Old 07-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default What do you do before you weigh in?

Wondering if any of you eat differently on the day you weigh in, just before you get on the scale. I usually weigh in in the am, but tomorrow I go in the afternoon and I'm concerned that if I eat lunch and am drinking all that water it will ruin my weight loss number...and I really need to see that drop.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I weigh in in the morning, so I usually do not eat or drink anything until after I step on the scale.

Since you usually WI in the morning and are going to do it in the afternoon this week, I think you need to mentally prepare yourself for your number to be skewed. I am not sure what time you are going, but if there was any way to eat lunch after, it might help your number be closer to the actual number.

One more thing, do you have a scale at home? Do you know if your scale and your official scale are fairly close? If you have a scale, I would weigh yourself at home before eating or drinking so that in your mind you will have close to your actual number. That way when you WI in the afternoon and it doesn't show what you want / think / hope it will be, you will know in the back of your head what it really is.

The total upside of this is you know NEXT week when you go for your official WI at your normal time, you will probably show a huge loss
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Yes I agree, your weigh in may be a bit different from going first thing in the am, nothing to worry about though. My coach did an experiment one time...he weighed himself then drank one 8oz. glass of water and weighed himself again and was one pound more. Another time he weighed w/light clothes on and then weighed w/heavier clothes like a pair of jeans was over a pound more w/the jeans on verse the light weight clothes. But always in the am he was the lighter weight again.
So its not like he was gaining weight during the day his body just needed time to flush everything out.
So don't get discouraged next time when you weigh in in the am you be that much lighter.

Good Luck to you!
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

I always do it in the morning also.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #5  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Yeah, makes sense. I usually try and even take off my jewelry and wear lightweight clothing!! Ha, anything to get a boost of even .1 pounds is great. True, my home scale is very accurate. I have found though that using it too often is not good for me; I keep it down to once every other day. I used to tape the number I wanted to be on the scale so every time I stepped on it, it said exactly what I wanted to see!! But, alas, I'm just too curious to keep that trick going.

I'm so glad I asked about this because even tho it makes sense I think hearing the feedback helps me to be mentally prepared now for what ever happens, and look forward to a better week coming up.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

I weigh in the morning as well. I don't eat or drink a drop before my weigh in and I even change into pretty much the same shorts and skimpy top every weigh in.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
Yeah, makes sense. I usually try and even take off my jewelry and wear lightweight clothing!! Ha, anything to get a boost of even .1 pounds is great. True, my home scale is very accurate. I have found though that using it too often is not good for me; I keep it down to once every other day. I used to tape the number I wanted to be on the scale so every time I stepped on it, it said exactly what I wanted to see!! But, alas, I'm just too curious to keep that trick going.

I'm so glad I asked about this because even tho it makes sense I think hearing the feedback helps me to be mentally prepared now for what ever happens, and look forward to a better week coming up.
Glad u posted this...... Next week when I have to go back to work I have to change from am weigh in to m weigh in..... I like jenny doodles post and since I am doing the no scale challenge should help....
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, me too! I wear almost the same exact lightweight outfit to every weigh-in and always schedule them for as early in the morning as I can. All I have to eat (drink?) is one RTD chocolate shake and a cup of coffee. I have to drive 45 miles to my clinic, so by the time I get there and go to the bathroom, I figure I'm pretty much back to where I was first thing in the a.m.
New2IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/198/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
I weigh in the morning as well. I don't eat or drink a drop before my weigh in and I even change into pretty much the same shorts and skimpy top every weigh in.

That is me EXACTLY! Lol
CarrieElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #10  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Prior to weighing... Usually first thing in the morning. I take a deep breath and hope and pray for a loss! I mentally prepare myself to see the numbers on the scale whether it be a loss or gain or maintaining.

Once I am on the losing streak, I will be returning to weighing myself each day...because it keeps myself accountable for the day.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I always weight in at 3:30 pm when I'm chock full of water and salad! No choice, my clinic is only open on days I work and my office is nowhere near the clinic. I have found that every week I am exactly 2 pounds heavier at 3:30 than I was first thing in the morning. Count on that extra 2 pounds and don't let it discourage you!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

I weigh in after work. I work 12hour night shifts. My weigh-in spot is in my hospital. Since it is the same time every tim it is consistent.
justamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

How did it go?
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I always weight in at 3:30 pm when I'm chock full of water and salad! No choice, my clinic is only open on days I work and my office is nowhere near the clinic. I have found that every week I am exactly 2 pounds heavier at 3:30 than I was first thing in the morning. Count on that extra 2 pounds and don't let it discourage you!
My WI'ns are always in the evening at 5:30pm right after work and I've been on my feet all day with swollen legs at the end of the day so I make sure to weigh myself in the morning and like Pauley said. I"m always 2 pounds less in the am. So when coach says that I didn't lose weight............thats what he thinks. I don't get discouraged because I know i lost at least 2pounds.
Bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #15  
I know I can

I pray!! I don't eat or drink anything before I weigh.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote