Old 07-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/214/170

Height: 5'6 1/2

Question Anyone using Kettlebells??..

Hey Girls...
So simple question just wondering are any of ye using kettlebells as apart of your workout?
Im really interested in starting using them but want to know if there effective so if anyone has anything to share bout their experience with them or the results they got with them or anything!...then feel free to share would really appreciate it...from my research they look amazing but have yet to try them out!
wannachange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #2  

Kettlebells are fantastic! I'd really recommend the kettlenetics system. I used it all throughout June and really felt my body get strong and i gained flexibility in areas i didn't think could flex!

I have however put the strength training on hold until i get my diet in better control and cut down a few more lbs. I can promise you however that i will be back to the K-bells from the 1st of August .
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/141/125

Height: 5'1"

What is the kettlenetics system? I have also heard a lot about kettlebells and we have them at the gym I go to and I really want to start using them.
LittleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #4  

irishcanary....love the name im irish too!

Glad to hear there beneficial...i want to use the for toning but i was thinking of starting off with them at the start of my weight loss journey rather than at the end for toning because the building of muscle is supposed to help with burning fat.....now just to kickstart the plan of using kettlebells 3x a week, then walking every other day and watching my diet!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/137/125

Height: 5'5"

I have a 10 lb kettlebell that I would LOVE to know how to use! My boyfriend got amazing results from the Art of Strength series but they are very advanced workouts (He also doesn't have as much flab as I do, so progress is a lot easier to see!). Looking forward to hearing more about the kettlenetics series =)
TigerSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335/277/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerSoup View Post
I have a 10 lb kettlebell that I would LOVE to know how to use! My boyfriend got amazing results from the Art of Strength series but they are very advanced workouts (He also doesn't have as much flab as I do, so progress is a lot easier to see!). Looking forward to hearing more about the kettlenetics series =)
It's like an "easier" form of kettlebells. Any kettle workout done correctly will be intense. Form and shape are really important, so for anyone interested I would check Pavel Tsatsouline. I'm p.sure he sells starter kits.

Btw kettlebells are amaaaazing.
do the robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #7  

Aaaaaah im so exciting to actually get started with kettlebells....they make me motivatived to lose weight because they help tone you which is what i want also...like im sure alot of us want!

the only thing is i think im going to actually buy some kettlebells and some videos and just exercise with them at home because i cant afford to go to a proper class being a student!

thanks do the robot i'll check him out and if anyone knows of some other great kettlebell videos let us all know thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

I got the Jillian Michael's kettlebell dvd, it's awesome! Only $10 at Walmart as well as the 30 Day shred dvd that i'm starting tonight. They are only a 1/2 hour so you won't die but you will feel good after! I got 5, 10 and 15 lb kettlebells.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #9  
Kettle Bell Crazy

S/C/G: 212/168/150

Height: 5'4

I use KettleWorx and have had great success. 6 weeks of workout then 6 week of advanced and I lost 22lbs many inches and several pant sizes and I am much stronger. Kettlebell training has helped me to be able to run better.

Last edited by itsmeangelia; 08-07-2011 at 10:31 AM.
itsmeangelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #10  
running myself skinny

S/C/G: 191/ticker/140

Height: 5'4 1/2

I want a kettleball now! lol
taramade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #11  

^Me too. As soon as I can scrape up the money, I'm all for jumping on the kettlebell bandwagon. They look SO fun.
fatty_nomore is offline   Reply With Quote