Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Daily Chat- Thursday, July 21

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- Introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program
whoosh fairy = big loss one day after not having lost for a while

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 07-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Yay! I know what day it is! Thursday is my last day of work, so I've been looking forward to Thursday since Monday

I'm still hanging in there. My PMS is raging. I feel crazy. This is not typical for me. I yelled at the BluRay remote last night- like seriously... the kids were looking at me like I was totally insane. I don't know why I'm having this, but I dislike it.

NSV for me last night- kind of: I had to do some emergency rushing around after work last night and the kids were starving (as was I). After I got done what I needed, I promised them a "treat" for supper and they chose Wendy's. I used to like Wendy's- the one near me has better food than most fast food restaurants. I thought I would order myself a salad, but there really wasn't anything that didn't have off plan ingredients. I ended up going home and making myself a chicken and veggie stirfry. I was so pleased with my food and for not settling for junky fast food. And I didn't even consider wanting a french fry. I was so pleased.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Yay! I know what day it is! Thursday is my last day of work, so I've been looking forward to Thursday since Monday

I'm still hanging in there. My PMS is raging. I feel crazy. This is not typical for me. I yelled at the BluRay remote last night- like seriously... the kids were looking at me like I was totally insane. I don't know why I'm having this, but I dislike it.

NSV for me last night- kind of: I had to do some emergency rushing around after work last night and the kids were starving (as was I). After I got done what I needed, I promised them a "treat" for supper and they chose Wendy's. I used to like Wendy's- the one near me has better food than most fast food restaurants. I thought I would order myself a salad, but there really wasn't anything that didn't have off plan ingredients. I ended up going home and making myself a chicken and veggie stirfry. I was so pleased with my food and for not settling for junky fast food. And I didn't even consider wanting a french fry. I was so pleased.

Have a great day, everyone!
Way to go at Wendys! I went shopping for 5 hours the other night and my kids were starving when we were done so I swung through a drive thru for them (home is 35 minutes from where we were shopping)and I cooked my dinner when I got home. I would've rather had fast food myself because I was also super hungry and not really in the mood to cook after working 8 hours and shopping 5. I guess we do what we gotta do! That's probably what got us here in the first place.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #4  

Weighed in this morning. Was down 3.6 for the week which brought me to 15.4 in 4 weeks. That is .4 over my goal for the month so that's great. (Only 44.4 to go!) Is 10 a month a realistic goal after the first month? That's what I want to shoot for but we all know that no matter what we do, sometimes our bodies don't cooperate. I also lost 11 inches this month so I'm right on track there too.

Last night I had an aha moment. The girls had been at a bday party and had left their favor bags full of candy on the counter while at bible school. Everytime I walked through the kitchen I caught myself wanting to grab a piece. I had to stop and think EVERYTIME! I wasn't hungry. I didn'tcrave it. It honestly didn't even look good. Just habit I suppose. That lead me to wonder how many calories I was eating mindlessly before. I so could've accidentally cheated had I not actually thought about it. We used to always have things on the counter (peanut m&ms are my fav to have in a candy dish on the counter) and we all just grab a handful when we are in the kitchen. Sometimes we may have even made a special trip to the kitchen just to grab from the candy dish. Nobody was home so I could've gotten away with it. I kept repeating, "What you eat in private shows in public." And I had to remember Iam doing this for me, not those who weren't home or anyone else. So glad I cought myself and had a great weigh in this morning!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 07-21-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I just weighed myself and the scale said 153.5! I won't record it, since my official WI day is Monday and I only ever record what my coach's scale says... But, this means 1) I'm past my original goal, and 2) I've lost more than 50lbs!!! I'm down 51lbs since starting IP, and 63.5lbs from my non-pregnant heaviest weight.

Here's to a good day. Goals for the day:

If I am hungry, I will eat.
I will not stress about food today...
I will prepare things now so that my day is sane, on program, and delicious.

We have an all-hands meeting tomorrow. I will see lots of people that I haven't seen in a long time. I will be wearing my new DKNY dress that I found at a consignment store. I need to find a cute little cardigan to go with it, so that I don't freeze in the room.

Quote:

Envy, envy, envy that you are done working today... Oh, and I'm sure it was the remote's fault. It always is...

Quote:
THIS is what the plan is about. Knowing how to deal when you are faced with a situation like this. Congratulations!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Yea for all the NSV so far this morning!!! I had one as well last night. We went to the grossest place on the planet for dinner last night (Golden Corral). The only thing there normally worth eating is their rolls.......and dessert bar Well, I had a large romaine lettuce salad with grilled chicken on top, I brought my own dressing, and had two cups of steamed zuchinni. While everyone else was eating bananna pudding, raspberry cheesecake, apple cobbler and ice cream - I was still munching on my zuchinni. I didn't even WANT a dessert. That's huge for me considering I flubbed up this past Sunday and ate some ice cream.

I think today is going to continue to be good as the rest of my week was. I am feeling better today so hopefully I'm over this sinus infection. Tomorrow is WI#3 for me. I hope to be down a couple pounds which would be good considering my oopsie on Sunday. Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #7  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I just weighed myself and the scale said 153.5! I won't record it, since my official WI day is Monday and I only ever record what my coach's scale says... But, this means 1) I'm past my original goal, and 2) I've lost more than 50lbs!!! I'm down 51lbs since starting IP, and 63.5lbs from my non-pregnant heaviest weight.

Awesome Job PxlKitty! You are such an inspiration to everyone.
Keep up the good work!!

Fast food info
So..my niece was on this diet too for a little while, she has since fallen off the plan, but that's neither here nor there. One day when she was traveling with her mom, they drove through McDonalds. Well she was starved..but what can you eat there? Well her mom ordered her just a chicken breast!!! You DON"T have to order the sandwhich and throw away the bun..You CAN just order the breast (usually served with one piece of lettuce and a tomatoe) and it's cheaper then the sandwhich. I hope that helps someone along the way!

Last edited by MInewgoal; 07-21-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #8  

Quote:
I am jealous! Would love to be at 153! How many weeks have you been on IP to lose the 51 pounds? Nevermind....if I would've looked closer I'd see it says 20! Congrats! I bet you will be down even more Monday!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 07-21-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #9  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone! I haven't been on for a few days, it's been a crazy summer here. Now that I'm back at work I can't seem to find time to do the little things that I enjoyed. I'm still OP. Down another 1.6 lbs yesterday but up in inches everywhere but down 1.5 on my hips, that's where it matters right now..lol. But TOM is also here so I know that will all change in the next few days. I actually went on the scale this morning and I was down 2 lbs in 1 day so I'm happy with that.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'll catch up with the previous posts and see what everybody has been up to. Hope you're all keeping cool with lots water. Have a great day!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Morning.

Thought I'd share an email from my friend's coach. She sends one out weekly.

Hello Everyone! What a fabulous week so far! I am loving this summer weather, and am looking forward to camping next week with my family.
Sometimes sticking to your diet program on the weekend isn't always as easy as it is during the week. We seem to be more scheduled during the week and we are more relaxed on the weekend.

Can you relate to this desperate dieter's dilemma?

"I'm pretty good about my diet and exercise program during the week. But when the weekend comes, all of that hard work goes out the window! I constantly find myself 'starting over' every Monday morning. How do I get out of this unproductive cycle?!"

One reason weekends are so difficult is that you fall out of your regular daily routines. There are always potlucks, dinners, dates and family gatherings, where trouble is lurking in the form of buffet lines or rich desserts. Weekend menus can also be more difficult to plan - and without a plan, you're more likely to stray from the healthy habits you have been working so hard to develop.

The "Weekend Survival Guide" is designed to help your diet survive those dreaded weekends. Keep it with you - in your purse, in the car - wherever you go. The checklist and helpful tips can keep you focused and on track. Meanwhile, the inspirational quotes can give you a boost of well-timed motivation. If nothing else, remember this: when you start feeling the temptation to slip, ask yourself how you will feel about your decisions once Monday morning rolls around.

TIPS FOR TURNING AWAY TEMPTATION

Plan family activities like bike rides or outdoor games. This helps you spend time with your family and burn calories all at once!

Carry a water bottle with you to your weekend activities. This will help you get your water for the day and resist the temptation to reach for a soda or other caffeinated beverage.

Set some "weekend specific" goals for yourself based on the realities of what you'll be doing. They may look very different than your weekday goals, and that's okay.

If you are going to be out all day, pack some healthy snacks in case you get hungry. There is nothing worse than being hungry at the mall, and the only food options are ice cream or pizza.

Set Monday as your weigh-in day. You are more likely to resist temptation if you have to face the scale first thing Monday morning.

Plan ahead!! If you are going out to eat, find the restaurant's menu (and any available nutritional information) online. You'll have plenty of time to make a healthy choice before you get there.

With a little extra effort and planning, you can turn weekends into an enjoyable experience and an opportunity to keep your program moving in the right direction!

Sometimes people are shocked when they don't lose quite as much weight as they expect that they should, after they've put a little bit of this, and a little bit of that into their mouths. "It was such a small piece" I hear. or "I only licked the spoon". When you put food into your mouth, there is a chemical reaction in order for your body to be able to break down whatever it is, so it can be properly digested. When you are on the weight loss phase of the program, your pancreas is on holidays (being reset) so it won't produce insulin because you aren't feeding your body any sugar. When you eat something not on the program, and it contains natural or processed sugar, your pancreas produces insulin to balance your blood sugar- but insulin is also the hormone that tells your body to store fat. Our bodies look for the easiest source of energy (much like we do) and when you provide easy energy, no stored fat is burnt! We want to maximize our weight loss in the shortest amount of time, so we need to stick with the program, and once we've reached our goal, then eat regular food again. The results will pay off! We feel such guilt when we 'cheat' so why put yourself through that!? We just need to keep our no-no, and be strong! You Can Do It!!!!

If you'd like something baked, and guilt free at the same time, try this: (it does count as 2 proteins if you eat all of it in one day, so maybe spread them over a few days.)

Oatmeal Biscuits
2 packets Ideal Protein oatmeal
1 large egg white
1 to 2 ounces of water

Beat egg, then stir into oatmeal until mixed thoroughly. Add water to thin out batter until spoonable- but not runny. Spoon onto a non stick baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 min. or until golden.
*This would count as 2 packets/proteins.

Bok Choy with Curry
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Ideal Maple syrup
1/2 leek( white part only) minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 c bok choy, quartered
2 tsp curry powder
2 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth

Heat oil and syrup in a saucepan, then add the rest of the ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes. Serve hot.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #11  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Here's to a good day. Goals for the day:

If I am hungry, I will eat.
I will not stress about food today...
I will prepare things now so that my day is sane, on program, and delicious.

We have an all-hands meeting tomorrow. I will see lots of people that I haven't seen in a long time. I will be wearing my new DKNY dress that I found at a consignment store. I need to find a cute little cardigan to go with it, so that I don't freeze in the room.

Envy, envy, envy that you are done working today... Oh, and I'm sure it was the remote's fault. It always is...

THIS is what the plan is about. Knowing how to deal when you are faced with a situation like this. Congratulations!
You are going to knock them dead... I found some nice cardigans in summer weight at Walmart of all places...

Cindy, it is definately the remote's fault.

Every day I get up and walk my dogs, it is a lot more easier getting out of bed now then 69lbs ago. It is amazing how you don't realize how much your weight affects your life. I am so happy Couts71 told me about this program, I would still be an unhappy 241 lb person without him... Now I am 172 and get complimented every day on how different I look and how amazing... well one of these days my head is going to be so big it won't fit through the door.
I have noticed weird things though:

-always cold (I guess all my insulation is gone)
-nose is runny ALL the time (never had that before)
-people seem to smile more at me (maybe because I am smiling more)
-being called skinny (now people are asking aren't you done yet?)
-being able to refuse even one bite of something I love (doesn't even bother me, I make different squares for the people at work all the time)
-I want to look nice even if I am going to work (before tshirt and jeans or casual pants for work)
Now I shop at Goodwill or Value Village for clothes and I look so much better coming to work with a nice shirt and pants or capris...
-always excited to see my clothing are getting baggy again.

One of my co-workers said on Tuesday hey your pants are baggy, I said REALLY I just bought them yesterday... I know I didn't lose that much weight overnight so I am thinking that maybe I still haven't totally adjusted to my new size, I mean I was excited as I was wearing a size 9... I have never been in the single digit sizes before.

I hope EVERYONE has a great day, stays OP, and all their dreams are attainable.
Joanne
Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

We have a big meeting today and they are having pizza (my favorite) but of course I am not cheating. I have my IP packs and I won't lie, it will be difficult to sit in that delightful smell but I can do it! Have a workout planned for after work. Keeping my eye on the prize.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #13  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Good Morning,
I liked reading those tips in the leader's letter. I go to Weight Watchers every Monday night, as a commitment to my health and accountability on the scale. I do find that it helps me be more accountable on the weekend when I'd sometimes love to fall off my plan. I need all the help I can get!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Smile Strawberry/Orange Drink

I mixed this one up yesterday it was yummy!

1 Packet IP Orange Drink w/10 oz. h2o
1 Packet IP Strawberry Pudding w/10 oz. h2o

Blend together and separate into 2 blender bottles or mason jars
chill in fridge, ENJOY!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
We have a big meeting today and they are having pizza (my favorite) but of course I am not cheating. I have my IP packs and I won't lie, it will be difficult to sit in that delightful smell but I can do it! Have a workout planned for after work. Keeping my eye on the prize.
Pizza is my fave too! My 2nd day OP my company bought pizza and I had to pick it up so I had to smell it the whole drive back and while they were eating it. I ate my steamed veggies and wanted teh pizza so bad. My family has had pizza a couple more times since then and I'm not sure the craving gets any less. Cheese is the one thing I crave all day everyday so that might have something to do with it. Good luck! Stay strong.
Closed Thread