Old 07-21-2011, 03:38 AM   #1  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Default Blow out day

I ate terribly today. I'm not too upset. I'm a bit frustrated because I've been bouncing around the 200lb mark for about three weeks and today I just said f*** it. I keep fluctuation from 198 to 202, and when the scale said 198 this morning when I really thought it would be 197 at least I said to **** with the diet today.

Its not so much a falling off the bandwagon, but I realise it was an emotional reaction and dammit triggered to eat food. Why oh why do we reach for food? And for me it was a range of bad options. Today's fare was an apple, a carrot (I start with the good stuff lol), a trim latte, a chocolate muffin, 2 reeses peanut butter cups and a big mac (I wrote big man at first ). What I do hate is I'm thinking man I wish I had switched out that big mac (man again! wow Freudian slip anyone -LOL-) for some more chocolate.

I want to break the plateau, today isn't helping. So I need to say f*** it again, but this time f*** it bad choices, f*** it emotions. F*** it jitter get your *** to the gym -

**Edit**
BTW, I really don't swear that much!

Last edited by jitterfish; 07-21-2011 at 03:39 AM.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Have a and a

To heck with bad choices! They aren't going to help you get past this stall.

You deserve better choices You can do it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Well, one day is no real crisis, is it, when put into perspective. Those big Macs will kill you though!

All the while I was reading your post, I kept thinking about the breakfast bagels at a local convenience store - available any time of day. That would have been my Big Mac if my day had been like yours! (Used to be the temptation was gone at 11:00 because they stopped offering those darn breakfast bagels at that time. Now they will make them any time of the day - in just 5 minutes. Now it's 24 hour temptation! LOL)

Learn from your day. Hope the days like that are few and very far between. Welcome to Onederland and put the rest behind you.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #4  
GettingHealthier

S/C/G: 278/256/145ish

Height: 5'5"

There are some weight loss strategists who recommend intermittant high calorie days to push you off plateaus. (I don't think Big Macs are actually recommended =), but if eating one occasionally keeps you from eating one every day, maybe not such a bad thing.)

I read and hear so many things and theories about weight loss that it sometimes makes me crazy. I do know, however, that perfection is not required to be successful - just making more good choices than bad. And it seems like you've got that down. You don't lose 90 pounds unless you do.
Sophronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #5  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Put this day behind you and move on. Keep your butt in one-derland. The 2 hundreds are in your past and need to stay there.
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes, staying off the scale for a week or so is a good way to get *numbers* that are messing with you out of your head.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:11 AM   #7  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Oh how the scale can mess with your head. Because today I just couldn't help it I jumped on and I saw that 197. Rejoice. I'm not an excess scale jumper, usually Friday and Monday.

I was wanting 197 because it means 90lbs lost. Seems like an insane number, that 100 is so close now woohoo.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote