Old 07-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #1  

Default No more Diets!! " A new way of living"

Hi I'm new and working towards losing over 100 just started sonoma diet!! I'm working on Day three, I'm really excited because I have been on a diet for 20 years! up and down.... and hope this is my new life style of eating and not a diet ... I recently went back to my old job of 13 years because I have 2 more years of college and need a job that pays well and flexible for school & no nights or weekends!!! Driving job sitting allot and found myself eating out every day and gained back 28lbs this year! my body hurts all the time, I need to make changes and need a support system that can share the weight loss and new eating habits together!!!

The 1 hardest thing for me is eating out, my boyfriend loves to eat out and he can eat what he wants he's so slim! so when we do I asked for us to stay away from all -u-can-eat which is his favorite,

And 2 I drive 30 min to work and stay all day and need fast easy lunch ideals that I wont get bored with!
lbell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/263/160

Height: 5'2

Hey Ibell69, Ugh My boyfriend is the same way. He's not super skinny, but he is at a healthy weight and eats whatever he wants. I always wonder if I ever get down to a healthy weight will I be able to be like that or will I always have to watch myself. Anyway welcome. I'm new myself and hope I get as much support and inspiration as everyone else. Seems like a lot of people have been pretty successful.
msdarkmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 AM   #3  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Frozen lunches (like Weight Watchers' SmartOnes) can be good, although you have to watch the sodium content.

Some people make salads or even healthy entrees that they take to work in plastic containers. WW has recipes for small entrees, and I would imagine that other plans do too.

I like single-servings of dairy (like string cheese or yogurt cups), a couple servings of fruit (e.g., a banana and a no-sugar-added fruit cup), water, and maybe a little piece of chocolate when I take a lunch to work.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #4  

Hello and thanks for the welcome! I too hope to get and give support to all I can. I have to say this morning I was up at 5am and took a walk through the neighborhood to bet the heat, I'm full of energy and feel really good right now. the last few days I have been making dishes that can be good for few days to eat latter, so hopefully that will help once I go back to work. Thanks Theox I will dig out the little cooler and add some viggies and cheese for snacks. ... I have a small freezer so I'm eyeballing it to see how many frozen ww entrees I can get today!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #5  

Hi everyone! I have had a busy weekend, did great and stayed on track. I just got my Sonoma diet book in the mail and started reading it last night. Today is my 6th day and I feel good and even feel lighter I weigh in tomorrow
Old 07-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdarkmetal View Post
Hey Ibell69, Ugh My boyfriend is the same way. He's not super skinny, but he is at a healthy weight and eats whatever he wants. I always wonder if I ever get down to a healthy weight will I be able to be like that or will I always have to watch myself. Anyway welcome. I'm new myself and hope I get as much support and inspiration as everyone else. Seems like a lot of people have been pretty successful.
I'm on the Dukan diet, which is very low carb and low fat. It has 4 phases - a first very regimented but short super strict one, then the one I'm currently on for actively losing weight which is still pretty strict but a little but easier. After that, there is a long period where it's still very low carb and low fat but you start to add back in a few starches. That phase lasts 5 days for every pound lost.

And in the final phase, you are supposed to be able to eat "normally" - I am not really sure what that means, because my "normal" got me to 261 lbs!!! But I am hoping that it means something in between where I am right now and eating whatever I want. I wouldn't mind being strict most of the time, if I can go out a couple of times a week and not have to worry about gaining from just that. But I do expect that I will always have to have some limits and never be a person who can constantly eat whatever and not gain weight. (although truthfully, even the people I know who were like that end up gaining when they get older - around 40)

Last edited by April Snow; 07-24-2011 at 12:08 PM.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey! Great to see another new face here, Ibell69! I have heard really good things about the Sonoma Diet and I will be interested to hear your take on it. Kudos to you for really stepping up to this challenge and making plans and getting your exercise --- you really spin up fast!

I had one thought about the eating out thing. It's a hard habit to break when you are really busy and especially when it is tied to fun and socializaton, like with your BF. So, maybe you need an incentive. Besides being hard on you calorie wise, eating out is expensive. What if you and your boyfriend decided together on some cool trip that you both want to take and then used your eating out money to do that instead; every time you stayed in instead of going out, the money you would have spent goes into your travel fund. If you could get him on board with cutting back on dining out, it would make it a lot easier on you --- and this way there is something in it for him, too.

Anyway, I am impressed with your attitude and look forward to reading a lot more of your posts!

Skinny in Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #8  

Thanks Skinny in Oz! That is a great Idea... I love to trout fishing and a trip down south would be great! my best friend, she has a garden that is so Big!! She works the Farmers Market and I'm going to spend Tuesday helping her pick all the veggies and help her set up for the market, in exchange she is sending me home with all the veggies I want! this will be so helpful in my new eating habits and get some exercise. Happy to be here! and I hope everyone has a great start to their week!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #9  

Happy monday lets make it a great week. My 1st weigh in today and lost 5lbs!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #10  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbell69 View Post
Happy monday lets make it a great week. My 1st weigh in today and lost 5lbs!!!
Awesome!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote