Old 07-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #1  

Default Day 3, couple of questions and need encouragement

Okay, on day 3

couple of questions:

1. Can we have ANY brand of dill pickles?

2. Can I have lemon juice in my water? I like to make lemonade with lemon juice and stevia (I believe it actually curbs my appetite btw) but when I signed up they told me "no lemon juice"..
I am not really trusting everything they have told me. They are very new at this and my coach seems to have quite a bit of weight to still lose herself, so I am not convinced she knows it all. She said she had only been doing it a couple of months.

3. Last question- when I will have a turn around with the hunger and so wanting to eat? How many days should I expect? I really want to get to where some of you are and you say you don't want the treats and aren't hungry. Is there a way to speed this up or just wait it out?

I am eating the 5 packets a day (which is going to kill my budget, but hopefully will not be too much longer).
Hislamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I think you can have any BRAND of pickles, but I am pretty sure that they have to be dill, not sweet.

I usually put a lemon wedge in my water when I am at home. Lemon is on my approved sheet, so I would think lemon juice is ok???

For me, it took 5-6 days before I started to be less hungry. Sorry that is probably not what you wanted to hear, but everyone is different.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Mt. Olive brand has Sweet pickles made with Splenda. They have bread and butter pickles, sweet relish and the baby gerkins. I am like Jenny, I put lemon wedges in my water with my MIO sometimes without.

They hunger will pass after a week or so. It just takes time, try to focus on something besides your hunger or food. Read a book, go for a walk, distract yourself.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #4  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

hmmmm wuv2 I know the list says dill pickles but I am not sure about the rest... even with splenda... we may have to ask our coaches on that one.
Lemon is on my phase 1 list so you are good to go there.

Hunger, that is a tricky subject I think it is different for everyone... somedays I still get hungry so I have more lettuce. I would start cutting out the 5 packets over the next little while and try having more lettuce and maybe teas... that helps me a lot.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
hmmmm wuv2 I know the list says dill pickles but I am not sure about the rest... even with splenda... we may have to ask our coaches on that one.
Lemon is on my phase 1 list so you are good to go there.

Hunger, that is a tricky subject I think it is different for everyone... somedays I still get hungry so I have more lettuce. I would start cutting out the 5 packets over the next little while and try having more lettuce and maybe teas... that helps me a lot.
I'm sorry I thought I said my coach said they were allowed, but yes I would check with your coach first.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/188/125

Height: 5'2"

I am also only on day 3 but a warm cup of green tea has been helping me in the afternoons. I hope that is ok to have.
loriab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7'

I just posted on another thread and wish I saw this first>

I am on day 3 and really struggling today, too! My first 2 days were pretty easy and today I am just tried, weak and really hungry.

I saw that someone is drinking tea. If we drink tea do we have to drink the equivalent amount of water to flush it out just like with coffee?

Thanks for any responses that come in....
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #8  
I know I can

I do. If I have coffee or tea or both I always drink the equivalent in water.
By the end of the day I float!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #9  
I know I can

Eat pickles, grab a handful of lettuce. If it's really bad eat an egg white or two. That should help.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Ahh, I remember day 3 so well. It was brutal with the hunger pains. Mine went away around day 10. It's hard to believe it will happen, but it sure does. I think after that first week, it's not too difficult to get by on very little food. Just hang in there and drink more, like everyone else is saying. It will all be worth it at your first weigh in!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

Pickles are to be dill pickles.
I was told no sweet pickles... But I can't see why not on the splenda ones... if they have the same carb and sugar content .....
Don't OD on the lemon juice... too much can do damage to your teeth!

My hunger went away around day 10.... now I have to remind myself to eat most days
Having HUGE salads really helps me on hungry days and drinking 100 oz of water
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #12  

Thank you everyone! I was able to only do 4 packets today and we will see what I can handle tomorrow.
For me the headaches seem to start mid afternoon. Where is a list of withdrawal symptoms?
Hislamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hislamb View Post
Thank you everyone! I was able to only do 4 packets today and we will see what I can handle tomorrow.
For me the headaches seem to start mid afternoon. Where is a list of withdrawal symptoms?
Drink some sea salt water for the headaches and then wait about 15 minutes. Works like a charm for me, and it's what most of the coaches recommend I believe.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
I do. If I have coffee or tea or both I always drink the equivalent in water.
By the end of the day I float!!
If it has caffine in the coffee/tea, you need to drink the equivalent in water - according to my coach. SO if you have an herbal tea with no caffine, you would be o.k.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/188/125

Height: 5'2"

I wonder if I may have been slipping up all week and not realizing it. In my normal life "lettuce" is mixed greens so when I went shopping last weekend to prepare that's what I bought. I think I just read somewhere that field greens was an approved vegetable. What exactly are field greens? Does organic mixed greens in the lettuce section count as my unlimited lettuce? I haven't eaten a ton but I realized this morning that I wasn't being so good with measuring things and want to not cheat myself so I'm looking to take a closer look at my meals and wanted to clarify this first.

TIA, Lori
loriab is offline   Reply With Quote