basically. I think I've got 11 sports bras, for instance. Got them at TJ Maxx and also through eBay. I also watch for sales.

Sometimes I wish we had swaps through 3FC, because a few months ago I finally rid myself of my size large shirts & capri pants, and I did this by dropping them off at a hospital charity shop. I thought at the time that someone on here probably could use them, but they don't do that kind of stuff on the site. Anyway they're gone now.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/166/135

well hope this doesn't gross anyone out...I hang my work out clothes outside to dry out...not hard in this heat...and wear them for at least 3-4 days in a row...I figure I'm gonna sweat em up anyway and while I'm working out I'm at home or running outside and not trying to impress anyone...
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/166/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecat View Post
I'll be a gross. I just hang my running gear up on one of those standing clothes racks and re-wear for a week. (I do have two outfits a week, one for running, one for weight lifting or bike riding or whatever) And it's humid as all get out here so I sweat. But I also have no desire to do a load of laundry of just sports wear. It really doesn't bug me, but I'm very low maintenance type of person.

If I go out with a group, I do a smell check. LOL.

Pretty much how I do it
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I sweat about 3xs as much as the normal person so in the summer I wash everything but in the winter when it is not so humid I wear the shorts and bra twice.
My sister-in-law told me that she was grossed out that my friend re-wears workout clothing (her not knowing that I do). So, I would not tell anyone you know. LoL. I mean, no one on here is going to tell you it is gross but you may be judged elsewhere.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #14  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I sweat a lot, my exercise clothes get smelly, and I'd feel icky and unmotivated if I had to wear them again without washing.

I'd probably be okay with hand washing them and letting them air dry, but I also have enough clothing that I only need to wash them with the normal weekly laundry.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #15  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I tend to re-wear. Also, maybe this is bad, but when I go on walks I don't even wear a bra. It's so hot here that sometimes I just can't stand it when I am sweating. If I ever get to running though I will probably have to wear one just because I wouldn't want the girls flopping around everywhere. But just walking? Not usually a problem.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote